• 25(current)
Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
(2017-11-05, 19:57)TeDeV Wrote: hi dalanik,

i have a few hours to test the addon once again.

i installed the 3.9 and now the ambilight is not working at all. just white light.

i have 4 bulbs and the addon looks like it believes that bulb 3 and bulb 4 is the same bulb even though it finds it with different IP.

can you please tell me how to completely remove the addon and delete leftovers from configurations so that i can install it again?

thanks

Uninstall addon from kodi, and you can delete the settings from folder in userdata. See kodi Wiki for info where that is on your OS.
(2017-11-05, 20:14)DaLanik Wrote: Uninstall addon from kodi, and you can delete the settings from folder in userdata. See kodi Wiki for info where that is on your OS.

yeap error continue. i have set 4 bulbs (even 3 have problems) it tells me to check the error log file and the kodi crashes.

do you have a log file of your own that you keep somewhere so that i can upload it?
I must say, that You just did an excellent job, Congratulations!!!

With the 3.9 version it looks incredible smooth, well done.

BTW, a few days ago I got a new firmware for my strips (I just say, because I really miss the turning off effect, maybe they fixed it)

Thanks again, and have  nice day.
(2017-11-05, 20:45)TeDeV Wrote:
(2017-11-05, 20:14)DaLanik Wrote: Uninstall addon from kodi, and you can delete the settings from folder in userdata. See kodi Wiki for info where that is on your OS.

yeap error continue. i have set 4 bulbs (even 3 have problems) it tells me to check the error log file and the kodi crashes.

do you have a log file of your own that you keep somewhere so that i can upload it?

just upload it to according to the docs.... http://kodi.wiki/view/log_file
i reconfigured everything from the start. it is working just fine now. i checked the ambilight new options.

what's the ambi precision? (if i had to guess it would be how accurate the color is.... but what do we "earn" from each option there? i mean should i set it to ultra high?)

is the smoother ambi effect best when it is on 90 or is it just me?

what are the controllers? and why can we set many?

(i know what the controller URLs are, i asked for them Smile ) 

this new version seems to be working much better. great work man
(2017-11-05, 22:21)TeDeV Wrote: i reconfigured everything from the start. it is working just fine now. i checked the ambilight new options.

what's the ambi precision? (if i had to guess it would be how accurate the color is.... but what do we "earn" from each option there? i mean should i set it to ultra high?)

is the smoother ambi effect best when it is on 90 or is it just me?

what are the controllers? and why can we set many?

(i know what the controller URLs are, i asked for them Smile ) 

this new version seems to be working much better. great work man

OK, I'm glad it's working. I just tested on Win and Android and to me also seems it's working fine. Now the questions Smile

Ambi precision (decided to call it that) is pretty complex. You get the picture from Kodi. And you process it, count the colors, get the average color, brightness etc. This picture is ofcourse NOT in native resolution, because it would take too much time to process full HD image, and there are like 24 a second Smile So, you request the image in smaller size. The examples I saw were like 16 pixels wide. Excellent for fast processing. So the image, in scaling is losing information. It has some algorithm to compensate for the color etc. But how much can we trust that algorithm? Info is lost in all cases. Best would be if we could process full image, but that would take too much time. I think the theory here is the bigger the image, the closer to original it is. So this option sets the processed image's size in pixels, wide. You can lower it if there are speed problems. I woudn't expect earth shattering results with Ultra high setting compared to Regular. But it should be precise.

I was very sceptical on smoothen option, but couple of weeks ago I tested it and it looked better. From what I tried even 100-120 is good.

Controllers are for my own use, I have tablet that controls the Yeelights. It has several screens, one with on off switches for all lights and second for remote control of Kodi (just widget from Yatse). These controller options send command to tablet so it switches screen from switches to kodi control, when you play a movie (also there is a nice poster of the movie etc). I get it by Tasker and execute command.
(2017-10-26, 21:12)DaLanik Wrote:
(2017-10-26, 19:18)Nicholask Wrote: Hi,
I have a yeelight Ceiling light. Everything is working except return to original state (tried with "stop playing") which doesn't restore to previous state, but change the lighting to a little higher, maybe 30 or 40 while my original state was 100. Is there anything you can do?
Kodi 17.4
Thank you.

return to original state on STOP, I suppose?

It looks like I was not clear on describing the problem. I just have one ceiling light. I do the following with the add-on:
1. On video play: Dim the light to 20
2. On video stop: return to original state

Then I play a video. YeeMee dims the Ceiling light from 100 to 20. I stop the video, nothing happens.
So I try something else. I open the settings under "on video stop", then change the settings so it changes the brightness to 50. Then I try again. This time, when I stop the video, it changes the brightness successfully to 50 (which is obvious).
Here is the problem: Strangely, when I change the setting to "return to original state" under "on video stop", and play a video (brightness changes from 100 to 20), then stop the video, it doesn't revert to 100, but it CHANGES the brightness from 20 to 50, the setting which I chose few minutes ago and not visible because I chose "revert to original state".
This is reproducible under both "on video pause" and "on video stop". which means "return to original state" pulls the value of (now)invisible brightness setting instead of remembering the original state.

Is it clear?
(2017-11-06, 00:31)Nicholask Wrote:
(2017-10-26, 21:12)DaLanik Wrote:
(2017-10-26, 19:18)Nicholask Wrote: Hi,
I have a yeelight Ceiling light. Everything is working except return to original state (tried with "stop playing") which doesn't restore to previous state, but change the lighting to a little higher, maybe 30 or 40 while my original state was 100. Is there anything you can do?
Kodi 17.4
Thank you.

return to original state on STOP, I suppose?

It looks like I was not clear on describing the problem. I just have one ceiling light. I do the following with the add-on:
1. On video play: Dim the light to 20
2. On video stop: return to original state

Then I play a video. YeeMee dims the Ceiling light from 100 to 20. I stop the video, nothing happens.
So I try something else. I open the settings under "on video stop", then change the settings so it changes the brightness to 50. Then I try again. This time, when I stop the video, it changes the brightness successfully to 50 (which is obvious).
Here is the problem: Strangely, when I change the setting to "return to original state" under "on video stop", and play a video (brightness changes from 100 to 20), then stop the video, it doesn't revert to 100, but it CHANGES the brightness from 20 to 50, the setting which I chose few minutes ago and not visible because I chose "revert to original state".
This is reproducible under both "on video pause" and "on video stop". which means "return to original state" pulls the value of (now)invisible brightness setting instead of remembering the original state.

Is it clear?

OK, I have to test it a bit more Smile Did you download and try the latest version?
@dalanik do you consider for future releases to include an addon for xiaomi gateway? for example.... i have some xiaomi smart plugs on which i have some lights on (in order to make them "smart")
i would like to turn them off when a movie starts

xiaomi gateway has a developer mode and can accept lan commands.
or maybe a way to call rest api with parameters. 
i have openhab2 connected to my xiaomi gateway and through the rest api i can control the status of the items.

right now i am using your url links to call IFTTT commands through webhooks in order to do what i want. it works fine but i would prefer it if it was going through lan and not through internet.

also i THINK that the colors that the bulbs are showing as ambilight are now more accurate than before. maybe the whole experience will get even better with the V2 of the bulbs which is coming up.

once again thanks. your addon makes these bulbs so much cooler.
(2017-11-06, 11:24)TeDeV Wrote: @dalanik do you consider for future releases to include an addon for xiaomi gateway? for example.... i have some xiaomi smart plugs on which i have some lights on (in order to make them "smart")
i would like to turn them off when a movie starts

xiaomi gateway has a developer mode and can accept lan commands.
or maybe a way to call rest api with parameters. 
i have openhab2 connected to my xiaomi gateway and through the rest api i can control the status of the items.

right now i am using your url links to call IFTTT commands through webhooks in order to do what i want. it works fine but i would prefer it if it was going through lan and not through internet.

also i THINK that the colors that the bulbs are showing as ambilight are now more accurate than before. maybe the whole experience will get even better with the V2 of the bulbs which is coming up.

once again thanks. your addon makes these bulbs so much cooler.

If it has LAN control then it should be feasible. I'll google around for some docs, but since I don't have the gateway it would be really difficult to test...
this might help

http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/...eadme.html
(2017-11-06, 12:17)TeDeV Wrote: this might help

http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/...eadme.html

After reviewing the documentation and googling around for info on Gateway, I must say that it seems much more complex than the yeelight bulbs and that it's not going to happen, especially since I don't have the gateway and don't plan getting one.
no problem! thank you for checking it out.

i am hoping we can see the V2 bulb soon. gearbest messed an order of mine so i have to give two of my bulbs away to someone and i don't want to order new one now since we are "close" to the release of the new version
I have installed the plugin 3.9 yesterday and I really love how easy it was to recoginze my bulb. At this moment I have only one bulb attached but somehow it doesn't seem to respond to the ambient functionality. The moment I turn on a movie the bulb will start to glow a solid color (the last color I have used by the YeeLight app). The moment I stop the video the bulb will turn of again.

I have tried multiple things, like reinstalling the bulb, reinstalling the plugin and removing the userdata folder with ssh. I'm running this plugin on openelec (raspberry pi).
Anyone a clue what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
(2017-11-08, 15:05)Hallo409 Wrote: I have installed the plugin 3.9 yesterday and I really love how easy it was to recoginze my bulb. At this moment I have only one bulb attached but somehow it doesn't seem to respond to the ambient functionality. The moment I turn on a movie the bulb will start to glow a solid color (the last color I have used by the YeeLight app). The moment I stop the video the bulb will turn of again.

I have tried multiple things, like reinstalling the bulb, reinstalling the plugin and removing the userdata folder with ssh. I'm running this plugin on openelec (raspberry pi).
Anyone a clue what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

It is not commpatible with all hardware... I know on Android you have to check off hardware accelleration under video settings in order to work. It has nothing to do with the Addon itself but with how Kodi implemented RenderCapture function. Somewhere it works, somewhere it doesn't.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2