• 47(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
@Xycl

Hello,

Thank you for this plug-in. This is is a great job.

Could you tell me if/how it's possible somehow to :
- Get all the pictures from a randomly selected folder. The purpose of this request is to visualize all the pictures related to one event from the past. This idea is because usually people stores the pictures  in a folder for a given event. Then, we can use kodi to show all the pictures from a random past event in a photo frame.
- Get some logic to manage several pictures selection methods together. In my case, I would like for example to get a script that looks for the pictures from the last 100 days or from a given folder. However if the pictures cannot be found for those choices, then the script chooses another pictures selection method (random folder selections for example ;-)
- Get the folder name as displayed caption on the pictures. Usually, the folder name refers to the event but the photos still have the name with number generated by the camera (so not really meaningful)

Thank you
(2017-11-01, 22:53)auredor Wrote: @Xycl

Hello,

- Get all the pictures from a randomly selected folder. The purpose of this request is to visualize all the pictures related to one event from the past. This idea is because usually people stores the pictures  in a folder for a given event. Then, we can use kodi to show all the pictures from a random past event in a photo frame.
- Get some logic to manage several pictures selection methods together. In my case, I would like for example to get a script that looks for the pictures from the last 100 days or from a given folder. However if the pictures cannot be found for those choices, then the script chooses another pictures selection method (random folder selections for example ;-)
- Get the folder name as displayed caption on the pictures. Usually, the folder name refers to the event but the photos still have the name with number generated by the camera (so not really meaningful)

Thank you

The idea of MyPicsDB is to display tagged pictures. Not to display pictures in folders.
Therefore tag your images and use the filter wizard
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
(2017-07-04, 11:26)heula Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 12:28)Xycl Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 09:38)asplundj Wrote: I'm also interested in this. Or a possibility to search for new pictures when running Mypicturesdatabase without a monitor. Usually when I add photos I don't have my kodi box connected to the monitor (which I hide away when I don't watch it) and I want to initiate a search whenever I add photos.

Johan

MyPicsDB Update Service 
It still is not working for me. I have found a setting intialise databse at startup addon but that will be automaticly disabled an does not stick. What I want is the addon to search for new images at the start of Kodi without having to open the addon itself first.
That is because I have set the widget "show last 50 images" to show for my picture button in the main menu.

Also the option pop-up scan dialog setting does nothing. What should this do when it works?

You can install the MyPicsDB Update Service which is part of my repository.
No log no help.
(2017-10-23, 19:43)ködi-zömbie Wrote: Anyone else has a bug in browsing pictures by folders ? I can see all (about11k) pics by tags, time, etc... Only browse by folders isnt working

Please provide a debug log.
No log no help.
(2017-09-03, 12:49)korben1 Wrote: Hello,

I have exactly the same question: for every picture, let's say image.jpg, I have a xmp sidecar file image.xmp which contains the xmp metadata. It seems this plugin can't read from that file. I'm also new, do I have to change the configuration or is it not possible at the moment ?

Why do you have a sidecar file?
IMO the only reason to use one is a raw picture format.
No log no help.
(2017-11-11, 20:48)Xycl Wrote:
(2017-11-01, 22:53)auredor Wrote: @Xycl

Hello,

Thank you

The idea of MyPicsDB is to display tagged pictures. Not to display pictures in folders.
Therefore tag your images and use the filter wizard 
Tank you for your reply.

Ok I understand the way I should setup my pictures. But then it would be very interesting to get the possibility to:
- start the App with all the pictures from a given Tag but this Tag has been selected randomly at Kodi start
- give a sequence of reading options. For example, read all the pictures of a given tag, then all the pictures of another reading tag and then the Last 50 pictures. Of course, this means that the pictures of a given reading option are only read once (but eventualy randomly)

Thanks.
Hi,

Thanks for a great plugin!
One question I have about refreshing process.
I have added a directory with 6000~ photos (about 300 mobile videos) and this is not even half of what i plan on adding.
Everything works great expect each time I open the plugin a "refreshing" process start which go over all the 6000 files each time.
I can still use the plugin and view the pictures but there is a banner/Kodi notification at the top which show the percentage of the refreshing process ("MyPicture Database (refreshing/preparing) (20.31%)  filename.jpg").
It can take minutes to finish (I think more then 15 minutes) and probably also takes resources.

1. What is the refreshing process? Can it be disabled or set to run only when Kodi starts and not each time the plugin opens?
2. Is there a way to disable the Kodi notification at the top?

I am running Kodi 17.5 on win 8 (I7 intel NUC, SSD, 8GB)
(2017-11-12, 10:05)auredor Wrote: Tank you for your reply.

Ok I understand the way I should setup my pictures. But then it would be very interesting to get the possibility to:
- start the App with all the pictures from a given Tag but this Tag has been selected randomly at Kodi start
- give a sequence of reading options. For example, read all the pictures of a given tag, then all the pictures of another reading tag and then the Last 50 pictures. Of course, this means that the pictures of a given reading option are only read once (but eventualy randomly)

Thanks. 
Good ideas, but currently I don't have the time to do it.
No log no help.
(2017-11-15, 15:34)exitace Wrote: Hi,

I have added a directory with 6000~ photos (about 300 mobile videos) and this is not even half of what i plan on adding.
Everything works great expect each time I open the plugin a "refreshing" process start which go over all the 6000 files each time.
I can still use the plugin and view the pictures but there is a banner/Kodi notification at the top which show the percentage of the refreshing process ("MyPicture Database (refreshing/preparing) (20.31%)  filename.jpg").
It can take minutes to finish (I think more then 15 minutes) and probably also takes resources.

1. What is the refreshing process? Can it be disabled or set to run only when Kodi starts and not each time the plugin opens?

1. I need screenshots of your MyPicsDB configuration or the MyPicsDB configuration file. Did you add the MyPicsDB Update Service?
2. No you cannot disable the notification but it will be automatically hidden when starting a video.
No log no help.
Thanks Xycl!
Yes it is hidden on playback but since it's running for a long time and keep changing few times every second it can't be ignored and wreck my beautiful skin (which took hours to customize to perfection).
After adding all of my pics basicly there will be an endless banner flickering at the top... Also it's not very "wife friendly" Smile

Addon Settings

(2017-11-15, 15:34)exitace Wrote: Hi,

I would add one more a little bit annoying behavior: it is displayed notification box at the bottom of the screen about update process even when no changes are done in the pictures database: no added new pictures, no modifications, no removals. This notification is even presented when watching a movie.
I guess some database update process is constantly running in the background but: would it be possible to make this notification hidden when all changes (add/modification/delete) are equal zero?
No one is able to answer the questions how to disable notifications displayed for refreshing / scanning MyPicture Database? This plugin is great but it is really annoying to see those notifications. It should be customization to disable them.
Same issue and question for me here.
Yes, annoying.
you can stop the service and do the scan manually only when needed
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1