v17 TMDB returns wrong language for titles
I have a strange problem with Kodi 17.5 and the tmdb scraper.

When I'm using the scraper it returns the wrong languages for the titles. The option to keep the original titles is set to off and my wanted language is set to german. The scraper is getting all other informations like description or the cover correct in the right language.

For example the movie

"Asterix & Obelix - Mission Kleopatra"
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/2899-as...-cl-op-tre
got the titel
"Astérix & Obélix Mission Cléopâtre"

I used the debug option where I could find that the scraper got this URL for the movie
https://api.tmdb.org/3/movie/2899?api_ke...anguage=de

When you look at this page all informations are correct but the scraper do it wrong. It uses the original_title but the option to do this set to off as mentioned earlier.

How can I get the right language for the titles?
Confirmed. This is a bug introduced with one of the latest change while adding a new feature to another scraper.
Fixed now with metadata.common.themoviedb.org scraper v2.17.3 Note that this is not the version of the tmdb scraper itself, but the common scraper library version.
Where can I get this scraper?

Within the original Kodi Addon Repository I can not find this scraper. There are only The Movie Database 4.0.1 and Universal Movie Scraper 2.8.8
(2017-11-10, 21:11)olympia Wrote: Confirmed. This is a bug introduced with one of the latest change while adding a new feature to another scraper.
Fixed now with metadata.common.themoviedb.org scraper v2.17.3 Note that this is not the version of the tmdb scraper itself, but the common scraper library version.

hi olympia, thank you for your support Smile
i have the exact same issue
can we fix this manually or should we wait to be released?
(2017-11-10, 21:37)gasper Wrote: Where can I get this scraper?

Within the original Kodi Addon Repository I can not find this scraper. There are only The Movie Database 4.0.1 and Universal Movie Scraper 2.8.8

You don't need to get this scraper. It is installed in Kodi by default. It should auto-update when the metadata.commons scraper becomes available

Check here... Settings>System Settings>Add-ons>Manage dependencies. There should be an entry in there.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Same problem here. Unfortunately latest available version of metadata.common.themoviedb.org scraper is 2.17.2. How can I update it to 2.17.3?

P.S. Found zip file here, installed it and it works. It's still not available in repository though.
I now have v2.17.3, so it has happened in the last couple of hours.

If you still haven't updated go into Add-ons>My Addons and pull out the left Sideblade menu and select Update Repository. But don't panic, you will get it soon.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Home_screen_and_ba...debar_menu
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes, "Check for updates" from the side panel is almost always forgotten by the moaners.
(2017-11-11, 10:03)olympia Wrote: Yes, "Check for updates" from the side panel is almost always forgotten by the moaners.

Any idea why version of TMDB Movie Scraper under Add-ons>My Addons>Movie information is not the same as Add-ons>My Addons>TV information? The one under "Movie information" is the latest version 5.0.2 but the one under "TV information" is very old 1.4.1.  I would like to make use of TMDB for my TV Shows, how can I get the one under "TV information" update to the latest?
They are not the same because they are different scrapers.

The one in >Movie is for scraping Movies at TMDB
The one in >TV Shows is for scraping TV Shows at TMDB

These are the current TMDB scrapers

TMDB 5.0.2
TMDB tvshows 1.4.1 (if you use TMDB for TV Shows)
TMDB Scraper library 2.17.6 (found in settings>system settings>add-ons>dependencies)
My Signature
(2017-12-04, 09:23)Karellen Wrote: TMDB tvshows 1.4.1
I also found the above return wrong languages for the tv show titles while option to keep the original titles is set to off.  Unlike TMDB 5.0.2 I found it missed the language of zh-TW, it can only select "zh" in the addon while "zh"  always return the results of "zh-CN" from the database, zh-CN and zh-TW are Chinese but people outside China are use "zh-TW" they are different.
See here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306426
My Signature
(2017-12-04, 20:56)Karellen Wrote: See here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306426
 He was missing this from the tv scraper Smile
Ok, gotcha. Thanks Smile
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB returns wrong language for titles0