• 27(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
(2017-08-26, 00:34)realjohngalt Wrote:
(2017-08-25, 23:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2017-08-25, 23:55)realjohngalt Wrote: @bsoriano, are you referring to the following bug with the overlapping square in the top left of the vertical menu?

I think so, since that is how my main menu looks also.

Regards,

Bart
The problem is the behavior of Player.Volume on leia I believe, but haven't tested on krypton.

Here's a patch that removes the Player.Volume condition (so no background image on mute icon in upper left after this patch):
http://sprunge.us/gaaj

Excellent, @realjohngalt! Thank you.

Regards,

Bart
Running 1.1.3 and "Show logo for currently displayed fanart" is enabled even if not checked.

Nice skin btw Smile. Cheers!
@Jeroen

Is there an option to display the time played and not the time remaining (video player)? Or is that a kodi setting? Could not find it.
(2017-08-25, 19:14)Luke Cage Wrote:
(2017-08-25, 18:22)VikkiXavier Wrote:
(2017-08-25, 15:54)Jeroen Wrote: Forgot to mention, you'll have to add the filename and extension to it. ListItem.FileNameAndPath will print the path to the movie. From there you'll need to add the parameters needed to make the path "complete" so it reflects your filestructure

It is not quite cleart where do I have to add the filename and extention?
I hope that Jeroen doesn't mind, because this is not my thread.
Between the parenthesis, where it says "media" you can insert a "playlist, music, or video file, directory, plugin or a url. So replace the word "media" with one of those.
The other parameters of PlayMedia are optional (that's why they are between square brackets).
Code:
PlayMedia(media[,isdir][,1],[playoffset=xx])
Description of the PlayMedia built-in function (from the first link that Jeroen referred you to in his post) :
Code:
Plays the media. This can be a playlist, music, or video file, directory, plugin or a url. The optional parameter ",isdir" can be used for playing a directory. ",1" will start a video in a preview window, instead of fullscreen. If media is a playlist, you can use playoffset=xx where xx is the position to start playback from.

EDIT:
You must use this built-in function in one of two XML tags : <onclick> or <onfocus>.
<onclick>PlayMedia(path-including-video-file-name-here)</onclick>
or
<onfocus>PlayMedia(path-including-video-file-name-here)</onfocus>

EDIT2:
If you're determining the full pathname to the video (or music or whatever) file with Python :
To stay platform independent and avoid unnecessary hardcoding use paths with the special protocol : Special_protocol (wiki)
Look at the top of your log for "special://" and see how they are mapped, to find out the proper one to use.
For example, I see this one (of many others) "NOTICE: special://home/ is mapped to: /home/luke-cage/.kodi"

OK . Please get me clear on this thing.

This is the trailer button:

And, this is the videowindow control

What line do I have add and in which control to achieve this result.

PS: i tried what you said but did not work.
(2017-08-26, 00:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2017-08-26, 00:34)realjohngalt Wrote:
(2017-08-25, 23:59)bsoriano Wrote: I think so, since that is how my main menu looks also.

Regards,

Bart
The problem is the behavior of Player.Volume on leia I believe, but haven't tested on krypton.

Here's a patch that removes the Player.Volume condition (so no background image on mute icon in upper left after this patch):

Regards,

Bart

Just a note about this. I don't have any problem with people using Grid on Leia, but please do not report issues you encounter in that case. If @realjohngalt wouldn't have known about that Leia bug and posted about it, I would have been investigating this issue on Krypton which would have been a total waste of time.

At this time Grid is only compatible with Krypton, and it is not tested against Leia. Making a skin compatible with a new Kodi version involves more than just bumping Kodi's gui version. I need to be sure that any reported issue is encountered on the latest version of Grid and on the same version of Kodi I am using.

Thanks.
The box for notifications is not properly alligned with the box for the time

Hi, Jeroen maybe you must look post on number
and this one on my top #396
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
(2017-08-24, 21:48)Blurayx Wrote: @Jeroen,

Sorry I don't think I made myself clear regarding artist fanart Smile

Album art displays for a few seconds

I think the artists slideshow sort of does what you want.

Screen burn on modern displays though? Maybe if you listen to one artist 24/7 all week, otherwise I really wouldn't worry about that.

(2017-08-25, 17:02)Fenderman Wrote: Did you read my questions on post #221?
There seem to be some issues with the PVR.

Would be great if i could get an answer. Wink
Your skin rocks!
I will when I have one.

(2017-08-26, 02:59)knewknow Wrote: Running 1.1.3 and "Show logo for currently displayed fanart" is enabled even if not checked.
This will be fixed in the next update.

(2017-08-26, 08:32)chrispe Wrote: The box for notifications is not properly alligned with the box for the time
And this one too.
I see pics of the skin with a widget showing while in the main menu. Where's that setting? Used to have that behavior in Refocus but can't get it to work now. Have to press right arrow to let it show a widget.
(2017-08-26, 11:08)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-24, 21:48)Blurayx Wrote: @Jeroen,

Sorry I don't think I made myself clear regarding artist fanart Smile

Album art displays for a few seconds

I think the artists slideshow sort of does what you want.

Screen burn on modern displays though? Maybe if you listen to one artist 24/7 all week, otherwise I really wouldn't worry about that.

How do I setup GRID to display my artist slideshows. I only get the image shown below Smile

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
(2017-08-26, 11:58)Blurayx Wrote: How do I setup GRID to display my artist slideshows. I only get the image shown below Smile

Oh you mean, while in your music library? I'm puzzled... After a while Kodi will activate the now playing window anyway if I'm not mistaken? Aren't you just looking for a screensaver? Huh
(2017-08-26, 12:08)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-26, 11:58)Blurayx Wrote: How do I setup GRID to display my artist slideshows. I only get the image shown below Smile

Oh you mean, while in your music library? I'm puzzled... After a while Kodi will activate the now playing window anyway if I'm not mistaken? Aren't you just looking for a screensaver? Huh

Yes, screensaver (Artist slideshow) Smile
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
(2017-08-26, 12:28)Blurayx Wrote: Yes, screensaver (Artist slideshow) Smile

Plenty of screensavers available: https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=178 ?

In any case, it's not something I see as part of a skin.
(2017-08-26, 07:25)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-26, 00:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2017-08-26, 00:34)realjohngalt Wrote: The problem is the behavior of Player.Volume on leia I believe, but haven't tested on krypton.

Regards,

Bart

Just a note about this. I don't have any problem with people using Grid on Leia, but please do not report issues you encounter in that case. If @realjohngalt wouldn't have known about that Leia bug and posted about it, I would have been investigating this issue on Krypton which would have been a total waste of time.

At this time Grid is only compatible with Krypton, and it is not tested against Leia. Making a skin compatible with a new Kodi version involves more than just bumping Kodi's gui version. I need to be sure that any reported issue is encountered on the latest version of Grid and on the same version of Kodi I am using.

Thanks.

Fair enough. I will not report any issues, as I only have Leia instances at home. I am well aware of what is needed in making a skin compatible with a new Kodi version. I remain at your disposal for testing whenever you are ready to work on a Leia version. I will continue to keep the Spanish translation updated in Transifex, as that is independent of the Kodi version. Thank you again for your work on this great skin.

Regards,

Bart
Can someone explain me how to use the channel manager in Grid?
In Arctic Zephyr skin i get a list with available channels which i can work with. In Grid i can't figure it out.

Sent from my ZP999
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10