• 187(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2017-09-24, 18:13)Calitar Wrote: Yesterday my Watch Later menu item suddenly disappeared. Today I figured out a work-around to get it back. I set my custom Watch Later playlist id as "WL" (without quotes) and it works. Most likely Google changed something to break the default setting (assuming I'm not the only person this happened to).

I am having the same problem, watch later has recently disappeared, and I am wondering where it is that the "WL" is entered so I can try this as well.
(2017-09-27, 01:11)DParsons Wrote: I am having the same problem, watch later has recently disappeared, and I am wondering where it is that the "WL" is entered so I can try this as well.

Right-click on YouTube in your add-ons list. Then "Settings" -> "Folders" -> "Custom Watch Later ID"
ive always issues with this addon and it gets really frustrating.

first it was the daily quote exeeded issue. made a personal api and it worked. not the addon fault tho.

then i get get directory errors where it crashes completely.

then my subscriptions are gone from one day to the next. try a few different versions and find a reddit thread where people have the same issue and found out only version 5.4.2 works.

download the 5.4.2 version and disable automatic updates and it works again.

worked maybe a week or half a week and now its completely down again with get directory errors. cant enter the addon.

tried other versions- same mistake. unabled all addons like vice etc which use the youtube addon and uninstall youtube. install version 5.4.5 out of the official kodi repo. same mistake.

go to my rasperry pi- same mistake. go to my tablet- same mistake.

i doubt its a connection error. all other addons which use the net work.

i really like the addon and am thankful it even exists and that people put their time into it but idk if i want to continue using it.
(2017-09-27, 05:45)Joe23rep Wrote: ive always issues with this addon and it gets really frustrating.

If you 'have always had issues' then it suggests to me that something is fundamentally not right on your side, especially since you state that the problem exists across different platforms and OS (RPi, Tablet, etc).

Also, hundreds of thousands of other users don't have these problems (eg: apart from when we started hitting the API limits, I have used the addon daily for years, without issues).

I wouldn't suggest going to reddit or other such forums because you may receive misinformation and incorrect help or advice there.

This is the Official thread, where the developers are, and yet this is your first post here regarding any problems...

Please see the following from the FAQ in Post #3 on Page #1 here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2299963

* HOW TO DELETE THE YOUTUBE ADDON AND DO A CLEAN INSTALL

After you have done this please update to the latest version 5.4.5 from the Official Kodi Repo.

Please also be sure to follow the instructions in Post #2 and Post #3 regarding logging in with your Personal API Key, because this can affect the situation regarding subscriptions not showing.

If you still have problems after this please provide a full debug log: http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
thanks. deleted the folders on all 3 devices and did a fesh install with my api and it works for now. now i can only hope it stays this way.

do you know what causes the (get directory) error? and why does it happen at the same time on 3 different devices even though all other add ons and iptv works.
No, I have no idea, and I have not experienced that error myself. However if you wait until later in the day someone with more expertise in this area should be able to comment.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I was at a similar point not too long ago with the plugin.
As it turned out the one major annoying problem (reported somewhere in this thread) I had was caused by the skin I used back then. Gone after switching to another one. Some other errors like not loading properly where completely gone after I did a fresh install of kodi without all the other addons I didn't use anyway.
debug_log (wiki) would be great

Jeff
Small kick of my issue.
Quote:I've searched the thread but haven't been able to find the answer.

I've configured MPEG-DASH and the adaptive stream and it works because I can view Youtube content even in 1080p, however whenever I skip forward in a video I will lose sound for 5 seconds. After that it will start playing again.
Is there a way to

Windows: 10
Kodi: 17.4
Youtube: 5.4.5
I have exactly the same issue with KODi 18 and Android. Regarding to other Addons with Dash i haven't made this experience
@qwertyy, what is the other addons, for example? I would try also
Well, i just know german addons, mostly with geoblocking or paid one like dazn
Hi can we please have the old behavior of subtitles back? I really don't like the autogenerated subtitles, they are rarely correct and are distracting if they are wrong. It was working perfectly before when you could select available langues from the video. Maybe have option to not use autogenerated subs and only use those attached to the video.
It think it could work like this, if the video has English subtitles use those or any other language (from kodi settings) and if there are no subtitles for selected kodi languages don't ever use autogenerated.

Autogenerated subtitles are now priority and you are served with English autogenerated even when there are English subtitles available. Example here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiUq5xksJy0&t=5s
It could be solved by option to use or don't use autogenerated subs. Thank you for considering this because now I just have to disable subtitles completely.
I use this plugin ALLLLLL the time. I almost strictly use it to view my Liked Videos....to entertain friends while we hang out mostly. Is there any way to:

1) get more results per page
2) go to the last page or sort oldest to newest
3) search within a section (Liked in my case)

Thanks for any pointers to make it easier to basically bookmark internet videos for later viewing.
(2017-09-28, 07:43)Rouzax Wrote: Small kick of my issue.
Quote:I've configured MPEG-DASH and the adaptive stream and it works because I can view Youtube content even in 1080p, however whenever I skip forward in a video I will lose sound for 5 seconds. After that it will start playing again.

(2017-09-28, 18:15)qwertyy Wrote: I have exactly the same issue with KODi 18 and Android. Regarding to other Addons with Dash i haven't made this experience

@jdf76, would you comment, please? Anybody? Same issue here
  • 187(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12