• 109(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
(2017-07-12, 23:59)zrikz Wrote: service simulator currently., will try the real thing as soon as I get home in about 15 minutes

It's working beautifully, thank you very much.
@m0ngr31
Have you submitted this to get published on Amazon? Looks like a ton of work to setup, I think a lot more people would use if it was easier to setup.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I just finished setting this all up and I followed the directions very carefully so I'm pretty sure I did it all correctly but Echo only says "there was a problem with the requested skills response" and when I test a command in the Service Simulator I get "There was an error calling the remote endpoint, which returned HTTP 500 : Internal Server Error". Am I understanding correctly that there's an issue on Amazon's end that should hopefully be fixed soon or is there something wrong with my setup?

Edit: Nevermind. I was using the Howtogeek.com guide and noticed that it's missing the "pip install packaging" step. It's working now!
I just finished going through this awesome guide but keep getting the following error when Asking Alexa to do anything in the living room:
"There was a problem with the requested skill's response"

It also fails when trying to do it with the service simulator with the following:
"There was an error calling the remote endpoint, which returned HTTP 500 : Internal Server Error"

Please help. Thanks in advance.
@mngsparks, Which 'awesome guide?' You should be using the official documentation.

And again, the service simulator is currently non-functional.
The one form howtogeek.com
(2017-07-13, 03:44)Yousty Wrote: Edit: Nevermind. I was using the Howtogeek.com guide and noticed that it's missing the "pip install packaging" step. It's working now!

I've been working on this for a day playing with flask-ask, but it turns out this missing step was my real problem. Thanks Yousty!
Yeah. I saw that. I did that and also installed flask-ask 0.9.3. Still same error though. Was hoping that was the fix.
People, please use the official documentation to set up this skill. We cannot guarantee that third-party guides are up-to-date, and things change frequently.
So Do i need to do everything all over? Do I have to uninstall anything first?
Just follow the README on github to the tee and it will work. The only caveat at the moment is that Flask-Ask 0.9.5 isn't working right, so you can either wait for the next version of it, or do the following in your virtualenv:

Code:
pip install flask-ask==0.9.4

after the step where you:

Code:
pip install -r requirements.txt

Further, Amazon's service simulator is currently sending invalid JSON (which is the cause of the troubles with Flask-Ask at the moment), so make sure you test with a real Echo device.
(2017-07-13, 05:34)mngsparks Wrote: So Do i need to do everything all over? Do I have to uninstall anything first?
Since I'm a newb with Python, the easiest thing I found to do was to just re-run all the commands (Steps 3 and 4 of the howtogeek guide) making sure to add the "pip install packaging" command that was missing and then for the final step instead of "zappa deploy dev" I used "zappa update dev" because the deploy command gives you an error since the dev is already deployed.
I contacted Howtogeek and they have now updated their guide to include the missing "pip install packaging" step. Hopefully that will help alleviate the number of people coming here asking you for help, jingai.

If I may suggest one edit to the official repo README, it isn't clear that you have to be in the python27\scripts directory when you start performing the commands in command prompt. So maybe add an instruction telling people to cd to their python27\scripts directory?
Hello all, First off let me say a big thank you to the user who made this.. I'm so new to this modifying kodi to this extreme. I have 17.1 was on 17.3 but was having issues with it connecting to the internet. I am now trying to get my dot to work with kodi. I had followed two different tutorials,

most recent one I followed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KSlz_lT1k4

first one I followed, https://www.howtogeek.com/249336/how-to-...azon-echo/

I made a Dynamic DNS with noip.com and used the amazon route vs hero on the first attempt guide,

anyways, what do I need to give you guys as far as info to help me out. I gave the command name kodi like he does in the video, I tried longer names but still have the same result. I get her error message about a problem with the requested skills response.

Thanks
Curtis
(2017-07-13, 16:13)Yousty Wrote: I contacted Howtogeek and they have now updated their guide to include the missing "pip install packaging" step. Hopefully that will help alleviate the number of people coming here asking you for help, jingai.

The problem is not just this time, but every time we make a change to the documentation. People should refer first (or at least, definitively) to our documentation.

(2017-07-13, 16:13)Yousty Wrote: If I may suggest one edit to the official repo README, it isn't clear that you have to be in the python27\scripts directory when you start performing the commands in command prompt. So maybe add an instruction telling people to cd to their python27\scripts directory?

You don't need to do that though. You need to be in the directory where you cloned the git repo.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15