• 22(current)
Xbox One Discussion
I'm trying to setup pvrsimpleclient and I get all of my info input then it needs to restart. I disable and enable to restart pvr then kodi crashes. Is there a simple fix for this or a different pvr manager that is working?
Hello twitdaddy

Are you using this on an XBox?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Perhaps a sticky until its resolved?  At least that will curb non regulars from posting the same thing over and over.
(2018-01-10, 03:16)Leonlam3 Wrote: @nexusle 

Exactly! I have been trying to figure this out all day with no avail. It was just removed from thread and left with a rude response. 

@AtomicNinja 

In no way do I want to be rude but all these "if's" and "maybe's" are not what we are inquiring about. We come to the forums to look from answers from people within that knows whats going on. I understand they have a lot going on, as well all do, but that doesnt give them the right to lash out on us for it. If everyone is asking then maybe they should put out an announcement to inform everyone in order to keep it from continuing. Just a suggestion though.
I would agree
(2018-01-10, 03:16)Leonlam3 Wrote: @nexusle 

Exactly! I have been trying to figure this out all day with no avail. It was just removed from thread and left with a rude response. 

@AtomicNinja 

In no way do I want to be rude but all these "if's" and "maybe's" are not what we are inquiring about. We come to the forums to look from answers from people within that knows whats going on. I understand they have a lot going on, as well all do, but that doesnt give them the right to lash out on us for it. If everyone is asking then maybe they should put out an announcement to inform everyone in order to keep it from continuing. Just a suggestion though.
 If you would have looked around the forum and this topic here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326698 you would have known it was made aware of so why should they stop helping others to explain something that has already been made aware of if it was labeled Kodi not is currently not available so get better informed then sit their and assume they didn't inform everyone when they did from that topic in general.
(2018-01-09, 21:01)marmaat Wrote: Hi,

thank you Kodi team for the great work!

I just have a maybe stupid question, I read that:

Can't be implemented
  1. Passthrough audio not working - Not supported by Microsoft for 3rd party apps
So, how is it possible for Netflix to provide Dolby Atmos out on the Xbox One X? Is Netflix not also a 3rd party application?
Or do they have an other solution?

Thanks

At a guess Netflix isn't a UWP app
(2018-01-10, 00:54)nexusle Wrote: Not? So why you don't tell us the reason Kodi isn't in the (beta) Store? I think many of us subscribed to get the latest Kodi builds without knowing to not get the regular version anymore.

Now we have nothing. No regular build and no nightly build.

More whining please. 
We don't know why it disappeared from Store, even Microsoft support doesn't know. What you want to hear?
(2018-01-09, 21:01)marmaat Wrote: So, how is it possible for Netflix to provide Dolby Atmos out on the Xbox One X? Is Netflix not also a 3rd party application?

Any apps may receive a capability to do something special but only with Microsoft approval. Netflix may received this special capability as a partner of Microsoft.
(2018-01-10, 07:44)afedchin Wrote:
(2018-01-10, 00:54)nexusle Wrote: Not? So why you don't tell us the reason Kodi isn't in the (beta) Store? I think many of us subscribed to get the latest Kodi builds without knowing to not get the regular version anymore.

Now we have nothing. No regular build and no nightly build.

More whining please. 
We don't know why it disappeared from Store, even Microsoft support doesn't know. What you want to hear? 
 they will complain just because they don't read what was said in another post or what someone said prior to this they will not even pay attention to your reply more and likely either lol.
@AtomicNinja 

Yes sir I might be uninformed but I have no trouble admitting that considering I'm here asking questions. But, you sir are also very uniformed and a hypocrite for stating " they will complain just because they don't read what was said in another post or what someone said prior to this they will not even pay attention to your reply more and likely either lol." This clearly can be confirmed if you scroll up, or go back one page. It can be seen detailed, in one post, and after rude remarks and being moved/split by moderator, a simplified post. All which state point to a single question I began with that has yet to be answered. "IS THE NIGHTLY BUILD (TEST VERSION) STILL BEING PUSHED OUT? I have not once said a word about the issue with it showing up on Xbox, if I would have it would have been posted in that section you mentioned. But instead I knew not to clog that feed with this considering it was a different problem, as far as i know. I don't know though! So why do we get harassed by all y'all complaining about us complaining?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326228

"Kodi v18 for XBOX test version registration
We will try to do frequent test version updates to registered users as the "flighted" submission process is much faster than the official store. This way we can get early feedback and crashlogs before we push it to official store. Since this will be a manual step getting you added to the list you may need some patience before you get an update.
Registration from: click here
There will be no confirmation you have been added to the list. We recommend you hit the check for updates function in the XBOX menu to make sure you get the update.

If you are mentioning an issue always report the compiled version which you can find in the system info panel and a full debug log.
Disclaimer: Your account e-mail address will only be used to add you to the recipient list of these pre-alpha XBOX versions. It will not be used in any other way for communication or registration. Once we have deemed that this list is no longer needed we will completely destroy the list." 

^^^Right here is what we are all asking questions about. Not sure why anyone hasn't figured that out since the rude #metoo Moderator started all this crap in the first place.
(2018-01-09, 21:01)marmaat Wrote: I just have a maybe stupid question, I read that:

Can't be implemented
  1. Passthrough audio not working - Not supported by Microsoft for 3rd party apps
So, how is it possible for Netflix to provide Dolby Atmos out on the Xbox One X? Is Netflix not also a 3rd party application?

Thanks     
    Dolby Atmos is a specific case. There's an app for Atmos, that you have to download and that enables Atmos for Bluray playback. Netflix is quite likely in "the same boat" and has access to system calls usually reserved for "full games", not UWP. Microsoft has an history of expanding UWP capabilities, so maybe we will see it available in the future. But that's nothing anybody can promise.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Think I saw a suggestion somewhere that the Netflix app is not a native code UWP app but a web app that that runs in a full screen mode within included Microsoft internet browser (IE or Edge), since it runs within a Microsoft app it has additional access not provided to 3rd parties.
(2018-01-10, 11:19)Leonlam3 Wrote: @AtomicNinja 

Yes sir I might be uninformed but I have no trouble admitting that considering I'm here asking questions. But, you sir are also very uniformed and a hypocrite for stating " they will complain just because they don't read what was said in another post or what someone said prior to this they will not even pay attention to your reply more and likely either lol." This clearly can be confirmed if you scroll up, or go back one page. It can be seen detailed, in one post, and after rude remarks and being moved/split by moderator, a simplified post. All which state point to a single question I began with that has yet to be answered. "IS THE NIGHTLY BUILD (TEST VERSION) STILL BEING PUSHED OUT? I have not once said a word about the issue with it showing up on Xbox, if I would have it would have been posted in that section you mentioned. But instead I knew not to clog that feed with this considering it was a different problem, as far as i know. I don't know though! So why do we get harassed by all y'all complaining about us complaining?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326228

"Kodi v18 for XBOX test version registration
We will try to do frequent test version updates to registered users as the "flighted" submission process is much faster than the official store. This way we can get early feedback and crashlogs before we push it to official store. Since this will be a manual step getting you added to the list you may need some patience before you get an update.
Registration from: click here
There will be no confirmation you have been added to the list. We recommend you hit the check for updates function in the XBOX menu to make sure you get the update.

If you are mentioning an issue always report the compiled version which you can find in the system info panel and a full debug log.
Disclaimer: Your account e-mail address will only be used to add you to the recipient list of these pre-alpha XBOX versions. It will not be used in any other way for communication or registration. Once we have deemed that this list is no longer needed we will completely destroy the list." 

^^^Right here is what we are all asking questions about. Not sure why anyone hasn't figured that out since the rude #metoo Moderator started all this crap in the first place.
I'm not a hypocrite just pointing out the obvious,if you want to continue arguing drop it in my inbox and not here to keep this clutter off the xbox one discussion.

I wanna know how my statement was even talking about you to begin with as well and how does martijn's statement about the #metoo stories pertained to you he just posted one thing out and you blow it out of puportion. Drop all of that to my inbox and not here as we are cluttering it up and will just wind up banned if we continue arguing here.
(2018-01-10, 14:25)jjd-uk Wrote: Think I saw a suggestion somewhere that the Netflix app is not a native code UWP app but a web app that that runs in a full screen mode within included Microsoft internet browser (IE or Edge), since it runs within a Microsoft app it has additional access not provided to 3rd parties.
This could explain why the hell they still not support refresh rate switching. A real travesty.

Edit: talking about Netflix, not Kodi, to be crystal clear.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
How will u be able to get it when you reserved it? Will an update show up on your Xbox of it? I ask as I can no longer get kodi in the Xbox store
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Discussion6