• 13(current)
[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon
(2017-07-09, 01:05)johnvick1 Wrote: Hi, I'm having similar problems with the live links. One you have used e.g. the global one it is not in the menu next time you look. Eventually they all go except Spanish which doesn't work. I've tried this on Windows 10 Kodi 17.3 and Odroid C2 LibreElec - same behaviour on both devices. Plugin v 3.02. On the Windows version uninstall/reinstall of both the plugin and Kodi - still the same.

If you're referring to menu items disappearing after you've watched them, that is most likely due to have the 'unwatched' filter turned on in your skin. Nothing to do with the add-on. That is not the problem being discussed above.
Thanks that has fixed it.
Quote:The resolution config is redundant now. You can go to Settings->System Settings->Internet Access and set a bandwidth restriction. This will cause the player to select a stream equal to or lower than the set bandwidth.

I've set the restriction down to 512k and the player still selects the 720p stream, which buffers every minute so. I have the same issue on website, so it must be my ISP, but going through the thread it appears that I'm not the only user with this issue. Any chance of returning manual stream selection in the next update?
(2017-07-19, 05:53)CapitolCapital Wrote: I've set the restriction down to 512k and the player still selects the 720p stream, which buffers every minute so. I have the same issue on website, so it must be my ISP, but going through the thread it appears that I'm not the only user with this issue. Any chance of returning manual stream selection in the next update?

I'm having the same issue. It autoselects 720p when I select 512k. I can only reliably watch most livestreams at 480p. Please put the manual selection back.
(2017-08-10, 03:39)kurgan2001 Wrote:
(2017-07-19, 05:53)CapitolCapital Wrote: I've set the restriction down to 512k and the player still selects the 720p stream, which buffers every minute so. I have the same issue on website, so it must be my ISP, but going through the thread it appears that I'm not the only user with this issue. Any chance of returning manual stream selection in the next update?

I'm having the same issue. It autoselects 720p when I select 512k. I can only reliably watch most livestreams at 480p. Please put the manual selection back.

That's why I never updated from version 1.10.1...

I'm running Krypton on a RPi3, and I've stayed with the old version because of ISP buffering issues as well.

The old versions works fine for me in LibreElec/Krypton, and gives me the 480p stream that I need.

Just saying...
Instead of selecting 512k for internet bandwidth limitation, try setting 1024kbps. That sets the resolution to 640x480 for me.

The lowest speed stream I see is 580k, I guess the bandwidth limitation logic just skips doing anything if the the lowest speed stream exceeds the bandwidth limitation.
(2017-08-10, 21:39)learningit Wrote: Instead of selecting 512k for internet bandwidth limitation, try setting 1024kbps. That sets the resolution to 640x480 for me.

The lowest speed stream I see is 580k, I guess the bandwidth limitation logic just skips doing anything if the the lowest speed stream exceeds the bandwidth limitation.

Tried 1024kbps, still putting it to 720p. I love the app but have to uninstall it if there's no way to make it 480p. Sad
RT is not working for me at all now.
Using v 1.10.1, tried on 2 different RPi's- one running Jarvis, one running Krypton. RT won't launch on either Pi.
Is the newer version working for people? I really didn't want to upgrade and lose the 480p option... Undecided
(2017-08-11, 06:06)kurgan2001 Wrote:
(2017-08-10, 21:39)learningit Wrote: Instead of selecting 512k for internet bandwidth limitation, try setting 1024kbps. That sets the resolution to 640x480 for me.

Tried 1024kbps, still putting it to 720p. I love the app but have to uninstall it if there's no way to make it 480p. Sad

I know, I had the same issue with the newer version. I couldn't get it on 480p no matter what I set the bandwidth at.
I can only tell you that the latest version works fine for me on both Android and Windows platforms. Setting the Kodi setting for internet bandwidth limitation to 1024k set 640x480 for me. Using Kodi 17.3 and 18.
I had to bite the bullet and update to the latest version. Now RT works again, but only at 720 like the other poster said. Undecided

I'll try again, but IIRC last time I tried it setting the bandwidth limit within Kodi itself it caused problems with some of the other addons.

I sure would love to have a choice of resolution settings again. We don't all have fast, unlimited, or even reliable internet... a lot of us here in the US, especially in rural areas, are plodding along on functionally obsolete connections with no other options.

Just saying...

That being said, as always- thank you for the best addons in Kodi, and for all your hard work. :-)
(2017-06-25, 00:07)learningit Wrote: The resolution config is redundant now. You can go to Settings->System Settings->Internet Access and set a bandwidth restriction. This will cause the player to select a stream equal to or lower than the set bandwidth.

I tried this on Krypton with RT. It does work. I set the bandwidth to 1500 or so and it displays in SD.

However- I would just like to point out that having to do this- setting *all* of Kodi like this limits the resolution of *all* the addons.

Most addons are good enough at SD. However, some addons I would like to view at 720. So a resolution option for each addon is not redundant AFAIC.

Just saying...
(2017-08-25, 01:49)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2017-06-25, 00:07)learningit Wrote: The resolution config is redundant now. You can go to Settings->System Settings->Internet Access and set a bandwidth restriction. This will cause the player to select a stream equal to or lower than the set bandwidth.

I tried this on Krypton with RT. It does work. I set the bandwidth to 1500 or so and it displays in SD.

However- I would just like to point out that having to do this- setting *all* of Kodi like this limits the resolution of *all* the addons.

Most addons are good enough at SD. However, some addons I would like to view at 720. So a resolution option for each addon is not redundant AFAIC.

Just saying...

I somewhat understand your point, but as the manifests are becoming more and more complex for adaptive bitstreams, DASH and separated audio/video streams, it makes little sense to have the add-on start trying to understand all the permutations. My add-ons would break even more often than they do now as the content providers make changes to the manifests. In order for the add-on to select the correct bitrate, it has to do a fair bit of parsing the manifest.

That's why I removed the selection, let the inputstream module do the heavy lifting. I don't see myself going back.
The internet bandwidth limitation is global and will work with all add-ons.
(2017-08-25, 04:10)learningit Wrote:
(2017-08-25, 01:49)mrsfixit Wrote:

Just saying...

I somewhat understand your point, but as the manifests are becoming more and more complex for adaptive bitstreams, DASH and separated audio/video streams, it makes little sense to have the add-on start trying to understand all the permutations. My add-ons would break even more often than they do now as the content providers make changes to the manifests. In order for the add-on to select the correct bitrate, it has to do a fair bit of parsing the manifest.

That's why I removed the selection, let the inputstream module do the heavy lifting. I don't see myself going back.
The internet bandwidth limitation is global and will work with all add-ons.

And being you're doing this out of the goodness of your heart, I totally understand.
You have a lot of addons and keeping them all working must be a lot of work.
So I understand your point as well... and it has merit.
As a Kodi user though- I wish there were some global setting that would allow me to *exclude* certain addons from the bandwidth restriction.
Thanks for all your great addons, and for responding. :-)
Please add the new show, "According to Jesse" to the archives list when you get a chance. Much appreciated!
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon2