• 65(current)
Android Passthrough Changes with v17
Quote:17:06:37.815 T:18446744072945662240 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -1243.068925
17:06:37.822 T:18446744072945662240 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -1226.703784
17:06:37.832 T:18446744072945662240 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -1218.251784
17:06:37.837 T:18446744072945662240 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -1019.938075
17:06:37.837 T:18446744072945662240 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -1020.465700
17:06:37.838 T:18446744072945662240 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -1020.969700
17:06:37.838 T:18446744072945662240 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -1021.413908
17:06:37.842 T:18446744072945662240 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -1025.428408
17:06:37.844 T:18446744072945662240 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -1088.559907
17:06:37.845 T:18446744072945662240 WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -1088.559324

The audio driver is off by a lot. Any updates for the box available?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Unfortunately no. And probably never will be.
So, nothing can be done? This will be corrrected only by firmware update?
Not sure if this is the right place or not....updated to Leia nightly from a few nights ago and having just audio issues with stereo setup. I tried the setting to 2.0 trick and fixed and no luck. Do I need a log?

Anything with surround sound works fine. Anything with stereo no sounds.
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
(2017-11-20, 22:05)angelitto Wrote: Unfortunately no. And probably never will be.
So, nothing can be done? This will be corrrected only by firmware update?
 Yes.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-11-20, 17:10)Martijn Wrote: No and there won't be one
The sad thing for me is that getting rid of the "raw" output option does NOT fix the "noise blast" of undecoded Dolby Digital for ALL decoders.  For example, my high-end ribbon speaker system with all analog preamp/amps equipment has a Technics SH-AC500D DD decoder added to it so I can get surround without having to give up my Carver analog only preamp (with Sonic Holography among other things).  That 1990s era decoder simply isn't fast enough to lock onto a Dolby Digital signal instantly and so if I leave it set to "keep audio device alive,' it will still passthrough a momentary speaker noise blast since the processor can't lock on fast enough to prevent it.  I can set KODI to shut the audio device off instead to prevent it (the delay gives it time to lock on), but then I lose the first couple of seconds of audio with music every single time.   Both options basically suck as-is.  But I can't really upgrade the decoder without ditching the all-analog setup for records, etc. since "separates" decoders are largely a thing of the past.

What KODI would need to fix this problem with slower decoders is a "disable audio device only before starting a movie" option that leaves the audio device on all the time for music and non-encoded signals, but shuts it off before starting a signal that is encoded (i.e. a movie) so such older receivers/decoders don't play the undecoded signal.  As it is, with my upstairs system, I have to choose between losing the start of songs or potentially getting a blast of noise each time.  The only way to get both currently is to manually change the audio device setting every single time before switching between movies and music.  In short, the "problem" that caused the "shitty" code to be ditched (using packaging instead of a RAW output) doesn't completely solve the problem for all systems.  The noise blast is still there with the Technics decoder even with packaging.

Similarly, the "shitty" version doesn't cause a noise blast on all receivers (e.g. my Yamaha receiver from 10 years ago will not play a noise blast no matter what setting I use on the shitty version.  That is because it can detect/lock the signal almost instantly so no noise is ever played regardless.  It'd be nice if the option was left up to the user instead of deciding what works for him (when it doesn't at the above example shows).  Instead, I will probably be forced to switch to MrMC at some point in the future instead for my home theater system downstairs since it is much more desirable to have true DTS playback instead of conversion (e.g. True DTS decoding will play 6.1 discrete "ES" movies (I have a couple dozen of these including all the first six Star Wars movies) whereas converted Dolby Digital will reduce them down to 5.1 channels on my receiver that uses TOSLINK).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
You can write a lot of text or just get a decent android/linux/windows device that has proper firmware or drivers
We will NOT go down the road of keeping support where the manufacturer is to blames.

Sorry
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-11-21, 23:08)Martijn Wrote: You can write a lot of text or just get a decent android/linux/windows device that has proper firmware or drivers
We will NOT go down the road of keeping support where the manufacturer is to blames.

Sorry
That doesn't address or solve the problem with blasts of noise that can still occur with the official version with the 'keep audio device alive' setting with some Dolby processors that don't lock-on instantly.

I'd buy a newer KODI box if I could find one that had Amazon Prime + Netflix support and full audio output.  Unless the newer FireTV does better, I wouldn't count on such a device any time soon.  I would still buy another box just for KODI if it had full MVS 3D hardware support, but it seems Windows 10 boxes that can do it have their own update issues plus the official KODI doesn't support hardware 3D MVS regardless so it's the same potential lack of future version support all over again.  As it stands, I'm out of inputs on my receiver anyway so something would have to go in order to add another device at least until I get a newer receiver with more inputs.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2017-11-24, 23:53)VonMagnum Wrote:
(2017-11-21, 23:08)Martijn Wrote: You can write a lot of text or just get a decent android/linux/windows device that has proper firmware or drivers

Sorry
That doesn't address or solve the problem with blasts of noise that can still occur with the official version with the 'keep audio device alive' setting with some Dolby processors that don't lock-on instantly.

I'd buy a newer KODI box if I could find one that had Amazon Prime + Netflix support and full audio output.  Unless the newer FireTV does better, I wouldn't count on such a device any time soon.  I would still buy another box just for KODI if it had full MVS 3D hardware support, but it seems Windows 10 boxes that can do it have their own update issues plus the official KODI doesn't support hardware 3D MVS regardless so it's the same potential lack of future version support all over again.  As it stands, I'm out of inputs on my receiver anyway so something would have to go in order to add another device at least until I get a newer receiver with more inputs.  
For the technical point: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13087/...0ac47ea7be

and for the "shitty" point: It's not real work for me to provide a shitty build - as through my refactoring of the Android Sink it's just a one liner change ... we don't want that users suffer ... but won't put everyone at risk by default obviously ...

See: https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc/commit/9...7d59670b7c
And for the broken float users: https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc/commit/4...5be252b9ed

Just two lines of code - and shitty by default.
Got some problem with certain DVD menus using an older Shitty version (DTSonly Shitty). It is most certainly this issue: https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17299.

Following the comments, it seems 18.0 should be able to overcome this little nuisance. Is there a shitty build of an 18.0 around that might help with this?
I remember there was something like an 18.0 shitty uploaded some months ago, but I could be wrong.
There's no shitty build. Just get the normal nightly and use that
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-11-29, 21:03)Martijn Wrote: There's no shitty build. Just get the normal nightly and use that
Hm, then I would have to toss DTS passthrough in my case. (New Firestick)

Not that great a deal. There's a workaround for the "showing no menus" problem that works in most cases. You can just fast forward till the menu reloads and usually it appears then.
This issue should still be fixed, as it is very annoying, I think, but I'm not giving up DTS for this comparatively minor nuisance.
(2017-11-30, 00:43)HerbertWest Wrote:
(2017-11-29, 21:03)Martijn Wrote: There's no shitty build. Just get the normal nightly and use that

Not that great a deal. There's a workaround for the "showing no menus" problem that works in most cases. You can just fast forward till the menu reloads and usually it appears then.
This issue should still be fixed, as it is very annoying, I think, but I'm not giving up DTS for this comparatively minor nuisance. 
New firestick does not need a shitty build. It does DTS / AC3 by default.
(2017-11-30, 23:04)fritsch Wrote:

I assume that applies to the new FireTV 4K as well?  Does it do proper DTS-HD MA and/or Dolby TrueHD (+ Atmos) as well?  Can it handle true 16/44 music output?  If the answer is yes to some or all these, I might have to get the new FireTV 4K (although I don't think it has the nice SD Card slot the previous one had).
What about the Fire TV 2 box 4K? What's the situation with Kodi v18 and DTS?
(2017-11-30, 23:04)fritsch Wrote:

My Firestick 2017 incl. Alexa didn't do it with official Kodi 17.3, that's why I'm on shitty. I don't know anything about the new 3rd Gen Fire TV, though.

Or does this mean the 18.x nightly versions again include DTS passthrough? With 17.3, DTS wasn't even in the settings on my Kodi/Firestick set.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Changes with v178