• 5(current)
Mod JB-SimilarArtist in music visualization for MQ7
(2017-04-20, 20:22)Dave.B Wrote: 5. How can I change the rating display from stars to bars as shown in your pic.?

Settings/skin settings/stars -> style for the stars
(2017-04-21, 08:55)JohnyBee Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 20:22)Dave.B Wrote: 1. The main issue is that most of the rating comes from the internet (album rating) is on 1-5 scale while the display is 1-10 scale. It is very odd to see a song/album rated as 5 stars (while it should be 10) on a 10 stars scale while the user rating shows 10 stars from 10 stars scale (See pic below). I think a solution to this problem is to multiply the album rating from the internet by 2 before displaying it.
Hmmmm,
I know, I know, Wink I'm little confused with this, but I do not know how to solve this problem.
When I listen to songs (a lot of radio streams) I get an internet rating of over 5.
In the skin I can not perform mathematical operations.
I ask marcelveldt how he gets the evaluation from the internet (I use his script) and what is the scope of the assessment.

eg: album rating = 10 Tongue

I understand, hopefully there will be a way to make logical operations like: "if song rating is under 5 than multiply by 2, if not rating stays the same".

maybe consider change the user rating to a 5 scale ?
User rating rate is 0-10
Better solution asq wanilton to change variable in this content.
In mq6 I alredy include that rate.. ..and color from variable.

JB add in left thumb artist. Thumb when missing album thumb.
Banners change on same side when is present similar artist thumb on right.
It will be nice to include new thumb.. .thumbback, from helper script. This rotatation can be done with fade and slide animation.
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2017-04-21, 09:15)JohnyBee Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 20:22)Dave.B Wrote: 3. "album rating", "song: rating" and "song: my rating" titles appears only when the rating is zero (no rating). is it possible to put a faded title on top of the stars/bars?
I tried to put a faded title on top of the stars/bars - It did not look nice (too much data on the screen).

JB, Did you try something like this ? Still To Much Data ?

(2017-04-21, 09:12)JohnyBee Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 20:22)Dave.B Wrote: 2. To defer between song rating and user rating put each one of them in a different color (Not white).
I tried to use other colors to rating song and user rating song - It did not look nice.Sad

Thanks JB, but I meant these (see in yellow boxes):

(2017-04-21, 09:54)JohnyBee Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 20:22)Dave.B Wrote: 5. How can I change the rating display from stars to bars as shown in your pic.?

Thank you !
(2017-04-21, 13:54)Dave.B Wrote: I understand, hopefully there will be a way to make logical operations like: "if song rating is under 5 than multiply by 2, if not rating stays the same".

maybe consider change the user rating to a 5 scale ?
Hmmmmm,
Album rating and song rating from Internet under 5 can be on 1-10 or 1-5 scale.Huh
Multiplying the album rating from the internet by 2 before displaying it, will give a wrong result.Confused
I would have to get two values: 1 - album rating and 2 - album scale
I now have only 1 value.Sad
(2017-04-21, 14:38)Angelinas Wrote: User rating rate is 0-10
Thanks, I know Smile
(2017-04-21, 14:38)Angelinas Wrote: Better solution asq wanilton to change variable in this content.
In mq6 I alredy include that rate.. ..and color from variable.
Coloring rating in the next release
(2017-04-21, 14:38)Angelinas Wrote: JB add in left thumb artist. Thumb when missing album thumb.
I also noticed this.
Correction in the next version.
Thanks Smile
(2017-04-21, 15:08)Dave.B Wrote:
(2017-04-21, 09:15)JohnyBee Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 20:22)Dave.B Wrote: 3. "album rating", "song: rating" and "song: my rating" titles appears only when the rating is zero (no rating). is it possible to put a faded title on top of the stars/bars?
I tried to put a faded title on top of the stars/bars - It did not look nice (too much data on the screen).

JB, Did you try something like this ? Still To Much Data ?

I will reflect on this.
Hmmm...
Subtitles in other languages have different lengths.
I want to avoid scrolling through the text.Confused
(2017-04-21, 15:36)Dave.B Wrote:
(2017-04-21, 09:12)JohnyBee Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 20:22)Dave.B Wrote: 2. To defer between song rating and user rating put each one of them in a different color (Not white).
I tried to use other colors to rating song and user rating song - It did not look nice.Sad

Thanks JB, but I meant these (see in yellow boxes):
Coloring rating in the next release.WinkBig Grin
(2017-04-21, 15:37)Dave.B Wrote:
(2017-04-21, 09:54)JohnyBee Wrote:

Thank you !
You're welcome! Wink
@JohnyBee,
Any idea why while on radio stream the fanarts work only when the background is set to "slideshow" (like in the screenshot below):

When background is changed to "artist fanart" (like in the Pic.) The fanart disappear ?

I wouldn't mind staying on "slideshow" but this doesn't allow multiple artists fanarts and logo change between the multiple artists. In the pic below you see a song with 3 different artists and the only way I manage to get fanarts and logos of all 3 of them was to set the background to "artist fanart".

Can you fix the background on radio streams so it can work also on "artist fanart" ?

Thanks
(2017-04-22, 00:08)Dave.B Wrote: @JohnyBee,
Any idea why while on radio stream the fanarts work only when the background is set to "slideshow" (like in the screenshot below):
Slideshow (script Artist Slideshow - AS) gets fanart from Internet (or from your own cache or/and local folder artist/extrafanart).
For this to be good enough, AS must properly recognize artists in the song name (radio stream).
He does not always succeed.
(2017-04-22, 00:08)Dave.B Wrote: When background is changed to "artist fanart" (like in the Pic.) The fanart disappear ?
"artist fanart" gets fanart only from local folder artist/extrafanart
You need to have a path set to a music folder (top menu, music library)
(2017-04-22, 00:08)Dave.B Wrote: I wouldn't mind staying on "slideshow" but this doesn't allow multiple artists fanarts and logo change between the multiple artists. In the pic below you see a song with 3 different artists and the only way I manage to get fanarts and logos of all 3 of them was to set the background to "artist fanart".
For this to be good enough, AS must properly recognize artists in the song name (radio stream).
He does not always succeed.
(2017-04-22, 00:08)Dave.B Wrote: Can you fix the background on radio streams so it can work also on "artist fanart" ?
Unfortunately it would only work for the artists you have on your disc.

ps.
1. Unfortunately for the radio stream we will not always have all the fanarts for all the artists.Confused
2. I also use Skin Helper Serviceto show fanarts.
It works fine, but you need additional modifications to the Musicvisualisation.xml file to make it work for you
JB Smile
Hi Big Grin
The new versions in the first post.
(2017-05-30, 09:53)JohnyBee Wrote: Hi Big Grin
The new versions in the first post.

@JohnyBee the screenshots look stunning. Thank you for the all the beautiful additions.
Can't find the link for download. The latest link is ver. 5.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JB-SimilarArtist in music visualization for MQ72