• 13(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
(2017-08-21, 23:53)Jeroen Wrote: More fixes on the repo now.

(2017-08-21, 20:56)bsoriano Wrote: Jeroen,

With version 1.0.5, I noticed that if you select an image to be the homescreen background, it works well at Kodi start, you have that image as the background. However, if you enter any menu option, when you return to the main menu, the custom image you had selected for homescreen background is no longer there.
I haven't been able to reproduce this. Was this different before? Because I don't think I have touched anything that could have affected this.

I don't know what it could have been, but it is now fixed in 1.0.6. Thank you!

Regards,

Bart
bug:

the cast on section episode of tv shows is not showing.
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
(2017-08-20, 20:59)realjohngalt Wrote: Two issues:
"4K" res says "4KP" It should either be "4K" or "2160P". I understand this is due to kodi's reporting of the res, but it should be caught.

in info:Source, "WEB-DL" should probably include "WEBDL" which is what a popular downloader uses for naming.
Fixed

Quote:Also a feature suggestion for resolution (something I did in a skin mod of another skin with media flags):
Replace with "HDR" or maybe "4K HDR" if naming includes HDR with some other conditions.
Added, cheers Smile

(2017-08-21, 01:24)Designer Wrote: Widget View > Recently Added Movies > Information

The only option you get is "Extended Info" and it doesn't work. Plus there is no movie title in the header or background art. But if you go to the same movie through the "Movies" category you get the full list of options.
So I've been looking into this last night. The solution I had in mind for this does work, but it uses a lot of extra variables and it will require a sort of workaround to be used in all scenarios and not just when in the widgets. I think the skin already makes pretty big use of variables, so that is something I have to take into account.
The heart of the matter here is that I am using this "intermediate" window (when you press more) to get to all these different functions. It allows me to keep things organized and not have all these functions cramped into the row of buttons in the movie info screen. When used outside of the library however, there is no "connection" anymore to the info the buttons need to perform their actions. If that makes sense..

In any case, I'll have to think about this for a bit, but I might decide to simplify the options that are available in the widgets and opt for not having the "More" menu here and instead have a couple of options as single buttons (when in the widgets)

(2017-08-22, 05:36)3500 Wrote: the cast on section episode of tv shows is not showing.
Fixed, will be pushed to the repo later. cheers Smile
(2017-08-21, 18:17)gonzolak Wrote: Skin is amazing. Performance wise is a little bit laggy. Doesnt matter i3 oraz i7 with 8gigs od ram. (Windows,Linux) .
Even though I expect and plan to optimize some things down the road, I am not seeing abnormal spikes in CPU usage compared to other skins.

It will however depend on which views you are using and what artwork type. For instance when you are using big list view or thumbnails view and have the art type set to fanart, you're constantly scrolling 4 through 9 Full HD images. In a big collection that can probably slow it down a bit. And if you're using logos, that will take some more.

There's a couple of things you could try. You could set the artwork type to use landscape thumbs instead of fanart, which are significantly smaller. And in "Skin settings>Artwork" enabling "Hide background fanart while scrolling" will likely improve performance when scrolling through the library.
This skin is sensational.. The colors, the clean look and its perfect for both desktop and TV.. Beautiful work Jeroen! Also love the counter at the top left and this theme makes perfect use of space in header bar.. Thanks a lot for your work man! I noticed one small thing
1. When I enabled date for home screen, it was in teal color and not that easily readable. It appears in white everywhere else.
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

The theme looks great. Fits my taste. However, the font used in no.of movies look a bit shoddy. Can you maybe fix that?
Another problem. When I press "back" button after viewing "Gallery", it takes me to the list of movies page and not to Info page. Please fix this.
Wonderfull Skin really ammaaaaaaazing. and still so sleek.

just 2 things wich are missing

KIOSK MODE (my wife is switching accidentally views)
LOCK Viewtypes (for Movies Tvshows Episodes Listitems Programs)
Password for Homescreenshortcut ( so closed area for Childsave stuff)

would be nice if you could tell me where to set the <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(kiosk)</visible> so the context doesn't open on the left side.
i allready implemented KIOSK mode in skin settings menu.

thaaaaaank aaa loooot
PS i tried to set in in MyVideoNav.xml with no impact. :-(
Jeroen,

Just a quick question, will Gallery View support ClearLogo in the future? Somewhat like you have done in Refocus Gallery View with the Strip Layout (or will this View be included in Grid? I love that view) Smile

Regardless, thank your for a great skin.
(2017-08-21, 20:37)Kolabor Wrote:
(2017-08-21, 18:17)gonzolak Wrote: Skin is amazing. Performance wise is a little bit laggy. Doesnt matter i3 oraz i7 with 8gigs od ram. (Windows,Linux).
Yea. Think of a Grid on RPi 3 board. RPi sweats like a pedophile in Disneyland Big Grin
Refocus was soo smooth on RPi actually. Too bad Grid is so CPU intensive, but it looks like a $100.000.000. <3
I'm not seeing any real speed issues on RPi 3. Confused
BTW i receive on android a "colorboxscript error"
The movie plot in greek appears like this, could it be fixed?

(2017-08-22, 08:17)akya Wrote: This skin is sensational.. The colors, the clean look and its perfect for both desktop and TV.. Beautiful work Jeroen! Also love the counter at the top left and this theme makes perfect use of space in header bar.. Thanks a lot for your work man! I noticed one small thing
Thanks, glad you anjoy it Smile

Quote:1. When I enabled date for home screen, it was in teal color and not that easily readable. It appears in white everywhere else.
Yeah, I understand. In fact I changed it to teal because in most situations it was better readable in my experience but mileage definitely varies. The only thing I can do (and tried) is putting a coloured texture behind it that contrasts enough. But tbh, I thinked it looked really bad. I ssoooo want proper text shadows / outlines in Kodi as it would be the perfect solution for things like this but I don't think that's ever going to happen.

One other thing I have been meaning to try out is to use a shorthand version on the homescreen where the date would be displayed similar to the time.

(2017-08-22, 09:46)VikkiXavier Wrote: The theme looks great. Fits my taste. However, the font used in no.of movies look a bit shoddy. Can you maybe fix that?
Not sure what you mean by shoddy, but it's the same font as used everywhere else, only a lighter fontweight. I don't have any plans to change it, sorry.

(2017-08-22, 10:56)brepo33 Wrote: KIOSK MODE (my wife is switching accidentally views)
The thing is, everyone has a different view on what kiosk mode should or shouldn't do. Disabling acces to the menu also disables things like search and sorting for example. I personally don't have any need for it, I'll put it on my list of things to consider after an official release.

Quote:LOCK Viewtypes (for Movies Tvshows Episodes Listitems Programs)
Same for this.

Quote:Password for Homescreenshortcut ( so closed area for Childsave stuff)
No, sorry. Permissions are not something that should be handled at skin level. Kodi has built in functionality to handle this properly. Put a password on the folder or network share and Kodi will ask for it. Or use different profiles. Besides, I don't even think it's possible actually.

Quote:would be nice if you could tell me where to set the <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(kiosk)</visible> so the context doesn't open on the left side.
i allready implemented KIOSK mode in skin settings menu.
You'll need to look into Menu.xml and possibly Includes_Menu.xml

(2017-08-22, 10:59)brepo33 Wrote: PS i tried to set in in MyVideoNav.xml with no impact. :-(
Grid doesn't handle the menu's in the individal window's xml, but in the above files.

(2017-08-22, 11:40)brepo33 Wrote: BTW i receive on android a "colorboxscript error"
Sorry, I should have mentioned this in my announcement post. The colorbox script will not work on Android because required python modules are not not avilable there. That said, I will put in some Android specific changes so you'll not be disturbed by error messages about it though.

(2017-08-22, 12:01)chrispe Wrote: The movie plot in greek appears like this, could it be fixed?
I can't see your image, it's probably not shared publicly?
Hi Jeroen, not sure if you missed my earlier post (apologies if you are working on it) but I don't have an option for poster view in widgets (tv or movies). I saw a screenshot in an earlier post and it looked great.
Awesome skin btw. Thanks for all the hard work.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10