• 30(current)
Broken USTVnow [Official Plugin]
I tried this on Kodi 17.3 on Fire TV and get the error message your account has been disabled. However on the USTVnow website it says my account is active and I can watch from their website, just not via Kodi.

I did enter my credentials for USTVnow into your plugin and saved them.

--Charley
(2017-07-21, 02:36)charleyrich Wrote: I tried this on Kodi 17.3 on Fire TV and get the error message your account has been disabled. However on the USTVnow website it says my account is active and I can watch from their website, just not via Kodi.

I did enter my credentials for USTVnow into your plugin and saved them.

--Charley
That happened to me too. Try closing out your account with USTV Now and recreating it, then try again. All I can say is it worked for me.

My new phone is a LGLS755
Your suggestion worked. Thanks!

--Charley
Can you please fix your USTVNow Add-on so it will connect and stream account subscription? Your app keeps showing error message account disabled but it is not disabled, just the app is not working.
(2017-07-23, 22:39)DavidO88888 Wrote: Can you please fix your USTVNow Add-on so it will connect and stream account subscription? Your app keeps showing error message account disabled but it is not disabled, just the app is not working.
1. You could include a log to rule out plug-in vs. account problems. Please remember to enable debugging in both Kodi and the plug-in.

2. We're you using a USTVnow plug-in from a 3rd party repo prior to this one? Does the account also encounter issues with that plug-in? If the answer is a double YES! You can find a remedy in this topic, however I can only address issues related to this plugin and not the ustvnow service, nor errors encountered due to other plugins.

3. I was given limited resources by USTVnow in the develop this plugin, you could contact them and let them know to contact me.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
It works OK for me, good picture.

You may just need to delete your account at USTVnow and open new account ,you can use same Email and password.

Then do not enter password in configure, just open addon and it will prompt you to
sign in.

This always works for me anyway.
(2017-07-24, 01:13)rocko Wrote: It works OK for me, good picture.

You may just need to delete your account at USTVnow and open new account ,you can use same Email and password.

Then do not enter password in configure, just open addon and it will prompt you to
sign in.

This always works for me anyway.
When you say it works "ok" was there anything in particular that needed improvement?

Sent from my SM-G935T
No works great, however I haven't been logged in for several days and my account said account disabled.

I had to delete my account as I mentioned above and sign up again and it now works again.

It never stopped working on Windows but I wasn't in Kodi.
(2017-07-26, 16:36)rocko Wrote: No works great, however I haven't been logged in for several days and my account said account disabled.

I had to delete my account as I mentioned above and sign up again and it now works again.

It never stopped working on Windows but I wasn't in Kodi.

It could have been a false error, You'll know if the error is correct if you are unable to play streams...

BTW Accounts should not become disabled while solely using this plugin. If you have other ustvnow plugins installed I recommend uninstalling them, that is most likely causing your issues.
I just wanted to mention again that closed captions are working in the updated addon and how pleased I am about that.

Currently I have to enable it each time I try to watch something, is there a setting to use that I can make the addon default to always enabling closed captions? I have it set always on for everything else so I'm wondering if I need to specifically enable something for the addon itself?

Regardless, I wanted to thank you for the excellent addon!

(2017-07-29, 00:59)bornagainpengui Wrote: I just wanted to mention again that closed captions are working in the updated addon and how pleased I am about that.

Currently I have to enable it each time I try to watch something, is there a setting to use that I can make the addon default to always enabling closed captions? I have it set always on for everything else so I'm wondering if I need to specifically enable something for the addon itself?

Regardless, I wanted to thank you for the excellent addon!

THX, while playing media, open player setting "M" go to audio, enable subtitles and set default.

Sent from my SM-G935T
A number of posts have been removed for the following reasons

1. Breach of paragraph 2.1 of the Forum Rules- Disrespect
2. Breach of paragraph 2.5 of the Forum Rules- Discussions of Banned Add-ons.

Please respect the forum rules.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
To be more productive, my previous (and self-deleted message) was to expose the problem of "Disabled account" that you can read i the last pages and seems that it's accepted as normal behaviour (the necessity of create a new account).

So I'm looking what USTVnow addon vs "the other" is doing and I can see that:

USTVNow: http://i.imgur.com/1Um2TUP.png

The Other: http://i.imgur.com/3Whd2Pv.png

So we can see that both addons are doing almost the same, but the official use POST requests vs "The Other" that use GET. The problem is that the official addon receives a 403 message while "The Other" not (and it continues working).

Looking other parameters, the official addon fakes the User-Agent with:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0\r\n

While "The Other" uses:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0\r\n

It's more, "The Other" only sends 4 fields in all requests (including the last, that the official receives the 403):

Code:
Accept-Encoding: identity\r\n
Host: m-api.ustvnow.com\r\n
Connection: close\r\n
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0\r\n

While the official sends lots of headers, including cookies.

I hope this will be more productive to check and fix, or explain why don't fix the "Disabled account" behaviour.
(2017-07-30, 17:05)Julipo Wrote: I hope this will be more productive to check and fix, or explain why don't fix the "Disabled account" behaviour.

Thanks for taking the time..

Maybe you are unaware that the code your are referencing from "Other" plugins was largely written by t0mm0 and l. The additions added by the new "TVA Developer" were superficial additions and unorthodox tweaks.

I believe the heart of the problem is passkey authentication. Are you saying you have an account that works with one plugin and not the other? If YES, I'd like you to send me logs, if possible PM me so that I can debug the issue.

The problem that I've observed is related to accounts not generating passkeys authentication resulting in 403...

Personally I have not seen an accounts that works with one and not the other... unfortunately users affected have found a remedy by deleting their accounts and/or using a new account... which results in proper passkey retrieval.

I strongly believe these events are isolated to users that were using accounts with "other" plugins.

Please respect that this is new development unrelated to any "Other" plugin which I know all too well since 85% of that code was either written by me or t0mm0.

Any further posts concerning "Other" plugins will only result in alienating my activity in this thread which is counterproductive... I'm more then happy to discuss THIS PLUGIN and any issues, fixes, features users would like to discuss.

Thanks

BTW some of your findings were written slightly bias, for example both plugins "fake" agents, both use cookies and both plugins use the same about of headers.. again I should know Wink

If you indeed have an account that functions in one and not the other, I look forward to chatting with you.
I believe to be fair the last two posts should also be deleted or modified to remove the references to the "Other" addon.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USTVnow [Official Plugin]5