• 28(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
(2017-08-26, 13:23)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-26, 12:28)Blurayx Wrote: Yes, screensaver (Artist slideshow) Smile

Plenty of screensavers available: https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=178 ?

In any case, it's not something I see as part of a skin.

Now I'm getting a bit confused HuhSmile
I already have Artist slideshow installed. skins usually use Artist slideshows as standard. Are we talking about two completely different things lol

https://kodi.tv/addons/browse?keyword=ar...=title+ASC
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
I found a bug in the TV guide. Programme titles that scroll seem to leave the programme field and mix with the channel name.
Also one request, could you give a little bit more room for the channel name.

(2017-08-26, 14:55)Blurayx Wrote: Now I'm getting a bit confused HuhSmile
Can you name me a skin that does what you want, where it does this (in which window) and the settings I need to enable in that skin (if any) because I don't really understand what you mean.

(2017-08-26, 15:39)joostzilla Wrote: I found a bug in the TV guide. Programme titles that scroll seem to leave the programme field and mix with the channel name.
Also one request, could you give a little bit more room for the channel name.
I will investigate this when tackling your earlier request to increase the timeblocks, as it concerns the same code. Regarding increasing the space for the channel name, I have plans to make this area configurable but it's tricky and will probably be a post official release thing.
Not sure if there are any touchscreen users among you, but I needed a little brake from bugfixing today and decided to add rudimentary support for touch navigation. I use an iPad but don't really use Kodi on it, but I always felt the design of this skin would lend itself pretty well for touch usage. Not on the repo yet btw.

(2017-08-26, 17:03)Jeroen Wrote: Not sure if there are any touchscreen users among you, but I needed a little brake from bugfixing today and decided to add rudimentary support for touch navigation. I use an iPad but don't really use Kodi on it, but I always felt the design of this skin would lend itself pretty well for touch usage. Not on the repo yet btw.

Yes, I use a tablet with a touchscreen (of course)
unsupported character on rating

and all detail from picture that i mark is moving when i selecting

*this is from Grid 1.1.5
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
@Jeroen: Before pushing 1.1.5 on repo. Please fetch latest Polish translation from Transifex. Thanks Blush
Polish language translator/maintainer for Grid skin.
Lets start from the beginning Smile

skins with this feature:
(fuse)neue
Horizon
Estuary MOD
Estuary MOD V2
eminence 2.0
arctic zephyr

Horizon skin settings for displaying artist slideshow while playing album

when I select a song, Album cover and info plus artist fanart in the background

A few seconds later the album cover and info disappears, With only the artist fanarts remaining

With GRID this is what happens

After a few minutes I get a blank screen

Smile
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
This isn't a skin bug, so if you don't want to reply to this that's fine.

Multiple cheap amlogic boxes of mine (libreelec both krypton and leia, S905, S905x, S912) regularly freeze on the black screen between home and MyVideoNav. I believe something about this transition is too heavy for these boxes. Unfortunately even after commenting out all the slide animations, messing with changing duration, and even disabling both the slide and fade, it still happens.

Is there anything else you can think of off the top of your head (perhaps something with background transitions not transition_Background) that are heavy I could try disabling?

I'm not exactly sure why this is happening on this skin, considering I have very animation-heavy skins with more constant animations that I don't run into issues like this on.

Edit: fixed, I was able to comment out transition_Background animations and don't run into it. I thought I tested commenting them out prior, but must have been mistaken.

Edit2: Nevermind, not fixed. I've tried disabling all animations in the skin, and still get the full device freezes between home and MyVideoNav. So the issue isn't the animations, but perhaps something heavy or different about how MyVideoNav loads? The views also don't matter for the freezing which happens ~1:2 times.
(2017-08-26, 22:03)realjohngalt Wrote: This isn't a skin bug, so if you don't want to reply to this that's fine.

Multiple cheap amlogic boxes of mine (libreelec both krypton and leia, S905, S905x, S912) regularly freeze on the black screen between home and MyVideoNav. I believe something about this transition is too heavy for these boxes. Unfortunately even after commenting out all the slide animations, messing with changing duration, and even disabling both the slide and fade, it still happens.

Is there anything else you can think of off the top of your head (perhaps something with background transitions) that are heavy I could try disabling?

I'm not exactly sure why this is happening on this skin, considering I have very animation-heavy skins with more constant animations that I don't run into issues like this on.

The music is still playing with the blank screen, I have no freeze issues. I'm using a Nvidia Shield TV Smile
(2017-08-26, 22:08)Blurayx Wrote:
(2017-08-26, 22:03)realjohngalt Wrote: This isn't a skin bug, so if you don't want to reply to this that's fine.

Is there anything else you can think of off the top of your head (perhaps something with background transitions) that are heavy I could try disabling?

The music is still playing with the blank screen, I have no freeze issues. I'm using a Nvidia Shield TV Smile

Sorry, I meant it as an unrelated question.
(2017-08-26, 22:11)realjohngalt Wrote:
(2017-08-26, 22:08)Blurayx Wrote:

Sorry, I meant it as an unrelated question.

No worries Smile
@Jeroen -- RE: Artist Slideshow.

In MusicVisualisation.xml you need a multiimage:
PHP Code:
<control type="multiimage">
    <
aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
    <
timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
    <
randomize>true</randomize>
    <
fadetime>600</fadetime>
    <
imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
    <
visible>System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow) + !Skin.HasSetting(ArtistSlideShow.Disabled)</visible>
    <
animation effect="fade" start="100" end="65" time="0" condition="Skin.HasSetting(OSDVisualisation.ShowFanart)">Conditional</animation>
</
control

And an onload condition to start artist slideshow:
PHP Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow) + !Skin.HasSetting(ArtistSlideShow.Disabled)">RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onload

You will notice I also have a 65% fade animation if the setting OSDVisualisation.ShowFanart is enabled. This setting allows you to toggle whether the visualisation is visible underneath.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-08-26, 23:47)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Jeroen -- RE: Artist Slideshow.

Thanks, I already had something like this in place (through an include), but sounds like it isn't working (anymore)

edit: ah, I'm referring to the wrong var..
(2017-08-26, 23:56)Jeroen Wrote: Thanks, I already had something like this in place (through an include), but sounds like it isn't working (anymore)

Ah indeed you do. Would've helped if I actually checked your code first before posting Tongue
Thought it was odd for you not to be familiar with using artist slideshow.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10