• 117(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2017-07-24, 07:06)darko10 Wrote: Firmware 1.4.8 available as an OTA update anyone on this yet.

What in the world? They release a beta firmware as OTA? This firmware will set the dynamic range of the output based on the TV's EDID. There is no option to override that. If your TV declares support for YCbCr full range, you will end up getting messed up grayscale. According to current standards, full range YCbCr is supposedly meant for digital camera color spaces (sYCC601, AdobeYCC601) and xvYCC.
They added it as OTA and not as a direct download? What in the world²
(2017-07-24, 07:36)wesk05 Wrote:
(2017-07-24, 07:06)darko10 Wrote: Firmware 1.4.8 available as an OTA update anyone on this yet.

What in the world? They release a beta firmware as OTA? This firmware will set the dynamic range of the output based on the TV's EDID. There is no option to override that. If your TV declares support for YCbCr full range, you will end up getting messed up grayscale. According to current standards, full range YCbCr is supposedly meant for digital camera color spaces (sYCC601, AdobeYCC601) and xvYCC.

There are huge fix lists on this firmware. They probably changed their mind fixing other things after being bash. You might want to try this (again).
(2017-07-24, 12:32)tsainont Wrote:
(2017-07-24, 07:36)wesk05 Wrote:

There are huge fix lists on this firmware. They probably changed their mind fixing other things after being bash. You might want to try this (again).
You have the same fixes in firmware 1.4.6 (not available as OTA update, you must update by hand). Firmware 1.4.8 is still experimental and shouldn't have been released yet. We currently are arguing the color issue in Zidoo forums.

Update: Zidoo have removed this update from OTA service. It seems they have regretted to release it to public and I think is the right decision until the color issue is fixed.
(2017-07-24, 13:20)boblo Wrote: Update: Zidoo have removed this update from OTA service. It seems they have regretted to release it to public and I think is the right decision until the color issue is fixed.
Good for them!
Messed up twice in a week.
It's a shame.
The X9S is a good product ...even considering the bugs that still need to be fixed.
However, this is a high-end product in terms of price, so the main problem is Zidoo customer relationship management. Which is practically non existent.

They do not reply to support emails, very little information... customers are kept in the dark most of the time.
Anyone has problems with Fast Forward and Reverse? I have issues with MKVs stored in an USB 2.0 hard disk drive. I've not tried other media though. I only can forward up to 2x, if I go beyond, the same speed remains (it doesn't matter if current speed is 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x...) This occurs with firmware 1.3.0 and firmware 1.4.6.

Thanks
Hello All,

I have just acquired an Zidoo X10, and i start to make a little review on the site futeko.com with the last FW 1.4.6.

http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=2164.0

see you
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

So very first question - as we are now seeing these device targeted at the premium end of the market - does the Zidoo X10 come with a quality Wireless remote like you get standard with cheap $69 Android TV devices like the Mi Box ?

(2017-07-25, 18:31)wrxtasy Wrote: So very first question - as we are now seeing these device targeted at the premium end of the market - does the Zidoo X10 come with a quality Wireless remote like you get standard with cheap $69 Android TV devices like the Mi Box ?
It depends. I got the old remote because the old package was shipped to me. The old remote is crap, no doubt. But there is new stock with new package and a 'decent' backlit remote. See this picture. Some people get the new package and other the old one (like me). That being said, if you request it, Zidoo is kindly enough to send the new remote to you at no cost (when you've purchased the player). I did it (it's sent from China, though).
yes, It is a good remote control, I have one with the egreat A10 and one with the Zidoo X10,

The remote of the Zidoo X10 has a stop button that does not have the Egreat A10,

I tried the stop button with their home theater app and it works, i will try with kodi and zdmc this evening.

I ordered my zidoo at futeko.com, they only have the new package with the new remote control in stock.
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2017-07-25, 12:03)golbar Wrote: It's a shame.
The X9S is a good product ...even considering the bugs that still need to be fixed.
However, this is a high-end product in terms of price, so the main problem is Zidoo customer relationship management. Which is practically non existent.

They do not reply to support emails, very little information... customers are kept in the dark most of the time.

Couldn't agree more.
(2017-07-25, 12:03)golbar Wrote: It's a shame.

If they could make their software stable, they would probably make a killing. I've got an X8 and I've certainly spent more time futzing with it than I want, but I only got it to play 3D which it has done perfectly since I got it. I've accepted that there isn't a one box solution yet. I'm glad to have it for what it is, and if it gets better, then that's gravy for me. I do wish they let you roll back firmware as easily as upgrading, but I've been lucky so far and it's always worked for what I really need it to.
hello all,

I just updated the thread, i will do it a little every day.

http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=2164.0

see you

• 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8