• 58(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
Indeed, it‘s using local rating when „Kodi Default“ is selected. Didn‘t know that, thank you again.
Quote:Probably a missing fallback condition, will look into it, cheers!
Thanks Jeroen.

Small other question. I have all my movies sorted by 'SortTitle' in Plex. This way e.g. all movies in the X-Men series are nicely put next to each other no matter what the actual title.
Would you consider adding the option to sort by 'SortTitle'?
(2017-11-15, 12:55)joostzilla Wrote: Small other question. I have all my movies sorted by 'SortTitle' in Plex. This way e.g. all movies in the X-Men series are nicely put next to each other no matter what the actual title.

That's not skin specific, but handled by Kodi core. See Settings>Media Settings>General>Ignore articles when sorting
Looks absolutely amazing!

Q: Is it in any way possible to change the green color of background? 
Cause there is no such option in the skin settings.
(2017-11-15, 13:25)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-11-15, 12:55)joostzilla Wrote: Small other question. I have all my movies sorted by 'SortTitle' in Plex. This way e.g. all movies in the X-Men series are nicely put next to each other no matter what the actual title.

That's not skin specific, but handled by Kodi core. See Settings>Media Settings>General>Ignore articles when sorting  
Solved. It now works flawlessly in Kodi icw PlexKodiConnect :-)
(2017-11-17, 09:23)UNCODED.LIFE Wrote: Looks absolutely amazing!

Q: Is it in any way possible to change the green color of background? 
Cause there is no such option in the skin settings.

You can change the colour and you can the background image.
(2017-11-17, 14:38)joostzilla Wrote:
(2017-11-15, 13:25)Jeroen Wrote:

Solved. It now works flawlessly in Kodi icw PlexKodiConnect :-)

Cool
(2017-11-14, 15:11)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-11-14, 10:50)badkarmaboy Wrote: Would it be possible to source the ratings from local info first, before looking it up online? I manage my library with local information only and have the rating populated in my database.
See skin settings > information > Select ratings source. This is a global skin setting.
(2017-11-14, 14:34)joostzilla Wrote: Also i encounter a problem with the rating. Please take a look at the screenshot. At the location of the rating there is a Tag:movies. I use PlexKodiConnect.
Probably a missing fallback condition, will look into it, cheers! 
Unfortunately, I don't see any ratings. Neither Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB option shows anything.
Side note: I use PlexKodi Connect
(2017-11-17, 20:24)Fenderman Wrote:
(2017-11-14, 15:11)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-11-14, 10:50)badkarmaboy Wrote: Would it be possible to source the ratings from local info first, before looking it up online? I manage my library with local information only and have the rating populated in my database.
See skin settings > information > Select ratings source. This is a global skin setting.
(2017-11-14, 14:34)joostzilla Wrote: Also i encounter a problem with the rating. Please take a look at the screenshot. At the location of the rating there is a Tag:movies. I use PlexKodiConnect.
Probably a missing fallback condition, will look into it, cheers! 
Unfortunately, I don't see any ratings. Neither Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB option shows anything.
Side note: I use PlexKodi Connect

They're showing for me. It may take a while before they show up though. Nothing I can do about that, the ratings are pulled in by the Skin Helper add-on and it has had to deal with restraints on traffic because it is causing quite a hit on the sites providing the info.
It has come to a point where I question the practicality and usefulness though, so I will likely remove these rating options from Grid alltogether soon.

For now set the ratings to Kodi default if you can't live without ratings.
Hi

I love this skin, but i would like to specify a background for each "category". Now its just global.

I want one fanart on the homescreen for movies, when its highlited, and another one for tv shows, and another for weather and settings.

As it is now, i can just have fanart slideshow which i cant specify or one global image.

Any fix for this?
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
Also i small request, in horizontal view, i find it a bit disturbing that the submenu in each category is always visible without me pressing down.

In vertical view i have to press movies, and then get the sub menu.

I come to the point that i have deleted all my submenus because i find the skin looks much cleaner without it showing. I love having the option to show, but it should be like vertical i think that i shows when i press the category or on down arrow on remote/keyboard.

PS: i read your FAQ. But it cleary states u need to press a button for the submenu to appear, therefor im having issues with it being the other way around on the horizontal menu.
Quote:Can you make the main menu items in the vertical menu not open the submenu first?
Your response: "No, that is not the way the menu works or can work. Any main menu item that has one or more submenu items will open the submenu first so you can get to it if needed. Press the main menu item one more time to open whatever the main menu's target is set at. Any main menu item without one or more submenu items will open the main menu item's target right away."

TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
(2017-11-20, 14:01)henrikyo Wrote: I want one fanart on the homescreen for movies, when its highlited, and another one for tv shows, and another for weather and settings.
I currently don't have any plans to add this, sorry.

Quote:Any fix for this?
It's not broken Wink

(2017-11-20, 14:29)henrikyo Wrote: Also i small request, in horizontal view, i find it a bit disturbing that the submenu in each category is always visible without me pressing down.

In vertical view i have to press movies, and then get the sub menu.

I come to the point that i have deleted all my submenus because i find the skin looks much cleaner without it showing. I love having the option to show, but it should be like vertical i think that i shows when i press the category or on down arrow on remote/keyboard.

PS: i read your FAQ. But it cleary states u need to press a button for the submenu to appear, therefor im having issues with it being the other way around on the horizontal menu.
Quote:Can you make the main menu items in the vertical menu not open the submenu first?
Your response: "No, that is not the way the menu works or can work. Any main menu item that has one or more submenu items will open the submenu first so you can get to it if needed. Press the main menu item one more time to open whatever the main menu's target is set at. Any main menu item without one or more submenu items will open the main menu item's target right away."

The differences in behaviour between the two menu styles exist because of skinning engine / kodi limitations, and not because of a conscious choice. These might seem trivial things to do, but the home screen / main menu / widgets implementation is actually quite complex. As the menu and widgets are part of the same vertically scrolling container, activating the submenu by pressing down (or clicking) is not possible. Trust me, I have tried to make it happen Wink
@Jeroen I noticed that version 1.3.6 is on github, will you be making the pull request for the official repo or can it be installed over the top of version 1.2.48?
(2017-11-26, 10:52)UsefulG Wrote: @Jeroen I noticed that version 1.3.6 is on github, will you be making the pull request for the official repo or can it be installed over the top of version 1.2.48?

More info on that here.

As to when a new official release is submitted to the Kodi repo, basically when I feel there's a reason to. I am currently working on adding Hubs for the various libraries, that will need to be finished first.
Thanks for the info I wasn’t sure if it would count as a beta release and install with a different name. For anyone wondering I downloaded the skin as a zip file and it installed straight over the top.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10