• 312(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
new version of madvr si out.
Now support send metadata HDR to the display.
This version of DSPlayer support it?
Because don't work. My display does not switch automatically into HDR mode.
My HW is CPU KabyLake and nVidia GTX10170. TV Samsung KS8000

Thanks a lot
(2017-04-24, 22:26)cyber201 Wrote: new version of madvr si out.
Now support send metadata HDR to the display.
This version of DSPlayer support it?
Because don't work. My display does not switch automatically into HDR mode.
My HW is CPU KabyLake and nVidia GTX10170. TV Samsung KS8000

Thanks a lot

Not working here either. It's not a dsplayer issue, so I'd wait for a response to your post on the doom9 forum.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
iirc madvr in DSPlayer doesn't do presentation, Kodi does all presentation and it doesn't support HDM metadata pass-through.
(2017-04-25, 09:44)afedchin Wrote: iirc madvr in DSPlayer doesn't do presentation, Kodi does all presentation and it doesn't support HDM metadata pass-through.

not sure I follow you - if using full screen exclusive mode, how is madvr not completely in control of the screen and api's?

Anyways, checked with mpc-hc and same result.

BTW, using the sdk here https://developer.nvidia.com/high-dynami...evelopment switches the display to HDR mode no problem.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Unless something has changed recently, DSPlayer lets madVR do the presentation.
(2017-04-24, 19:58)ashlar Wrote:
(2017-04-24, 15:58)Cynwrig Wrote: I still haven't found a solution for dsplayer choosing a subtitle. Instead dsplayer choose standard no subtitles even when dsplayer know there are other subtitles... every episode I watch I have to manually choose a subtitle...
If I'm not mistaken that's something you configure in LAV Splitter.

I googled everything I already configured LAV Splitter to eng. Displaying only forced subtitle is not marked. It did work with mpc-hc so why not with dsplayer.
Wink 
This XySubFilter maybe?
(2017-04-25, 10:00)oldpainless Wrote:
(2017-04-25, 09:44)afedchin Wrote: iirc madvr in DSPlayer doesn't do presentation, Kodi does all presentation and it doesn't support HDM metadata pass-through.

not sure I follow you - if using full screen exclusive mode, how is madvr not completely in control of the screen and api's?

BTW, using the sdk here https://developer.nvidia.com/high-dynami...evelopment switches the display to HDR mode no problem.

K
FWIW PotPlayer + madVR switches display to HDR using the Nvidia API.

Would be nice if we could figure out how to make DSPlayer Kodi do it. All this new HDR goodness makes me want/need to upgrade my GTX970 >_<.
(2017-04-25, 15:31)fullsun Wrote: This XySubFilter maybe?

Do I have to disable it?
(2017-04-25, 20:24)only1hammy Wrote:
(2017-04-25, 10:00)oldpainless Wrote:

K

Would be nice if we could figure out how to make DSPlayer Kodi do it. All this new HDR goodness makes me want/need to upgrade my GTX970 >_<.

Interesting, will look into it.

Out of interest, what Os are you on?

Cheers.

K
(2017-04-25, 22:21)oldpainless Wrote:
(2017-04-25, 20:24)only1hammy Wrote:
(2017-04-25, 10:00)oldpainless Wrote: not sure I follow you - if using full screen exclusive mode, how is madvr not completely in control of the screen and api's?

K

Interesting, will look into it.

Out of interest, what Os are you on?

Cheers.

K
Windows 8.1.
@only1hammy
I have try PotPlayer, MPC-HC and Kodi DSPlayer with the same results. My tv do not recognize the HDR metadata and don't switch into HDR mode.
Windows 10 Creators Update + GTX 1070.
(2017-04-26, 00:20)cyber201 Wrote: @only1hammy
I have try PotPlayer, MPC-HC and Kodi DSPlayer with the same results. My tv do not recognize the HDR metadata and don't switch into HDR mode.
Windows 10 Creators Update + GTX 1070.
Not sure what to say. I really know very little about HDR and the like. PotPlayer worked first time for me when testing the new madVR version, and DSPlayer didn't.

Windows 8.1
PotPlayer 32-bit 1.6.63856
madVR v0.91.9 with HDR 'passthrough content' and 'send metadata via Nvidia API' enabled
LAV Video 0.68.1 (note DSPlayer uses its own version)
Philips 65PUS7601 HDR TV

Don't know why it works with PP, but it does. GTX970 can't keep up though due to the lack of proper hardware decoding for h.265.

EDIT: I recently upgraded my in-law's laptop to Windows 7. It was previously running Windows 10. Tongue
Dsplayer is passing HDR metadata over for me.. I had to turn off the exclusive mode option within Kodi for it to work though.. Before I did that, my tv was only switching to HDR mode while I had the madvr tray settings visible on the screen... Which I didn't understand..
Windows 8.1.
[/quote]

Ok, not working here, so not sure why (win 8.1 GTX 980ti using the nvidia api method D3D11, full screen exclusive mode etc). I have also updated the internal dsplayer lav filters to the latest LAVFilters-0.69.0-43.

I looks like madvr is sending the metadata, but not triggering the display into HDR mode. The Nvidia HDR SDK triggers the TV into HDR mode no problem, as does games like Shadow warrior 2.

K
  • 312(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47