• 337(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
@oldpainless
Thanks .when receive my GPU I will keep into account D3D11 Native.
curious , with your 1080 Ti that settings usages for contents at 4K with madVR ? I imagine that algorithm as NGU there are not issues for exploit such algorithm...you can give me an idea / hint for a 4K monitor / tv.
(2017-09-06, 12:10)gotham_x Wrote: @oldpainless
Thanks .when receive my GPU I will keep into account D3D11 Native.
curious , with your 1080 Ti that settings usages for contents at 4K with madVR ? I imagine that algorithm as NGU there are not issues for exploit such algorithm...you can give me an idea / hint for a 4K monitor / tv.

It depends on the FPS of the 4k content. for 4k @23.976 and 30 for Chroma I use NGU AA High, and for 4k @ 60 I use NGU AA Med.

For upscaling 1080p content @ 23.976 i use NGU AA high for Chroma and NGU Sharp very high for Luma.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
OK. in principle they are almost the same as the profile I created for madVR and content at 4K, I just have to experiment with the practical act.
thank you again.
Anyone having trouble getting Fullscreen Exclusive D3D11 to engage properly? I'm using madVR and with MPC-HC standalone, my 3d and 2d .mkvs play as expected in Fullscreen Exclusive (D3D11). When I try to use DSplayer/Kodi, no matter what settings I have selected in Kodi (e.g., load madVR profile, never, DSPlayer profile), I'm only getting D3D11 window (8 bit) mode for 3D content. If I select "Never" in the DSplayer option that deals with madVR profiles, then I can get 2D content to play in Exclusive mode, but I've not found any combination of settings (madVR, LAV, or Kodi) that get me into fullscreen exclusive for 3D MVC .mkvs.
(2017-09-06, 16:42)lexiconman Wrote: Anyone having trouble getting Fullscreen Exclusive D3D11 to engage properly? I'm using madVR and with MPC-HC standalone, my 3d and 2d .mkvs play as expected in Fullscreen Exclusive (D3D11). When I try to use DSplayer/Kodi, no matter what settings I have selected in Kodi (e.g., load madVR profile, never, DSPlayer profile), I'm only getting D3D11 window (8 bit) mode for 3D content. If I select "Never" in the DSplayer option that deals with madVR profiles, then I can get 2D content to play in Exclusive mode, but I've not found any combination of settings (madVR, LAV, or Kodi) that get me into fullscreen exclusive for 3D MVC .mkvs.
There's a new setting in Kodi, where you select either D3D9 or D3D11. That takes precedence over how you configured madVR. I discovered this a couple of days ago.
Edit: re-reading what you wrote I'm not sure that's the answer, but do check that setting in Kodi. It takes a couple of seconds to eliminate it from the list of potentially guilty parties. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2017-09-04, 16:58)aracnoz Wrote: Update: DSPlayer 17.4 Krypton

Thank you again !
Your work is VERY VERY appreciated.
(2017-09-06, 16:42)lexiconman Wrote: Anyone having trouble getting Fullscreen Exclusive D3D11 to engage properly? I'm using madVR and with MPC-HC standalone, my 3d and 2d .mkvs play as expected in Fullscreen Exclusive (D3D11). When I try to use DSplayer/Kodi, no matter what settings I have selected in Kodi (e.g., load madVR profile, never, DSPlayer profile), I'm only getting D3D11 window (8 bit) mode for 3D content. If I select "Never" in the DSplayer option that deals with madVR profiles, then I can get 2D content to play in Exclusive mode, but I've not found any combination of settings (madVR, LAV, or Kodi) that get me into fullscreen exclusive for 3D MVC .mkvs.

I think You're wrong. Madshi wrote that Microsoft will probably get rid of fullscreen exclusive mode soon. You shouldn't use it. For HDR content it is best to have proper nvidia card on which madVR uses proprietary nvidia API for HDR on fullscreen window mode (so not fullscreen exclusive). I've tested it (using GT 1030 card) on fullscreen window mode and HDR work perfectly using D3D11.
Polish language translator/maintainer for Grid skin.
Good to know (I guess), but my post wasn't about HDR. It was about framepacked 3D content, which for me doesnt play correctly outside of FSE mode.

It's really weird though because I've tried all the DSplayer kodi variants available (15.1c, 14.4, 14.3, etc.) and they all behave similarly (screen auto changes from 2160p to 1080p23 FP, engages 3D, but the movie is scaled to 2160, zooming the image so that the screen is filled but with only about a 1/4th of the content -the upper left part).

However, if i create a rule in the player.xml to have 3D content played on an external player (mpc-hc or stereoscopic player), then the movie plays perfectly. Obviously I can use this setup as a workaround, but I'd prefer to watch it all on the dsplayer if we could figure out what's wrong.

I'm game to try whatever permutations developers would like.
@aracnoz

My configuration
windows 7 pro 64
intel i5 3570K
8Gb mémoire
HD 4000
plasma Panasonic TXP-50VT30E
kodi-17.4-Krypton_DSPlayer-x86

Hello,

thank you very much for this update and all your efforts. What a surprise!

I confirm that the Pixelshaders work correctly in 1080p with EVR and madVR.

With EVR there is tearing and when the OSD appears, it flashes with or without the Pixelshaders.Only the Aeon MQ7 skin is usable.

With Estuary I have audio and a black screen. Huh??

With madVR Pixelshaders work regardless of the skin used.

With EVR and madVR
In the debug log, these lines appear each time play one video.

"DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (dsplayer.exclusivemodeevr) was not found."

thanks again
Thought I had it figured out, but alas, I'm still struggling to figure out how to get DSPlayer version of Kodi to use an external player. Anyone know if it's possible?

I've put the following in playercorefactory.xml (just to see) and I couldn't get MPC-HC to work ever.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>

Ideally what I'll eventually want is MPC-HC to just play my 3D movies (since it plays them without the scaling issue I referenced above), but right now I'm just trying to troubleshoot why I can't get MPC-HC to play any movies. Kodi just keep defaulting to DSPlayer and then crashing. Can someone confirm that with DSplayer Kodi you can still utilize other external players? If so, mind sharing your playercorefactor.xml?
Are you going to 'Play Using...' from the movie's context menu, and then selecting MPC-HC? I have 32-bit MPC-HC set up similarly, just in case I want to use it at any time, and it works just fine. However, by default everything plays with DSPlayer because that's how I have it set up. To make MPC-HC the default, you would need to set up at least one Rule in your playercorefactory.xml file.
Thanks. So if I use "Play Using" submenu, the 3d movies play fine (i.e., not scaled). I've tried using a couple different rules from the internet that should make MPC-HC open automatically just for 3D movies, but haven't been successful. Can you give me a hand? All my 3D movies have "3D.MVC." in their title, just before .mkv.
Try this.

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="DSPlayer">
<rule filename=".*3D.MVC.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rule>
</rules>
Hmm. going to reinstall an older version of DSplayer. Not getting MPC to auto open for some reason.
(2017-09-06, 03:02)StinDaWg Wrote: MLB.tv doesn't play with Kodi DSPlayer. It says error check the log and this is what I get...

Quote:20:56:12.157 T:23596 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active
20:56:12.157 T:23596 DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (dsplayer.exclusivemodeevr) was not found.
20:56:12.157 T:23596 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProc: Focus switched to process C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe
20:56:14.112 T:23596 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active
20:56:14.112 T:23596 DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (dsplayer.exclusivemodeevr) was not found.
20:56:16.012 T:23596 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active
20:56:16.012 T:23596 DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (dsplayer.exclusivemodeevr) was not found.

Any idea how to fix this dsplayer.exclusivemodeevr was not found issue?
Bumpity bump. MLB season is almost over.

Any ideas peeps?
  • 337(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47