opus with .ogg ext
Due to android only allowing opus music files with a .ogg extension, I converted my music to that. Kodi krypton (for windows and android) does not add my music to the library. It can't read the tags from the .ogg ext but can from .opus ext. Opus uses vorbis comments so using .ogg ext shouldn't matter right?
Maybe this might help... http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging#Tags_Kodi_reads
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-09-15, 06:01)hatharry Wrote: It can't read the tags from the .ogg ext but can from .opus ext. Opus uses vorbis comments so using .ogg ext shouldn't matter right?
Kodi does need to know what format of metadata tags to look for, and it uses the file extensions for that. With .ogg Kodi attempts to read Vorbis comment format tags, I'm not clear what your files are tagged with.

AKAIK Krypton can add .ogg files to the music library but earlier versions may have issues.
The files are tagged with vorbis comments. Mediainfo say the container is ogg with the .opus ext renaming the file to .ogg works fine in Google music player with tags. The files play fine with Kodi but never gets added to the library. Kodi needs to be changed to handle .ogg as a container not just containing vorbis but also opus.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
opus with .ogg ext0