• 73(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-04-06, 17:32)fritsch Wrote:
(2017-04-06, 10:28)fritsch Wrote: Lol :-). Nothing is done there in Kodi at all. It's the decoder decoding to a Blackbox surface and from here it is rendered without any influence by Kodi.
To add: the TV indicates 10 bit, but it does the very same for non HDR output on Modeswitch. That's what I said above: fully transmitting metadata works exactly nowhere.

Btw. On linux the Intel drivers do depending on the mode 12 bit with back and force dithering..

Long story short: don't trust the TV :-), but make sure the decoder does incorporate the metadata handling and output surface has enough precision and visuals also have and driver does not dither around :-).

So. What of the mentioned points works correctly on android? Or why does the TV indicates HDR even if you don't play that material?
On my satv if I play non hdr content TV displays it correctly in sdr. If I play hdr TV switches to hdr mode. This uses mediacodec rather then mediacodec surface.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
With mediacodec and non surface rendering, you get 8 bit visuals only... cause Kodi renders.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Are there any steps forward to get audio passthrough (Atmos & DTS:X) running with Kodi under Linux?
(2017-04-06, 19:00)fritsch Wrote: With mediacodec and non surface rendering, you get 8 bit visuals only... cause Kodi renders.
Maybe I got it wrong way round. Could something similar be possible on LE if Intel release driver that supports hdr?

Sent from my Nexus 6P
(2017-04-06, 19:07)PauleFoul Wrote: Are there any steps forward to get audio passthrough (Atmos & DTS:X) running with Kodi under Linux?
It does work!
On my old set-up (kodibuntu + nvidia) it worked
But not on the hdmi 2.0 port. On

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Ok, posted before finishConfused

Kodibuntu + nvidia (even kodi 16) it works.

Libreelec + Apollo lake on hdmi 1.4 it also works.

On hdmi 2.0 I dunno.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
@dexter98: Well known since ages (unfortunately).

But there is some hope now as we have found one very good Intel supporter on the Intel NUC forums who already made the FW updates for the DP2HDMI2.0 converter chip from Megachips possible..
This guy just wrote: "So as you all say, bitstreaming through LibreElec didn't work fro me either. I've opened an engineering order for them to look at this. I'll let you all know the progress."
Fingers crossed that he knows the right guys in the Inteluniverse to solve the Linux issues.
Hi, guys.
I'm about to pull the trigger for J4205.
Please tell me the HDMI 2.0 HD audio passthrough issue is fixed at least for windows?
HD audio passthrough under windows has been fixed via the FW update (best to use V1.66) from Megachips.
@mule1

THX for this answer. Sounds very good. Hope that the developer get it work...
Anyone has experience with: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/J4205-ITX...p?cat=Beta the beta bios. Changelog: "Modify vBIOS setting for HDMI display."
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-04-09, 07:26)fritsch Wrote: Anyone has experience with: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/J4205-ITX...p?cat=Beta the beta bios. Changelog: "Modify vBIOS setting for HDMI display."
It's very older firmware. For Megachips current firmware - 1.66 from Intel site
@DenisDA: Megachips Firmware and Asrock Bios are two different things.

@fritsch: I think someone tried it out after release (many pages back in this thread) and did not see any changes.
(2017-04-09, 09:07)chrisk2305 Wrote: @DenisDA: Megachips Firmware and Asrock Bios are two different things.

@fritsch: I think someone tried it out after release (many pages back in this thread) and did not see any changes.

Thanks, that's what I had expected. Btw. on intel's drm mailing list huge things currently happen, including output configuration of YCBR in several qualities, influencable from userspace via drm. Curious what results we will get in terms of 4k compatibility.
(2017-04-09, 09:07)chrisk2305 Wrote: @DenisDA: Megachips Firmware and Asrock Bios are two different things.

Yes, it is two different firmwares. But!!! 1.20D from ASRock just changes operation of the Megachips converter - "To Modify vBIOS setting for HDMI display."
Therefore at the moment when there is fresher firmware of Megachips of version 1.66 which is laid out on Intel more interesting, the ASRock tool isn't urgent for Megachips.
ASRock has a firmware 1.20 differs from 1.20D only in absence of a firmware for Megachips.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9