• 98(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Interestingly enough, Google removed VPN option in Nougat beta fw
(2017-04-28, 11:53)Ultraschorsch Wrote: Do you guys have a recommendation for a VPN service?
PIA
(2017-04-28, 11:53)Ultraschorsch Wrote: Do you guys have a recommendation for a VPN service?
vyprvpn

Sent from my XT1585
(2017-04-28, 14:55)banesi Wrote: Interestingly enough, Google removed VPN option in Nougat beta fw

Has this ever worked ? It just crashes the settings app on my device.

Surely Google aren't making the firmware for this.
(2017-04-29, 04:53)feathers Wrote:
(2017-04-28, 14:55)banesi Wrote: Interestingly enough, Google removed VPN option in Nougat beta fw

Has this ever worked ? It just crashes the settings app on my device.

Surely Google aren't making the firmware for this.
same with me, so instead of fixing it they just removed that option :/
I am on the official Marshmallow build. Can you please tell me where to find that VPN part? I assume somewhere in the network settings but all I found there was a proxy setting.
Can somebody recommend a cheap bluetooth mouse that works with the box?

I cannot get my old Logitech v470 to pair with the Mi Box (the box finds the mouse but pairing fails).
(2017-05-02, 12:00)Senseohasser Wrote: Can somebody recommend a cheap bluetooth mouse that works with the box?

I cannot get my old Logitech v470 to pair with the Mi Box (the box finds the mouse but pairing fails).

I use this air mouse with keyboard, you do need a extra USB port for the USB receiver though..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TK668-Wi...94983adb3e
with android 7, mibox 3 can't play youtube live stream, any solution?

Edit: never mind, reboot fixed this issue.
(2017-04-29, 02:53)kdnoel Wrote:
vyprvpn

Sent from my XT1585 (typie typie)

Thanks for your recommendation. VyprVPN works really well.
Hello!

Im having problems using mouse/air mouse with Mibox 4k(android 6).The problem is mainly the virtual keyboard with internet browser and using it with mouse cursor.Can it be done?
I have a mini A2 air mouse but cant use it since it disables audio. I have a Mele f10 and just a basic wireless mouse too.Ive tried with firefox beta,chrome beta,opera for android tv(it has a mousecursor for Mibox dpad).Anyways, none of these devices can activate virtual keyboard buttons in the browser when I try to click them with the mouse cursor.

I have seen a youtube vid with nvidia shield where this was clearly working with chrome and mouse.I really like the Mibox but Id like to use the browser as I did with my older basic android box(minix x8).I can Manage typing with mele dpad + using cursor but I have two of these devices and the other one only has a wireless mouse attached.Irritating as hell.what Am I not getting here? Smile
Hi!
Does anyone know a h264 to h265 encoder software for this box? I mean quickly with the hw encoder of this box. Eiither andoid or linux.
Thanks
(2017-05-04, 21:42)Groz Wrote: Hello!

Im having problems using mouse/air mouse with Mibox 4k(android 6).The problem is mainly the virtual keyboard with internet browser and using it with mouse cursor.Can it be done?
I have a mini A2 air mouse but cant use it since it disables audio. I have a Mele f10 and just a basic wireless mouse too.Ive tried with firefox beta,chrome beta,opera for android tv(it has a mousecursor for Mibox dpad).Anyways, none of these devices can activate virtual keyboard buttons in the browser when I try to click them with the mouse cursor.

I have seen a youtube vid with nvidia shield where this was clearly working with chrome and mouse.I really like the Mibox but Id like to use the browser as I did with my older basic android box(minix x8).I can Manage typing with mele dpad + using cursor but I have two of these devices and the other one only has a wireless mouse attached.Irritating as hell.what Am I not getting here? Smile

Just tested with a Wireless USB WeTek Core Air Mouse:
The virtual keyboard pops up but I cannot tap using the Air mouse cursor.

I can use the MINIX A2 Lite Air Mouse Mini Keyboard to directly type into any Android Application without the annoying Virtual Keyboard popping up.
Works well when I tested it with Opera.

BTW if using Android Nougat:
Go into Android settings > About icon > tab Build 7 times until Developer options pops up.
There is a option in Developer > Media > Disable USB Audio routing

thanks you for your response and testing!

I`m still on Marshmallow and ill just wait for the official Nougat since the browser stuff is really the only stuff bothering me.I can even get KODI to recognize

my ext HD which was a problem early on.

I gave up on both the MINIX a2 and Mele f10 deluxe.Same goes for the single usb mouse.Maybe if the OK button worked with virtual keyboard.but it does not...It just is too much of a hassle to turn over the remote and start typing especially if its dark...

For light browsing Puffin TV is really onto something.To me the light browsing means going trough the daily routine of newssites etc. I follow.It seems to focus on getting videos play well too.I have LG 50" 4k tv and Puffin scales the image to look crisp and reading is easy from 3m out.It took a couple of hours to get used to this and allso It required transferring my most used bookmarks.combined with the voice search this app is a must have I`d say.before ,I was certain I needed an airmouse for Mibox-now Im thinking maybe not.And with spmc voice support the stock remote really seems the way to go for me.

Puffin TV browser still needs work, especially in the categorizing your bookmarks section.There are allso a lot of bookmarks I would delete if I had the option but better organizing options of your bookmarks would be satisfactory.Maybe the solution could be opening up those bookmark categories for user input too...people like to make up their own mind what they consider news for example.!forcing stuff on you is just...annoying..people like to organize their stuff too.they go together I would say...

the browser needs to keep light and simple.stuff works,some refining needed

now I need that final Nougat OTA.where is iiiit Smile

Groz
(2017-05-06, 13:54)Groz Wrote: thanks you for your response and testing!

I`m still on Marshmallow and ill just wait for the official Nougat since the browser stuff is really the only stuff bothering me.I can even get KODI to recognize

my ext HD which was a problem early on.

I gave up on both the MINIX a2 and Mele f10 deluxe.Same goes for the single usb mouse.Maybe if the OK button worked with virtual keyboard.but it does not...It just is too much of a hassle to turn over the remote and start typing especially if its dark...

For light browsing Puffin TV is really onto something.To me the light browsing means going trough the daily routine of newssites etc. I follow.It seems to focus on getting videos play well too.I have LG 50" 4k tv and Puffin scales the image to look crisp and reading is easy from 3m out.It took a couple of hours to get used to this and allso It required transferring my most used bookmarks.combined with the voice search this app is a must have I`d say.before ,I was certain I needed an airmouse for Mibox-now Im thinking maybe not.And with spmc voice support the stock remote really seems the way to go for me.

Puffin TV browser still needs work, especially in the categorizing your bookmarks section.There are allso a lot of bookmarks I would delete if I had the option but better organizing options of your bookmarks would be satisfactory.Maybe the solution could be opening up those bookmark categories for user input too...people like to make up their own mind what they consider news for example.!forcing stuff on you is just...annoying..people like to organize their stuff too.they go together I would say...

the browser needs to keep light and simple.stuff works,some refining needed

now I need that final Nougat OTA.where is iiiit Smile

Groz
After conversation to SPMC I have found the supplied remote to be my favorite.
I keep a Logitech k400 around for initial​setup of the mi Box.
Overall very happy!
Thanks for the tip on the browser!

Sent from my XT1585
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21