• 61(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-05-02, 12:00)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Also, I recommend that you setup MAME instead of FB...

OK, but why ?
For CPS-3 games, MAME isn't perfect... Perhaps CPS3emulator v1.0 ?
I'm trying to setup CPS3emulator v1.0a but I have problem to determine the argument. The emulator launches well but it does not launch the ROM with "%rom%" argument.
Can you help me please ?

Thx
(2017-05-03, 13:08)myghalloween Wrote:
(2017-05-02, 12:00)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Also, I recommend that you setup MAME instead of FB...

OK, but why ?

MAME is very media center friendly: it has a 10-feet interface which is convenient. Also, you spend some time configuring MAME for Capcom games... and you have access to other 40,000 games in case you change your mind and want to play something else. Main problem with MAME is the lack of support for Sega Model boards, though.

I've only played one of the CPS3 Street Fighter and seems to work OK.
(2017-05-03, 01:51)dmakk Wrote: Hi Wintermute, regarding the parent-clone view, am I missing how you can hide missing roms when viewing clones, even when they're parent roms? I'm using AEL as a PC game launcher, and I greatly prefer that view for games series as opposed to collections since it feels more like movie sets.

Currently it's not possible. I can add a setting valid only in Parent/Clone view like "Display ROMs" with values

Code:
"All ROMs"
"Have ROMs"
"Have / Unknown ROMs"
"Have / Missing ROMs"
"Missing ROMs"
"Missing / Unknown ROMs".

"Unknown ROMs" only have no sense since all Unknown ROMs are grouped already. What do you think? Any other suggestion?
(2017-05-05, 17:05)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-05-03, 13:08)myghalloween Wrote:

OK, but why ?

MAME is very media center friendly: it has a 10-feet interface which is convenient. Also, you spend some time configuring MAME for Capcom games... and you have access to other 40,000 games in case you change your mind and want to play something else. Main problem with MAME is the lack of support for Sega Model boards, though.

I've only played one of the CPS3 Street Fighter and seems to work OK.

I'm agree for MAME, but some of CPS3 games are unperfect (video) and Warzard don't work, so CPS3emulator could be the solution ! Do you know the launcher argument ?
For my purposes, what you suggest is perfect. I think most would want "Have / Unknown ROMs" more than "Missing / Unknown ROMs". I've also noticed a couple of other issues. regarding the Parent Clone view. The "remove dead/missing roms" option doesn't properly work with that view. I've only tested removing parent roms, and this causes an error when viewing those rom sets or trying to audit the list again with a DAT file. They have to be added back to fix the error. I also can't get Parent artwork to show in the main list. It appears when I click on the rom set, or when I view the parents through Normal View.

watch gallery
(2017-05-05, 23:01)dmakk Wrote: For my purposes, what you suggest is perfect. I think most would want "Have / Unknown ROMs" more than "Missing / Unknown ROMs".

OK. Will try to fix all the issues with the Parent/Clone view mode, which is the currently the most experimental feature in AEL, and release a new version next week.

(2017-05-05, 23:01)dmakk Wrote: I've also noticed a couple of other issues. regarding the Parent Clone view. The "remove dead/missing roms" option doesn't properly work with that view. I've only tested removing parent roms, and this causes an error when viewing those rom sets or trying to audit the list again with a DAT file. They have to be added back to fix the error.

At the moment, if you remove dead/missing ROMs the view is automatically set to Normal. If you switch to Parent/Clone view missing ROMs are added automatically. New code is necessary to implement the "Have / Unknown ROMs" filter in the Parent/Clone view mode.

(2017-05-05, 23:01)dmakk Wrote: I also can't get Parent artwork to show in the main list. It appears when I click on the rom set, or when I view the parents through Normal View.

OK, will have a look at this issue.

Out of curiosity... do you create a custom DAT file for your games to use the Parent/Clone view feature of AEL?
(2017-05-05, 19:47)myghalloween Wrote: I'm agree for MAME, but some of CPS3 games are unperfect (video) and Warzard don't work, so CPS3emulator could be the solution ! Do you know the launcher argument ?

I don't know the arguments, sorry.
Hi,

Been struggling for jours to get it to work without much success.
I'm on kodi 17.1, addon installs ok but crashes at lauch: Error Advanced Emulator Launcher

Here is the log file :

Quote:14:39:45.056 T:4608 ERROR: AEL ERROR: SingleInstance::__exit__() Unhandled excepcion in protected code
14:39:45.060 T:4608 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: Main instance has no attribute 'launchers'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\seb\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\addon.py", line 42, in <module>
plugin.run_plugin()
File "C:\Users\seb\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 248, in run_plugin
with SingleInstance(): self.run_protected(args)
File "C:\Users\seb\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 262, in run_protected
fs_write_catfile(CATEGORIES_FILE_PATH, self.categories, self.launchers)
AttributeError: Main instance has no attribute 'launchers'
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:51:26.776 T:8144 ERROR: AEL ERROR: SingleInstance::__exit__() Unhandled excepcion in protected code

Can anyone help ?

Thanks!
(2017-05-07, 13:10)arshlan Wrote: Hi,

Been struggling for jours to get it to work without much success.
I'm on kodi 17.1, addon installs ok but crashes at lauch: Error Advanced Emulator Launcher

Here is the log file :

Quote:14:39:45.056 T:4608 ERROR: AEL ERROR: SingleInstance::__exit__() Unhandled excepcion in protected code
14:39:45.060 T:4608 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: Main instance has no attribute 'launchers'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\seb\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\addon.py", line 42, in <module>
plugin.run_plugin()
File "C:\Users\seb\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 248, in run_plugin
with SingleInstance(): self.run_protected(args)
File "C:\Users\seb\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\main.py", line 262, in run_protected
fs_write_catfile(CATEGORIES_FILE_PATH, self.categories, self.launchers)
AttributeError: Main instance has no attribute 'launchers'
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:51:26.776 T:8144 ERROR: AEL ERROR: SingleInstance::__exit__() Unhandled excepcion in protected code

Can anyone help ?

Thanks!

Please use 0.9.6-beta1 and not the development version from Github.
(2017-05-07, 12:54)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-05-05, 23:01)dmakk Wrote: For my purposes, what you suggest is perfect. I think most would want "Have / Unknown ROMs" more than "Missing / Unknown ROMs".

OK. Will try to fix all the issues with the Parent/Clone view mode, which is the currently the most experimental feature in AEL, and release a new version next week.

(2017-05-05, 23:01)dmakk Wrote: I've also noticed a couple of other issues. regarding the Parent Clone view. The "remove dead/missing roms" option doesn't properly work with that view. I've only tested removing parent roms, and this causes an error when viewing those rom sets or trying to audit the list again with a DAT file. They have to be added back to fix the error.

At the moment, if you remove dead/missing ROMs the view is automatically set to Normal. If you switch to Parent/Clone view missing ROMs are added automatically. New code is necessary to implement the "Have / Unknown ROMs" filter in the Parent/Clone view mode.

(2017-05-05, 23:01)dmakk Wrote: I also can't get Parent artwork to show in the main list. It appears when I click on the rom set, or when I view the parents through Normal View.

OK, will have a look at this issue.

Out of curiosity... do you create a custom DAT file for your games to use the Parent/Clone view feature of AEL?

I appreciate your work on this. Yes, I create a custom DAT for my PC game collection. I wanted to test the view as a better alternative to collections for games series. I used ClrMamePro to make a DAT file from a directory and got it working after some trial and error. The view works like movie sets, which is what I wanted.
Hi Wintermute,

I've found a command line that work for the CPS3emulator v1.0a. I have creat an exe file I launch with AEL for each CPS3 games like for Warzard :
run "c:\CPS3emulator\emulator.exe" warzard

It is necessary to leave the romname without extension ! And also no argument in the AEL ROM advanced modification for work !

I would like to creat that directly in AEL without needed exe for all CPS3 games (6 ^^), but I don't know how to indicate the good argument for the romname only, wihtout extension.

Can you help me please ?
I'm trying to figure out the best way to setup emulators. I was wondering If I can use this addon as sort of a front end? Then steam big picture with ice as a back end for launching and streaming roms over my network or away from home? I don't like the look of steam big picture.
(2017-05-10, 13:01)myghalloween Wrote: Hi Wintermute,

I've found a command line that work for the CPS3emulator v1.0a. I have creat an exe file I launch with AEL for each CPS3 games like for Warzard :
run "c:\CPS3emulator\emulator.exe" warzard

It is necessary to leave the romname without extension ! And also no argument in the AEL ROM advanced modification for work !

I would like to creat that directly in AEL without needed exe for all CPS3 games (6 ^^), but I don't know how to indicate the good argument for the romname only, wihtout extension.

Can you help me please ?

You have an up-to-date list of argument keywords here. For this launcher you will need:

Code:
run "c:\CPS3emulator\emulator.exe" $rombasenoext$

run is the EXE you have created? Isn't it simpler to launch c:\CPS3emulator\emulator.exe straight away? I mean, why do you need an additional executable to launch the CPS3 emulator?
(2017-05-10, 21:04)Enlightened Wrote: I'm trying to figure out the best way to setup emulators. I was wondering If I can use this addon as sort of a front end? Then steam big picture with ice as a back end for launching and streaming roms over my network or away from home? I don't like the look of steam big picture.

I've never used Steam nor Ice but for what I can see in Ice docs, AEL does exactly the same. Compared with Ice, AEL has much more features.

One important thing is that you cannot stream ROMs. The ROMs must be in a local filesystem in the machine you have installed Kodi and the emulators. Otherwise, the emulators will not undesrtand an URL like "smb://my.server/ROMs/snes/Super Mario World (Europe).zip" and will fail to launch.

This will change with Kodi Leia which has Retroplayer integrated, though. In theory, Kodi Leia will be able to play ROMs located in any network location Kodi understands. However, for launched/external emulators the ROMs must be in a local filesystem unless the emulator supports ROMs in remote filesystems (to the best of my knowledge none of the most typical emus support ROMs in remote filesystems).
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12