• 18(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
Sorry to repost, just wanted to ask:

You are to be commended on a beautiful, simple, clean, and extraordinary skin. Really well done.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this forum.

Question: When I load streams, the list of choices seems to be getting cut off. Is there any way to make them extend past the current view-able range, or even implement an "auto scroll" type thing?

Again, my thanks.
(2017-08-23, 14:41)IdiotSavante Wrote: Sorry to repost, just wanted to ask:

You are to be commended on a beautiful, simple, clean, and extraordinary skin. Really well done.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this forum.

Question: When I load streams, the list of choices seems to be getting cut off. Is there any way to make them extend past the current view-able range, or even implement an "auto scroll" type thing?

Again, my thanks.

Thanks for the kind words and sorry about missing your question. Making them automatically scroll is possible. I'll put it on my list but it will take some time as there's a couple of things that need to happen first and I want to make it optional.
Coming back to the Noto font. It appears that the fonts for some languages do have more weight variations (like Japanese for instance), not sure why that's different per language but it opens up possibilities.

Adding dozens of fontsets would crank up the skin package size like crazy though. I wonder if it's feasible to somehow create font add-ons for skins... For now I could prepare some extra packages with the skin's default font filenames so that unzipping one of these packages into the skin's font folder would be enough to "install" new languages.
(2017-08-23, 12:36)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-23, 12:18)Luke Cage Wrote: What you're looking for is Noto : https://tech.slashdot.org/story/16/10/09...-languages

Noto provides just two font weights which are not very far apart. So even though it solves the missing characters problem, it wouldn't provide the variation in weight needed in the main menu to distinguish between unfocused and focused items.

Also, Noto isn't really one font, but a huge collection of fonts per language. Meaning each language would need it's own fontset included.

I was under the impression that you could somehow query the language setting in "Interface Settings >> Regional >> Language".from your skin.
And also hook into that setting so that Grid gets notified of any change. My bad.
found a bug on Grid 1.0.9:

in Home i goto add-ons then i hover to install from zip file
but when i hit button enter from my keyboard suddenly the add-on browser appear and the keyboard show up
this is supposed to be File browser appear right? to find the zip file of addon?
and recently i tried again on Grid 1.1.0
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
(2017-08-23, 14:49)Jeroen Wrote: Coming back to the Noto font. It appears that the fonts for some languages do have more weight variations (like Japanese for instance), not sure why that's different per language but it opens up possibilities.

Adding dozens of fontsets would crank up the skin package size like crazy though. I wonder if it's feasible to somehow create font add-ons for skins... For now I could prepare some extra packages with the skin's default font filenames so that unzipping one of these packages into the skin's font folder would be enough to "install" new languages.

All I can think of is that the characters of certain languages don't play well with all font-weights (yet). Or that Noto is still WIP.
Ethiopian seems to have all 9 common font weights : https://github.com/googlei18n/noto-sourc...ple02.html

EDIT:
Is it an option to add Google's Font API to the skin's settings ?
If you can use JS and JSON from Kodi skins : all available Google fonts in various formats : https://github.com/jonathantneal/google-fonts-complete
You could let the user select, and download only the one being used. And of course only make Noto (or a subset of other fonts) available from Grid.

EDIT 2:
I was just tipped off that PyV8 and also here https://github.com/emmetio/pyv8-binaries (together with RunScript() ) might do the trick. But to me that sounds a bit like getting things bloated. Although I was told that resources would only be used when changing language.
Jeroen, would it be possible to add an option to use non-capital characters. These read easier than capital ones.

Sent from my ZP999
btw the design of this magnificent skin is only for capital characters
(2017-08-23, 19:45)3500 Wrote: btw the design of this magnificent skin is only for capital characters
I know. I was just wondering if it could be a user option. It would make readability better. And it would maybe only be in media titles/lists
Smile

Sent from my ZP999
Could you add this in Variables.xml
Code:
<value condition="Pvr.IsPlayingRecording">$LOCALIZE[19047]</value>

in this section
Code:
<variable name="player:InfoToggle">

That way the osd menu would show "Programme information" instead of "Video information" when playing PVR recordings.
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
(2017-07-17, 17:08)3500 Wrote:
GЯ'D 1.1.0

i can't stop staring this skin, this design is a such Masterpiece!
Forgive me if this has been answered prior, I haven't seen it: There are some changes for colorbox, extraposter, and ratings I'm interested in working on with the full intention of pushing PR for you to review and possibly merge, but have been holding off a bit because it's a bit more difficult to work on without git.

One of the changes for instance is passing colorbox id (797*) as param to in-use images, which makes it easier and lighter to use for accents across windows for instance.

I was just been doing local patches while working on it, but it's a chore for pulling down latest zip from repo, unzipping, reapplying patches, etc.

Is there an approximate timeline for moving onto a git repo for the skin (hope it's not too close to asking for an ETA)? Or is this even planned? Thank you, and awesome work yet again Smile
(2017-08-23, 16:10)Luke Cage Wrote: EDIT 2:
I was just tipped off that PyV8 and also here https://github.com/emmetio/pyv8-binaries (together with RunScript() ) might do the trick. But to me that sounds a bit like getting things bloated. Although I was told that resources would only be used when changing language.

It's definitely interesting. I'll think about it some more and see if I can write up a feature / add-on suggestion about it. For someone just starting it with python it's definitely not something I could take on.

Also, Kodi might have a problem with the font. I tried out Japanese and Korean today and Kodi didn't display them. Didn't give an error eithrt (maybe in the logs though, didn't check) but just fell back to Arial. These font files were really big (around 50MB for a single font weight) so maybe they're too big to handle for Kodi. At first I thought it was down to my conversion from otf to ttf, but I got the same result with conversions I downloaded.

I'll worry about it when we have Korean and Japanese translations Big Grin

(2017-08-23, 19:34)joostzilla Wrote: Jeroen, would it be possible to add an option to use non-capital characters. These read easier than capital ones is the general consensus in the design world.

Not to turn this into a discussion about design, but I would say that’s a bit impetuous. If you’re talking about paragraphs sure, but for headers and short mostly separated blocks of text the claim doesn’t hold up. Also, the medium needs to be taken into account. Designing for print, web or other UX are fundamentally different things, and as such can have different "do’s and don’ts"

There would not be so many examples of use of capitalized text in UX if what you’re saying is true. And I’m not talking about small products & companies here Wink

And design != science Tongue I know some people want to approach it as such, and sure some things could be considered ‘wrong’ but to me the first rule of design is "don’t be afraid to break any rules" Smile I certainly do not believe consensus is necessarily always a good thing when it comes to design.

But...to answer your question Smile No, I don’t have any interest in adding an option for this, sorry. If someone wants this really bad, it’s extremely simple to mod/change in font.xml.

(2017-08-23, 20:00)maxtherabbit Wrote: That way the osd menu would show "Programme information" instead of "Video information" when playing PVR recordings.
Check Smile

(2017-08-23, 16:09)3500 Wrote: found a bug on Grid 1.0.9:

in Home i goto add-ons then i hover to install from zip file
but when i hit button enter from my keyboard suddenly the add-on browser appear and the keyboard show up
this is supposed to be File browser appear right? to find the zip file of addon?
and recently i tried again on Grid 1.1.0
Yeah, I noticed it too. This window is not the "normal" Addon browser window, but a custom one. I wanted a window which would give me access to all add-ons, so music, video, programs but also installing new add-ons, etc. So I had to use some trickery to bring that all together here. And in this particular case it seems to fail. Didn't notice it at all until a couple of days ago though, so maybe I have recently broken something here.
I believe in Leia it will be possible to do this window in a better way. Anyway, I will look into it. In the meantime you could customize your menu and add the normal addon browser window to it instead of this one. Then you'll won't get this issue, but you will lose some of the custom options.
Hi,

Using v1.1.0 (Great skin btw!!)

When viewing tv episodes using the list view, some of my episodes are missing the second line of information (i.e. season x - episode x I dd/mm/yyyy) etc. That information is displayed correctly in all other views (list is the only view with an issue)

I think I've narrowed this down to those episodes not having an imdb rating??

Can you check this and if so, change the skin so that the second line of info still appears in this case.

Thx!!
(2017-08-23, 20:59)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-23, 16:10)Luke Cage Wrote: EDIT 2:

It's definitely interesting. I'll think about it some more and see if I can write up a feature / add-on suggestion about it. For someone just starting it with python it's definitely not something I could take on.

Also, Kodi might have a problem with the font. I tried out Japanese and Korean today and Kodi didn't display them. Didn't give an error eithrt (maybe in the logs though, didn't check) but just fell back to Arial. These font files were really big (around 50MB for a single font weight) so maybe they're too big to handle for Kodi. At first I thought it was down to my conversion from otf to ttf, but I got the same result with conversions I downloaded.

I'll worry about it when we have Korean and Japanese translations Big Grin

I can't help you with the Python bit I'm afraid. I'm not a Python programmer.
Google being a Python-Club, you can also skip the JavaScript (PyV8 + Google Fonts Complete repo) and use the Google Fonts API directly from Python : https://developers.google.com/api-client...ebfonts/v1. (This is not from me, but was emailed to me and started off with "If he is a Python programmer ....."). But it looks like you need a working example. I'll ask see if he is willing to provide one. But he already said he doesn't know anything about Kodi.

EDIT: Posted too quickly.
About the Japanese and Korean fonts not being displayed by Kodi. Do fonts need to be installed first before Kodi or a Kodi skin can use them ?
If that's the case this option ends I guess. But that would be weird because each OS has a font preview application which lets you display the fonts without having them installed.
Asian fonts are always huge. Because of DBCS.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10