High CPU usage when kodi 17.1 window not visible
I have the same issue with my iMac. After 2 minutes the temp starts to rise.

The same issue occurs with Kodi 7.3 and 7.4 RC1.
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
Your only hope is trying v18
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I did some reading about this issue with more open workspaces and CPU load, and guess what ! I found something that kind of solved the high CPU issue with my setup.

Turn on : accessibility > display > reduce transparency

see also http://osxdaily.com/2016/01/02/disable-t...-mac-os-x/

can someone confirm this works ?
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
try v16. this version works without pushing temps...
Just tried the latest v18. Same thing here. When the KODI window is on some other screen and not visible it still uses 25% cpu
Anything new on this issue?
Please test http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg
Great work, ill start testing it.

Update 12-11-2017 : Perhaps too early, but this is looking good here. The CPU stays down even when i am doing lots of other stuff on the second workspace. Ill monitor it for a while and report back.
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
@Rechi is this test build a krypton backport already?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-11-13, 09:15)Memphiz Wrote: @Rechi is this test build a krypton backport already?

Yes, otherwise it wouldn't have Krypton in the file name.
(2017-11-13, 12:39)Rechi Wrote:
(2017-11-13, 09:15)Memphiz Wrote: @Rechi is this test build a krypton backport already?

Yes, otherwise it wouldn't have Krypton in the file name. 
sorry i was on my phone and the link was cut ... Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-11-12, 13:07)Rechi Wrote: Please test http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg

After two days of Testing : the mentioned high CPU usage is solved on my system with this build. Excellent work Rechi. Are there other testers who can confirm ?

My system is a Mac mini 2011 Intel HD3000 16GB RAM - Philips led tv - maranz 1403 - flirc and harmony remote
The fix is in Kodi v17.6.

BTW this isn't my work, its FernetMentas, I only backported it to Krypton.
(2017-11-15, 09:15)Rechi Wrote: The fix is in Kodi v17.6.

BTW this isn't my work, its FernetMentas, I only backported it to Krypton.

Thank you FernetMentas and Rechi for your work to solve this anoying problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High CPU usage when kodi 17.1 window not visible0