• 40(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
I can't seem to get the visualizer to come up since the background refactoring a couple of days ago.

It pops up, but then the fanart for the artist pops back over. I've cycled through the settings in the menu, just to make sure it's set correctly & the blend works & shows my visualizer blended with the fanart, as expected. Fanart & Visualizer have the same end result, except for the momentary flash of the visualizer when going in & out of Now Playing.

It was working fine & as expected before the refactoring.
(2017-09-05, 21:53)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-09-05, 11:44)Blurayx Wrote: Not sure if it's intentional because it's still WIP. Two options are missing.
I have no idea what's up there, both are showing for me.

(2017-09-05, 08:37)Lenn Wrote: Image

Sorry, I forgot to mention, it's Kodi 18. I have Kodi 18 installed on my iMac and Nvidia shield tablet, Both of them are showing the same issue.

Kodi 18
Skin back-up: Default backup path missing
Skin back-up

Back-up: Browser remote path missing
Back-up

No issues with Grid installed on my Nvidia shield TV(Kodi 17.3)

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
(2017-09-06, 03:18)Blurayx Wrote: Sorry, I forgot to mention, it's Kodi 18. I have Kodi 18 installed on my iMac and Nvidia shield tablet, Both of them are showing the same issue.

Kodi 18
Skin back-up
Back-up

(2017-09-05, 06:55)Jeroen Wrote: Leia beta
As of now I will occasionally publish Leia builds to the repository add-on. These builds are to be considered experimental, incomplete and unstable. They will also be updated less regularly than the Krypton beta. As a result the Leia beta will likely contain bugs that have already been fixed in the Krypton version.

I am uploading these mostly for internal testing purposes and they are provided as is.

You are obviously welcome to use it, but please do not report bugs encountered on the Leia version. At some point (after the Krypton release has been released officially), I will be opening a new thread for the Leia version when I am ready to take bug reports for the Leia version.
(2017-09-06, 02:57)runsamok Wrote: I can't seem to get the visualizer to come up since the background refactoring a couple of days ago.

It pops up, but then the fanart for the artist pops back over. I've cycled through the settings in the menu, just to make sure it's set correctly & the blend works & shows my visualizer blended with the fanart, as expected. Fanart & Visualizer have the same end result, except for the momentary flash of the visualizer when going in & out of Now Playing.

It was working fine & as expected before the refactoring.

Confirmed and fixed for the next update, cheers
Hello !

Just installed the skin a few days back, loving it. having been a devoted fan of refocus, this is quite awesome.
one question I have is, even though the "hide empty tv show folders" option is marked for me, I still see them. cleaning or updating the library doesn't do anything.
using any other skin, they don't show, so i'm assuming it's something in the skin?

any idea on how to fix this would be helpful, cheers!
(2017-09-06, 07:05)amornik Wrote: Hello !

Just installed the skin a few days back, loving it. having been a devoted fan of refocus, this is quite awesome.
one question I have is, even though the "hide empty tv show folders" option is marked for me, I still see them. cleaning or updating the library doesn't do anything.
using any other skin, they don't show, so i'm assuming it's something in the skin?

any idea on how to fix this would be helpful, cheers!

Thanks! I can't reproduce this issue though? I have a whole bunch of dummy tv show folders in my sources so that I have enough testing data for things like the Next Aired add-on and none of them are showing up for me when I have "hide empty tv show folders" enabled, and they show up when I disable it again.

Also, as this is a Kodi setting it would surprise me if skins could override this (unless intentionally setting out to perhaps).
Jeroen, look at radio/check buttons in Your assets. See this screen. There are leftover outline/shadow pixels inside upper part of the circle. Those are leftovers from arrow when it's "checked". Think it should be fixed. Smile

And BTW – isn't it time to make Grid subforum in Skin support here?
Polish language translator/maintainer for Grid skin.
(2017-09-06, 07:53)Kolabor Wrote: Jeroen, look at radio/check buttons in Your assets. See this screen. There are leftover outline/shadow pixels inside upper part of the circle. Those are leftovers from arrow when it's "checked". Think it should be fixed. Smile
Well spotted Big Grin

Quote:And BTW – isn't it time to make Grid subforum in Skin support here?
I think I only get one once the skin is available on the official repo.
(2017-09-06, 07:58)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-09-06, 07:53)Kolabor Wrote: Jeroen, look at radio/check buttons in Your assets. See this screen. There are leftover outline/shadow pixels inside upper part of the circle. Those are leftovers from arrow when it's "checked". Think it should be fixed. Smile
Well spotted Big Grin

To be honest – I saw it in day one when I first launched Grid. Funny that no one spotted this before. I wanted to report this earlier but was thinking "Nah… Jeroen knows about it for sure" Big Grin

(2017-09-06, 07:58)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-09-06, 07:53)Kolabor Wrote: And BTW – isn't it time to make Grid subforum in Skin support here?
I think I only get one once the skin is available on the official repo.

OK. Seems logic.
Polish language translator/maintainer for Grid skin.
(2017-09-06, 06:38)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-09-06, 03:18)Blurayx Wrote: Sorry, I forgot to mention, it's Kodi 18. I have Kodi 18 installed on my iMac and Nvidia shield tablet, Both of them are showing the same issue.

Kodi 18
Skin back-up
Back-up

(2017-09-05, 06:55)Jeroen Wrote: Leia beta
As of now I will occasionally publish Leia builds to the repository add-on. These builds are to be considered experimental, incomplete and unstable. They will also be updated less regularly than the Krypton beta. As a result the Leia beta will likely contain bugs that have already been fixed in the Krypton version.

I am uploading these mostly for internal testing purposes and they are provided as is.

You are obviously welcome to use it, but please do not report bugs encountered on the Leia version. At some point (after the Krypton release has been released officially), I will be opening a new thread for the Leia version when I am ready to take bug reports for the Leia version.

sorry, I must of missed the bit about not reporting Leia bugs yet Smile
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
Quote:
(2017-09-05, 08:59)Meschugge Wrote: But since the last update i get another strange effect....playing music, grid didn't show the fanart in the homescreen, although i activated "fanart" and the "show on the homescreen too" checkbox in the artwork settings. It will only show she album covers in a very bad quality. Everything worked just fine until the skin update yesterday. Not sure what to do.
Can't reproduce this, fanart is showing up for me. Try changing the setting to something else and reapply them. Some of the background related options have had some changes which might need this one time trigger to be correctly applied again.

Little update...i detected, if the checkbox "show on the homescreen too" isn`t activated, the artist slideshow doesn't work correctly....for me. Neither in the music osd or in the homescreen. It only show the album covers in very bad quality in both screens. But when i activate the checkbox, artist slideshow work correctly in the music osd at least . I also reinstalled libreelec and grid....without any effect. I'm absolutly confused !!

Quote:
Quote:two more small errors, i also noticed:
- grid didn't show the current date...neither in the homescreen or in the other windows.
Fixed for the next update, cheers
Thanx a lot !!!

Quote:
Quote:- can`t select a custom single background for the weather widget
Not sure what weather widget you are referring to? Or do you mean the actual weather window? If so I can't reproduce this either.
I only want to select a single custom image, but grid doesn't find anyone in my image folder, although there are still some pictures.
Skin is getting better and better each day. GJ, Two bugs I've noticed :
- when using passthrough and hitting up , down volume button there is no msg telling you can't do that becouse of passthrouhg mode on (instead current volume info status show)
- in compact mode busy kodi sign overlay with clock

About performance issues i've posted week ago. I think it's system related. On Mac (hackintosh) everything is butter smooth but on windows and linux (same spec)you can see minor lag on animation loading times etc. I think most people doesn't even know about it becouse they didn't compare.
(2017-09-05, 13:46)Raitsa Wrote:
(2017-08-24, 14:02)lstar337 Wrote: Quickly created reFocus colour theme for GRID: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aig7ll6igcb51d...s.zip?dl=0

Hi lstar337, this does not work anymore after the Grid 1.2.12 update.

Any chance of an updated reFocus color job? Smile
Sure, give me a few secs.

Try here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3usj0mn00jl69...c.zip?dl=0

And here for a few more themes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tap5vtx90cisjx...s.zip?dl=0
(2017-09-06, 08:12)Kolabor Wrote: To be honest – I saw it in day one when I first launched Grid. Funny that no one spotted this before. I wanted to report this earlier but was thinking "Nah… Jeroen knows about it for sure" Big Grin
Ashamed to say I didn't Rofl First rule in software testing; never assume anything Tongue

(2017-09-06, 08:52)Meschugge Wrote: Little update...i detected, if the checkbox "show on the homescreen too" isn`t activated, the artist slideshow doesn't work correctly....for me. Neither in the music osd or in the homescreen. It only show the album covers in very bad quality in both screens. But when i activate the checkbox, artist slideshow work correctly in the music osd at least . I also reinstalled libreelec and grid....without any effect. I'm absolutly confused !!
Ok, I'll take a look tonight, don't panic Wink

Quote:I only want to select a single custom image, but grid doesn't find anyone in my image folder, although there are still some pictures.
Is that a local folder on your device? Somewhere on your network? I'll take a look.

(2017-09-06, 09:05)gonzolak Wrote: - when using passthrough and hitting up , down volume button there is no msg telling you can't do that becouse of passthrouhg mode on (instead current volume info status show)
Oh right, hadn't thought about that yet. I've put it on my list.

Quote:- in compact mode busy kodi sign overlay with clock
Will take a look thanks.

Quote:About performance issues i've posted week ago. I think it's system related. On Mac (hackintosh) everything is butter smooth but on windows and linux (same spec)you can see minor lag on animation loading times etc. I think most people doesn't even know about it becouse they didn't compare.
I can't really compare with Windows either. I develop on my iMac but do my actual viewing on a LibreElec install on an Intel NUC. It definitely is smoother on the iMac, but that's brand new and the NUC is a couple of years old so that's to be expected.
Chances are performance is going to improve a bit more once the skin is officially released as then the textures will be compressed. The skin is low on textures as the icons are all .ttf based but it is using several full resolution overlays and such so there could be some gain.
Jeroen, I think the 1.2.16 update just broke something?

3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10