• 33(current)
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
@clarkss12 - it would make sense that it is showing the ota channels as you created a channel list. In the zap2epg addon, change to Comcast, then go to the channel list option and see if the Comcast channels come up for selecting. You should get a prompt first that says "existing channel list detected - do you want to download a new list" say yes to this and see if the channels available change. If so, then go ahead and put your lineup back to over the air, and run the channel list option again and select the OTA channels you want to keep.

Then, go ahead and run zap2epg from within the addon and see if you get a prompt when finished saying if it created the xmltv.xml file with XX channels and XX episodes. If you do - then you're all set and you just need to setup the grabber in tvheadend.

Thanks for testing!

@stephr1 - this version should be working and is worth testing. I am running it a a number of systems and all seems fine. The testing process for new installs is what I need feedback on to see if I need to make any changes to instructions or settings to easily get people up and running. If you could test I would appreciate it. You don't have to set it up in tvheadend if you don't want to - just install the zap2rpg addon, setup your zipcode and lineup and then run it from the addon to see if it generates an xmltv.xml file. The channel list is optional. Thanks!
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
Appreciate all your effort on this. Don't know if it matters, but I got a complete download last night/early this morning with xtra details enabled and 14 days. Hmmmmm...something about if it ain't broke, don't fix it....

Glad to test it out. The only place I would use it consistently is with my RPI 3/OSMC system, so I'll test it there and on my Win 10 sys. I also have a Fedora 26 system. Can I/should I test it there, as well?

Cheers.....

(2017-10-31, 15:37)edit4ever Wrote: @clarkss12 - it would make sense that it is showing the ota channels as you created a channel list. In the zap2epg addon, change to Comcast, then go to the channel list option and see if the Comcast channels come up for selecting. You should get a prompt first that says "existing channel list detected - do you want to download a new list" say yes to this and see if the channels available change. If so, then go ahead and put your lineup back to over the air, and run the channel list option again and select the OTA channels you want to keep.

Then, go ahead and run zap2epg from within the addon and see if you get a prompt when finished saying if it created the xmltv.xml file with XX channels and XX episodes. If you do - then you're all set and you just need to setup the grabber in tvheadend.

Thanks for testing!

@stephr1 - this version should be working and is worth testing. I am running it a a number of systems and all seems fine. The testing process for new installs is what I need feedback on to see if I need to make any changes to instructions or settings to easily get people up and running. If you could test I would appreciate it. You don't have to set it up in tvheadend if you don't want to - just install the zap2rpg addon, setup your zipcode and lineup and then run it from the addon to see if it generates an xmltv.xml file. The channel list is optional. Thanks!
RPi2 / LibreElec 8.0

my system is working great so far with the new zap2epg addon. got it setup no problem very easy to understand.
i have been trying to download the channels list and found an issue. The channel list is does not include the sub channels even though they show on the Zap2it site for the same lineup. Example: Your channel list shows WTOLDT but not WTOLDT2 or WTOLDT3. all show on the Zap2it list.

Another improvement but not critical would be to show more info from the Zap2it on your lineup: your lineup truncates the last bit. Included what the Zap2it site shows and what your line up shows.

Zap2it
AT&T U-verse TV - Digital (Toledo)
Time Warner Cable - Cable (Findlay)
Time Warner Cable - Digital Rebuild (Findlay)
Time Warner Cable - Digital (Findlay)
Time Warner Cable - Cable (Fostoria)
Time Warner Cable - Digital Rebuild (Fostoria)
Time Warner Cable - Digital (Fostoria)
Watch TV - Digital (Lima)

Your line up
AT&T U-verse TV - Digital
Time Warner Cable - Cable
Time Warner Cable - Digital Rebuild
Time Warner Cable - Digital
Time Warner Cable - Cable
Time Warner Cable - Digital Rebuild
Time Warner Cable - Digital
Watch TV - Digital
"zap2rpg" addon?? What's that?

Just want to confirm that what I need to download is the 0.7.5 version. True? Also, do I need to delete the 2 script.module.zap2xml folders (along with the setting.xml file) before I install the latest version? Or should I be able to do it thru an upgrade?

(2017-10-31, 15:37)edit4ever Wrote: @stephr1 - this version should be working and is worth testing. I am running it a a number of systems and all seems fine. The testing process for new installs is what I need feedback on to see if I need to make any changes to instructions or settings to easily get people up and running. If you could test I would appreciate it. You don't have to set it up in tvheadend if you don't want to - just install the zap2rpg addon, setup your zipcode and lineup and then run it from the addon to see if it generates an xmltv.xml file. The channel list is optional. Thanks!
@stephr - depends on what you are trying to do. I you want to test the new setup - it's called zap2epg and is an entirely new addon. You can even leave the old zap2xml setup in place and try out the new one. For testing in tvheadend, just turn off the zap2xml grabber and turn on the new zap2epg grabber once you have gone through the setup. :-)
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
(2017-11-01, 04:28)hagertyoh Wrote: i have been trying to download the channels list and found an issue.  The channel list is does not include the sub channels even though they show on the Zap2it site for the same lineup.  Example: Your channel list shows  WTOLDT but not  WTOLDT2 or  WTOLDT3. all show on the Zap2it list.

Another improvement but not critical would be to show more info from the Zap2it on your lineup: your lineup truncates the last bit.   Included what the Zap2it site shows and what your line up shows.

Thanks for the heads up on these - I'll have to look into how they are providing the data as I don't strup anything, it just loads what the site gives it.  However, the dialog box might be cutting something off on the lineup list.

For the subchannels, that's weird...what zipcode is this - I'd like to review what it is happening.  Could be an issue with the new website as well - similar to the problem they have not listing the subchannel minor numbers.
(2017-11-01, 15:57)edit4ever Wrote:
(2017-11-01, 04:28)hagertyoh Wrote: i have been trying to download the channels list and found an issue.  The channel list is does not include the sub channels even though they show on the Zap2it site for the same lineup.  Example: Your channel list shows  WTOLDT but not  WTOLDT2 or  WTOLDT3. all show on the Zap2it list.

Another improvement but not critical would be to show more info from the Zap2it on your lineup: your lineup truncates the last bit.   Included what the Zap2it site shows and what your line up shows.

Thanks for the heads up on these - I'll have to look into how they are providing the data as I don't strup anything, it just loads what the site gives it.  However, the dialog box might be cutting something off on the lineup list.

For the subchannels, that's weird...what zipcode is this - I'd like to review what it is happening.  Could be an issue with the new website as well - similar to the problem they have not listing the subchannel minor numbers.
 Zip code 45840.  The lineup with the issue is timewarner.  The ota lineup works.
I had to find it first by tracking back in these postings.....wasn't where I expected...on Github....Got it now. The version I have is 0.2.0-2017-10-27. Is that the right one? Will let you know my results.

As a side note, I downloaded version 0.7.5 and I ended up "breaking" my setup after I had gotten it working again Sad Must have missed some ownership or permission settings. Worst case, I'll have to go back to 0.7.1 (I think).

Cheers....

(2017-11-01, 15:55)edit4ever Wrote: @stephr - depends on what you are trying to do. I you want to test the new setup - it's called zap2epg and is an entirely new addon. You can even leave the old zap2xml setup in place and try out the new one. For testing in tvheadend, just turn off the zap2xml grabber and turn on the new zap2epg grabber once you have gone through the setup. :-)
OK. After dealing with a Unix/DOS file format issue in tv_grab_zap2epg I finally got it to run...sort of Sad Here's the log file output:

2017/11/01 16:48:57 Running zap2epg for zipcode: 94086 and lineup: Local Over the Air Broadcast
2017/11/01 16:48:57 Parsing 1509577200.json.gz
2017/11/01 16:48:57 Parsing 1509588000.json.gz
2017/11/01 16:48:57 Parsing 1509598800.json.gz

....snip, snip, snip.....

2017/11/01 16:49:03 Parsing 1509922800.json.gz
2017/11/01 16:49:03 Exception: main
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2epg/zap2epg.py", line 547, in mainRun
content = f.read()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/gzip.py", line 261, in read
self._read(readsize)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/gzip.py", line 303, in _read
self._read_gzip_header()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/gzip.py", line 197, in _read_gzip_header
raise IOError, 'Not a gzipped file'
IOError: Not a gzipped file

Fairly serious error becuz it leaves my HDHomeRun tuner LEDs flashing which means the tuner(s) have been accessed, but not gracefully managed. Any ideas?

Just reran V.0.7.5 and that seems to be working...to a point. need to wait and see if the tvguide.xml file actually gets updated.

Cheers...

(2017-11-01, 18:45)stephr1 Wrote: I had to find it first by tracking back in these postings.....wasn't where I expected...on Github....Got it now. The version I have is 0.2.0-2017-10-27. Is that the right one? Will let you know my results.

As a side note, I downloaded version 0.7.5 and I ended up "breaking" my setup after I had gotten it working again Sad Must have missed some ownership or permission settings. Worst case, I'll have to go back to 0.7.1 (I think).

Cheers....

(2017-11-01, 15:55)edit4ever Wrote: @stephr - depends on what you are trying to do. I you want to test the new setup - it's called zap2epg and is an entirely new addon. You can even leave the old zap2xml setup in place and try out the new one. For testing in tvheadend, just turn off the zap2xml grabber and turn on the new zap2epg grabber once you have gone through the setup. :-)
@stephr - that is a very interesting error. It seems like it was working but then hit an issue with one of the data files being corrupt. Would love it if you could find the 1509922800.json.gz file and post it somewhere for me to download (or PM it to me). I'd like to take a look at what happened in it.

On the bright side - it points to the fact that I missed a bit of code to handle a file error - so I'll fix that and post an update soon. Thanks!

Looks like the issue with the WTOLD subchannels is due to those channels not being listed on all the cable lineups - only some have them.  I see all the subchannels on the OTA lineup and the digital rebuilds for time warner - they just bury those channel in the upper 900s!!
The issue with the lineup listings is an easy fix.  Looks like the data for the location is appended from a different key in the json data.  I will fix in the next test release.
Thanks!
OK - the fix is in. Here is the latest test release:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ulbrxe1xyl0457...2.zip?dl=0

It contains fixes for the location labels, JSON file errors and for handling a setup without a channels list.

Please let me know how it goes for you. Thanks!
(2017-11-02, 02:17)stephr1 Wrote: Fairly serious error becuz it leaves my HDHomeRun tuner LEDs flashing which means the tuner(s) have been accessed, but not gracefully managed. Any ideas?
Strange as nothing in my addon accesses a tuner at all.  It actually can be run on any system seperate if you want from the system with the tuners on it.
Give my update a try and see if that works for you.
Update (11/03/17)

Unfortunately, after I made the previous posting (below), I tried rerunning tv_grab_zap2epg and got a different result (and any reference to the 1509922800.json.gz is gone and I have no idea where, if anywhere, that file was stored). Here's the most recent log file error info:

....snip...snip....snip...
2017/11/01 17:07:28 Could not parse data for: MV000412350000 - deleting file  -  ''
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2epg/zap2epg.py", line 338, in parseXdetails
   JSONcontent = urllib2.urlopen(URLcontent).read()
 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
   return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 431, in open
   response = self._open(req, data)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 449, in _open
   '_open', req)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
   result = func(*args)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1240, in https_open
   context=self._context)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1200, in do_open
   r = h.getresponse(buffering=True)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1111, in getresponse
   response.begin()
 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 444, in begin
   version, status, reason = self._read_status()
 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 408, in _read_status
   raise BadStatusLine(line)
BadStatusLine: ''
2017/11/01 17:07:28 Downloading details data for: SH02802629
....snip...snip....snip...

The 2nd time was an incomplete download, as well Sad  Have not rerun zap2epg since. When I get some more time, I'll try and track down the webpage(s) that discussed the previous error (about the 1st 2 bytes of a gzip file).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will do on the file. I did a search on the web and someone suggested a way to handle this kind of error in Python. It had to do with whether or not the 1st 2 bytes of the file were certain value/sequence valid for gzip. Not sure if that applies in this particular case. I'll have to go back and see if I can find the link to pass along to you.

Good news is I had a successful download last night using .0.7.5.  14 days and xtra details enabled Smile

(2017-11-02, 15:51)edit4ever Wrote: @stephr - that is a very interesting error.  It seems like it was working but then hit an issue with one of the data files being corrupt.  Would love it if you could find the 1509922800.json.gz file and post it somewhere for me to download (or PM it to me).  I'd like to take a look at what happened in it.

On the bright side - it points to the fact that I missed a bit of code to handle a file error - so I'll fix that and post an update soon.  Thanks!
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC4