• 52(current)
(fuse)neue
Not sure if this was asked before, but when I launch Search, no results come up. All my media is on a local network.
(2017-08-14, 18:38)blazer380 Wrote: Not sure if this was asked before, but when I launch Search, no results come up. All my media is on a local network.

did you install globalsearch?
@jurialmunkey,

Feature Request:

would it be possible to add a option to hide the date and Temperature?

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
(2017-08-14, 20:44)Edworld Wrote:
(2017-08-14, 18:38)blazer380 Wrote: Not sure if this was asked before, but when I launch Search, no results come up. All my media is on a local network.

did you install globalsearch?

I had version 8.0.0 installed, but re-installed 7 something from the Kodi repository. That fixed the issue. Thanks.
I really like the look and feel of this skin. In particular, i find the efficiency and logic of key presses and the corresponding motion through the screen elements very appealing -- with one exception. That's with the main home screen menu and the submenu -- I think that placing the submenu *above* the main menu would restore the natural flow.

Here's another(?) feature request: provide the option of fixed focus on the main menu and submenu (the menu slides not the focus). And while I'm on a roll, override Kodi's tendency to select the last submenu used. Select the leftmost menu unless the fixed focus option has been selected, then select the 'middle' submenu item. [I know this isn't easy to do, but Marcel figured it out for the horizontal style menu in titan, so I know it's possible.

thanks for your work developing such a nice clean skin!
(2017-08-17, 20:20)oattes Wrote: I really like the look and feel of this skin. In particular, i find the efficiency and logic of key presses and the corresponding motion through the screen elements very appealing -- with one exception. That's with the main home screen menu and the submenu -- I think that placing the submenu *above* the main menu would restore the natural flow.

Here's another(?) feature request: provide the option of fixed focus on the main menu and submenu (the menu slides not the focus). And while I'm on a roll, override Kodi's tendency to select the last submenu used. Select the leftmost menu unless the fixed focus option has been selected, then select the 'middle' submenu item. [I know this isn't easy to do, but Marcel figured it out for the horizontal style menu in titan, so I know it's possible.

thanks for your work developing such a nice clean skin!

Skin is set up by default to use sub menu widgets (requires github version of skin shortcuts) -- if you are using submenu widgets, the submenu cannot go above the main menu because then there is no way to get to the submenu widgets because you would go through the main menu and thus change the current selected item.

The submenu is focused at the same position that the main menu item is. If you are on the 3rd main menu item, the third submenu item will be focused. I find this is the most natural movement, and the default set up of the skin accomodates this by setting the widget for the submenu item directly underneath the main menu item to the same thing. What you are suggesting is not difficult to do, I just don't want to do it as I think it breaks the movement flow.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-08-18, 11:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: Skin is set up by default to use sub menu widgets (requires github version of skin shortcuts) -- if you are using submenu widgets, the submenu cannot go above the main menu because then there is no way to get to the submenu widgets because you would go through the main menu and thus change the current selected item.

The submenu is focused at the same position that the main menu item is. If you are on the 3rd main menu item, the third submenu item will be focused. I find this is the most natural movement, and the default set up of the skin accomodates this by setting the widget for the submenu item directly underneath the main menu item to the same thing. What you are suggesting is not difficult to do, I just don't want to do it as I think it breaks the movement flow.

Thanks for your feedback. I think one of the things I was missing what that you can associate widgets with submenu items as well (I was thinking only in terms of actions). I think I see where you are going with this and I'm going to adapt my skin shortcuts to align with this idea.

Cheers!
@oattes - yeah with the default setup the idea is to set each widget to the same path as the action of the corresponding menu/submenu item. That way almost everything is directly accessible from the home screen.
@jurialmunkey

Hi mate hows you ? just to let you know I will start and look at the icons again soon its just that I have been busy and sorting out a Logitech harmony home hub and things and its been a pain, lol so should get back onto them soon, plus I have been redoing all my art work for my movies for 4k screens and I am no where near completing them, but I have started.

just added one tv show to test out and do tv shows support
1. discart
2. trailer
First off, let me start by saying I absolutely LOVE this skin. It is probably my favorite one that I've ever used. Very clean looking and I love how the widgets integrate. There is, however, one thing that I'm sure I'm overlooking, but would like to change and can't...

I only see 2 view options when browsing through movies, TV shows, etc. (Posters & List). Is there a way to change to something like "Extra Info" or another view? I prefer using more of the screen than these 2 use to show more options, and would like to have some info showing as well if possible. Is there no option within the skin to show some more views or to set a default view by content type? If not, is there an addon that will work with this skin to add some more views?

Thanks!
(2017-08-20, 16:00)meridius Wrote: @jurialmunkey

Hi mate hows you ? just to let you know I will start and look at the icons again soon its just that I have been busy and sorting out a Logitech harmony home hub and things and its been a pain, lol so should get back onto them soon, plus I have been redoing all my art work for my movies for 4k screens and I am no where near completing them, but I have started.

1. discart
2. trailer
No worries. Take your time Smile

Haha, I was thinking about getting a harmony hub, but so far have just stuck with my tried and tested harmony 650.

To answer your questions. As far as I'm aware tvshows don't support discart or trailers - at least I haven't encountered it. I do find it a bit odd that there doesn't seem to be tvshow discart because having that would actually make a lot of sense.

(2017-08-24, 09:40)xTyD23x Wrote: First off, let me start by saying I absolutely LOVE this skin. It is probably my favorite one that I've ever used. Very clean looking and I love how the widgets integrate. There is, however, one thing that I'm sure I'm overlooking, but would like to change and can't...

I only see 2 view options when browsing through movies, TV shows, etc. (Posters & List). Is there a way to change to something like "Extra Info" or another view? I prefer using more of the screen than these 2 use to show more options, and would like to have some info showing as well if possible. Is there no option within the skin to show some more views or to set a default view by content type? If not, is there an addon that will work with this skin to add some more views?

Thanks!

Sorry, no there will not be any extra view types. The whole point of the skin is to use a low list viewtype throughout. There are plenty of other skins out there that offer fullscreen views.
(2017-08-25, 12:36)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-08-20, 16:00)meridius Wrote: @jurialmunkey

1. discart
2. trailer
No worries. Take your time Smile

Haha, I was thinking about getting a harmony hub, but so far have just stuck with my tried and tested harmony 650.

To answer your questions. As far as I'm aware tvshows don't support discart or trailers - at least I haven't encountered it. I do find it a bit odd that there doesn't seem to be tvshow discart because having that would actually make a lot of sense.

(2017-08-24, 09:40)xTyD23x Wrote: First off, let me start by saying I absolutely LOVE this skin. It is probably my favorite one that I've ever used. Very clean looking and I love how the widgets integrate. There is, however, one thing that I'm sure I'm overlooking, but would like to change and can't...

Thanks!

Sorry, no there will not be any extra view types. The whole point of the skin is to use a low list viewtype throughout. There are plenty of other skins out there that offer fullscreen views.

No worries! I can definitely live with the low list. I would like to lock the low list view over the poster view. I was looking in the MyVideoNav.xml, but couldn't figure it out. Any way to set the low list view as default instead of the poster view without editing xmls?

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the amazing work on this skin.
I am using this skin on a PC running Windows 10 and everything works very well. However, using 17.4 on the Amazon Fire TV is not working well. One of the dependencies that shows for the skin is the Skin Helper Service. When running this on the Fire TV, the Skin Helper Service keeps giving an error and makes everything else hang. I tried to disable it, but this is not possible in the skin. Thoughts??
(2017-08-19, 03:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: @oattes - yeah with the default setup the idea is to set each widget to the same path as the action of the corresponding menu/submenu item. That way almost everything is directly accessible from the home screen.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Add the 'metadata and artwork module' to your list of dependencies. This will help expose the full configuration of the skin helper artwork configuration to the user.

2. Add the skin helper widgets options to the sub-menu configuration options. This will add further optional 'capabilities' to the configuration of the skin submenu actions. (You've already got the widget options available for the configuration of skin widgets, of course).

cheers, and thanks for such an interesting and well thought out skin.
my addon dialog boxes look like this, and if i remember correctly so do a few others, is there a quick/easy fix?

EDIT - if i revert to estuary dialog boxes are fine as shown below....

windows 10/64, leila

• 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(fuse)neue13