• 89(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
What did she actually hear for this particular request?
(2017-04-17, 17:47)jingai Wrote: What did she actually hear for this particular request?

Alexa heard: "alexa ask kodi media to play the add on panda okie"

The intended addon was Pandoki, the Pandora replacement.
Well, that's the problem then. I have no idea why she heard "play the addon" if you said "run addon," but that will most definitely not invoke the right handler.

FWIW, I just tried opening 10 different addons here with an incantation like so:

"Alexa, tell Kodi to run {addon}"

This is a less-than-ideal phrase too, as it has very few syllables to match on. But it worked for all but one (an addon with a short name on its own). Replacing "run" with "execute" or "open" successfully opened that one as well.
finally get it working on my own webserver. works really good so far.
thank you guys...

one more benefit for me... I don't need to open Kodi fot outside cause skill is on my webserver so I can use my lokal IP in the .env
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2017-04-17, 18:25)bill_orange Wrote:
(2017-04-17, 17:47)jingai Wrote: What did she actually hear for this particular request?

What are you using as invocation name? I had issues with Alexa mishearing me when I used cody as invocation name as suggested in README. After setting kodi as invocation name I got Alexa hearing me as expected.
(2017-04-17, 22:16)sveni_lee Wrote: finally get it working on my own webserver. works really good so far.
thank you guys...

one more benefit for me... I don't need to open Kodi fot outside cause skill is on my webserver so I can use my lokal IP in the .env

It would be nice to have a tutorial for this.
(2017-04-17, 23:40)wellsecond Wrote: It would be nice to have a tutorial for this.

I followed this tread

you have to change the following parts:

Modify Personal KODI info:
Code:
sudo nano /var/www/html/kodi-alexa/.env

Verify DocumentRoot and add path to WSGIScriptAlias:
Code:
DocumentRoot /var/www/html
WSGIScriptAlias /kodi-alexa /var/www/html/kodi-alexa/alexa.wsgi

and the endpoint should be:
https://mein.server.com/kodi-alexa/
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2017-04-17, 23:28)wellsecond Wrote:
(2017-04-17, 18:25)bill_orange Wrote:

What are you using as invocation name? I had issues with Alexa mishearing me when I used cody as invocation name as suggested in README. After setting kodi as invocation name I got Alexa hearing me as expected.

I also had little success with using codi as the invocation name. Using codi did not cause any sort of execution error. Alexa was just unable to find a matching skill. I switched to 'kodi media' , lots of syllables so no ambiguity.
(2017-04-17, 18:32)jingai Wrote: Well, that's the problem then. I have no idea why she heard "play the addon" if you said "run addon," but that will most definitely not invoke the right handler.

FWIW, I just tried opening 10 different addons here with an incantation like so:

This is a less-than-ideal phrase too, as it has very few syllables to match on. But it worked for all but one (an addon with a short name on its own). Replacing "run" with "execute" or "open" successfully opened that one as well.

It seems odd that no matter if run or play was heard the utterance would result in "UnboundLocalError: local variable 'heard_artist' referenced before assignment"

I notice that addon was heard as 'add on'. Could the skill have been looking for an artist 'add' on the album 'pandoki'? That would explain the string heard_artist being involved but not why it crashed the skill with the unbound local variable error.
(2017-04-18, 16:04)bill_orange Wrote:
(2017-04-17, 18:32)jingai Wrote: Well, that's the problem then. I have no idea why she heard "play the addon" if you said "run addon," but that will most definitely not invoke the right handler.

It seems odd that no matter if run or play was heard the utterance would result in "UnboundLocalError: local variable 'heard_artist' referenced before assignment"

I notice that addon was heard as 'add on'. Could the skill have been looking for an artist 'add' on the album 'pandoki'? That would explain the string heard_artist being involved but not why it crashed the skill with the unbound local variable error.

No, the problem is that, as you told us, she heard "play the addon" which will not execute an addon. The verbs to open an addon are: open, execute, or run. Play is reserved solely for playing media, the type of which depending on how you ask.

If you find that she actually hears "run addon" and it's still executing the ListenToAlbumOrSong intent, then something else is wrong. But from what you've told us thus far, it sounds like you're using the wrong verb, or she's hearing it wrong. Both are problems we can't do anything about in the skill itself.
Testing yields a 502 error.....

So I did the instructions from m0ngr31's Github, did the zappa deploy dev, got the HTTPS: and pasted it into the alexa skill's configuration for the remote endpoint.

Next, my .env has the right hostname, port, user, and pass which I can open from a browser outside of my network.

But when I test the skill, the response I get is: There was an error calling the remote endpoint, which returned HTTP 502 : Bad Gateway

Anyone know where I should look to resolve this?
(2017-04-18, 23:08)bsollenb54 Wrote: Testing yields a 502 error.....

So I did the instructions from m0ngr31's Github, did the zappa deploy dev, got the HTTPS: and pasted it into the alexa skill's configuration for the remote endpoint.

Next, my .env has the right hostname, port, user, and pass which I can open from a browser outside of my network.

But when I test the skill, the response I get is: There was an error calling the remote endpoint, which returned HTTP 502 : Bad Gateway

Did you verify that when you copied the URL it didn't include any spaces before or after the URL?
(2017-04-18, 23:12)m0ngr31 Wrote:
(2017-04-18, 23:08)bsollenb54 Wrote: Testing yields a 502 error.....

Did you verify that when you copied the URL it didn't include any spaces before or after the URL?

Double-checked, no spaces. Any other ideas? Lol I'm soooo close now, I can smell it!
Also, if it helps, this is my .env file - not sure if that's the cause, but in case (changed the kodi address, port and keys for anonymity, but you get the idea):

# The Kodi webserver only supports HTTP.
# Uncomment KODI_SCHEME to tell the skill to use https between AWS/Heroku and your local network
# (only use if you have already set this up with your own certificates)
#
# KODI_SCHEME=https

# If using a reverse proxy you might need to add an extra bit to the url before "jsonrpc"
# You can do this with KODI_SUBPATH (don't use slashes before or after)
#
# KODI_SUBPATH=

KODI_ADDRESS=hostname.ddns.com
KODI_PORT=9999
KODI_USERNAME=kodi
KODI_PASSWORD=kodi

# Add this to enable verification of requests
# SKILL_APPID=

# Your local time zone for responses that include absolute times.
# See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz...time_zones
#
# For example, if you are in the Eastern US time zone, you would use:
# SKILL_TZ=US/Eastern
#
# Leave empty or undefined (commented out) if you don't need or want absolute
# time responses. An example is asking when the currently playing item will
# end. If you have SKILL_TZ defined, it will also tell you the wall-clock
# time when the item will conclude.
SKILL_TZ=US/Eastern

# If you are German speaker, put 'de' here. If not, leave blank.
# LANGUAGE=

# Uncomment the following if you'd like "Alexa, tell Kodi to shut down" to
# quit Kodi instead of shutting down the system.
# SHUTDOWN_MEANS_QUIT=1

LAMBDA_ENV_VARS = KODI_SCHEME,KODI_ADDRESS,KODI_PORT,KODI_SUBPATH,KODI_USERNAME,KODI_PASSWORD,SKIL​L_APPID,SKILL_TZ

AWS_DEFAULT_REGION=us-east-1
LAMBDA_TIMEOUT=60
LAMBDA_MEMORY_SIZE=128
LAMBDA_HANDLER=wsgi.lambda_handler

AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID=321321321321321
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY=123123123123123123123123123
LAMBDA_ROLE = arn:aws:iam::123456789012:role/kodi-alexa-mast-dev-ZappaLambdaExecutionRole
Run "zappa tail dev" and see if you have any logs there.
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15