• 45(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
(2017-09-12, 17:59)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-09-11, 19:31)UsefulG Wrote: @Jeroen thanks for adding the option for a Favourites widget, just to let you know when I add the favourites widget from the first list the video addons are listed but you can't open them. With the work around from your previous post I can open them, not a problem for me but just to make you aware.

Hm, that's weird as they should basically do the same thing. I'll take a look what is making the difference. Cheers!
This seems more difficult to tackle than I anticipated, or I am just missing something completely obvious. I guess it has to do with favourites being a source with mixed media, and even non-media items. When I set up a widget source in the skin code I am supposed to tell the skin / Kodi what to do with it, and in which window. With favourites this it could be anything of course, contrary to for example a recently added movies widget where it's clear what needs to happen when you click an item in it.

So I am guessing (again) that when you select one manually from the widgets list, Kodi will "guess" what needs to happen on an individual basis.

I also tried just leaving out any fixed declaration, but it doesn't change anything unfortunately.

As there is another way to do this I will leave it for now and hope to find a solution at some point. I will however include a shortcut to the default widgets sourced from add-ons what provide widget paths. This will at least save you a couple of clicks.

(2017-09-12, 18:55)UsefulG Wrote: @Jeroen I can give more detail if you need it to diagnose the difference.

On a separate note I'm seeing something odd with PVRGuide and PVRChannels, the [media:description] variable which should should ListItem.Plot is just showing the Title of the programme. If I amend the viewguide.xml directly and put ListItem.Plot the plot appears so it looks like something with the variable, is anyone else seeing this? If it is already being looked at then I'll wait but if not I can do some investigation and try to establish which line is causing the issue.

Edit: Doublechecking variable and xml names.
Did you find anything on this? I am not seeing this behaviour and in this variable there's never a fallback to the title so I can't find an explanation for it.
Hello, the date on the main screen, it does not work for me, on android tv, does anyone else have this problem?
(2017-09-13, 17:16)manuelriver36 Wrote: Hello, the date on the main screen, it does not work for me, on android tv, does anyone else have this problem?

Same here...
Are you on the newest version? An issue with the date was fixed recently.
(2017-09-13, 17:25)Jeroen Wrote: Are you on the newest version? An issue with the date was fixed recently.

Yeap, latest version, according to the repo. Still no date on homescreen or all windows. Rebooted and nothing.

Thanks for the support.
Can you try resetting skin settings? I can't reproduce this on 1.2.24
(2017-09-13, 17:25)Jeroen Wrote: Are you on the newest version? An issue with the date was fixed recently.

I'm using 1.2.26 on the Nvidia shield

(2017-09-13, 20:14)Jeroen Wrote: Can you try resetting skin settings? I can't reproduce this on 1.2.24
I just tried it and it is not showing yet. sorry for my bad English
Quote:
(2017-09-13, 13:35)Meschugge Wrote: I`m still dealing with the same problem regarding the artist slideshow on my home screen. I added a log so hopefully this with help you to see where the problem is.
Does it not show any type of artwork? Or just artwork sourced from Artist Slideshow? Can you try disabling Artist Slideshow and check with music you are sure you have artwork for in your library?

I have no idea what is causing this for you. I just checked all the related options again and I just cannot reproduce this Huh

No matter what i set, grid only show the cd-cover on the homescreen...very, very strange! And...by the way...grid still doesn't show the current date...neither in the homescreen or in the other windows.
(2017-09-13, 20:14)Jeroen Wrote: Can you try resetting skin settings? I can't reproduce this on 1.2.24

Oh dear!
That's the dreaded post #666
(2017-09-14, 14:22)Meschugge Wrote:
Quote:
(2017-09-13, 13:35)Meschugge Wrote: I`m still dealing with the same problem regarding the artist slideshow on my home screen. I added a log so hopefully this with help you to see where the problem is.
Does it not show any type of artwork? Or just artwork sourced from Artist Slideshow? Can you try disabling Artist Slideshow and check with music you are sure you have artwork for in your library?

I have no idea what is causing this for you. I just checked all the related options again and I just cannot reproduce this Huh

No matter what i set, grid only show the cd-cover on the homescreen...very, very strange! And...by the way...grid still doesn't show the current date...neither in the homescreen or in the other windows.

Regarding the homescreen player art, could you get this file and drop it in Grid's xml folder? Location <your kodi profile>/addons/skin.grid/xml
Save it as Variables.xml, choose to overwrite when prompted and reboot Kodi afterwards. Let me know if that solves it for you
Created another view...

(2017-09-14, 18:52)Jeroen Wrote: Regarding the homescreen player art, could you get this file and drop it in Grid's xml folder? Location <your kodi profile>/addons/skin.grid/xml
Save it as Variables.xml, choose to overwrite when prompted and reboot Kodi afterwards. Let me know if that solves it for you

Jeroen, I am also having issues with the homescreen fanart player.

I tried your modified Variables.xml file, but still have the same results. I've included an excerpt from kodi.log (debug enabled) that is related...

Code:
15:01:12.608 T:1369437088 WARNING: Create - unsupported protocol(image) in image://http%3a%2f%2fimage.tmdb.org%2ft%2fp%2foriginal%2fuSWzHRan14Kxe7AgbA43CSN1fXw.jpg/
15:01:13.011 T:1858073504   DEBUG: CWebServer[8080]: request received for /jsonrpc
15:01:13.452 T:1369437088   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
15:01:13.453 T:1369437088   DEBUG: CCurlFile::GetMimeType - https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/4982/hdmovielogo/american-gangster-585c300936794.png -> image/png
15:01:13.454 T:1369437088   DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0x55f089d8) https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/4982/hdmovielogo/american-gangster-585c300936794.png
15:01:13.994 T:1858073504   DEBUG: CWebServer[8080]: request received for /jsonrpc
15:01:15.830 T:1369437088   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 3 times.
15:01:15.831 T:1369437088   DEBUG: Caching image 'https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/4982/hdmovielogo/american-gangster-585c300936794.png' to '7/752535dc.png':
15:01:15.831 T:1369437088   DEBUG: cached image 'special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/7/752535dc.png' size 800x310

It downloads and caches the movie logo, and displays it, fine. But never a full-size fanart image as the background. Is this "unsupported protocol(image)" issue related to something else?

Thanks!

Love the skin, btw! Been a huge fan since I started using reFocus years ago.

Neil
Thanks! Nothing skin related in that log excerpt though. The modified Variables.xml is an attempt to solve an issue with artist fanart when playing music.
But isn't the same "mechanism" for displaying fanart being used in the background, whether it's music/artist or movie fanart? Maybe this is another bug to report then...

If I select "FANART SLIDESHOW - XXX" in the Artwork settings, nothing displays on the homescreen, and I get the messages like I posted above. Just the URL is a little different in the unsupported protocol line depending if I select Music Library or Movie Library for the content to display...

Is no one else having this issue? I see the same results on a Rpi2, two different Asus ChromeBox's, and a portable install on Win10. I'd hate to think I messed up a simple config option in all four places to end up with the same issues :S

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Neil
(2017-09-14, 22:27)nmacle01 Wrote: But isn't the same "mechanism" for displaying fanart being used in the background, whether it's music/artist or movie fanart? Maybe this is another bug to report then...
Nope. It's not even about whether it is movie or music fanart, but about random fanart from any source and fanart from playing music. Different variables, different controls, different conditions.

Quote:If I select "FANART SLIDESHOW - XXX" in the Artwork settings, nothing displays on the homescreen, and I get the messages like I posted above. Just the URL is a little different in the unsupported protocol line depending if I select Music Library or Movie Library for the content to display...
Again, nothing skin related in that log excerpt. Link of interest though: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2636905
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10