• 32(current)
Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
(2018-01-10, 12:01)DaLanik Wrote: Strange. Can you turn on the music mode from your phone from Yeelight app?
 Is this a proper test (will try it tonight): 
- Turn on some music
- Turn on music mode in the Yeelight app
- Strip should change in colors ? 

Could it help to reset the strip ? Or change the server location in the app (currently mainland china) ? Or maybe both Wink
(2018-01-10, 12:26)plenkske Wrote:
(2018-01-10, 12:01)DaLanik Wrote: Strange. Can you turn on the music mode from your phone from Yeelight app?
 Is this a proper test (will try it tonight): 
- Turn on some music
- Turn on music mode in the Yeelight app
- Strip should change in colors ? 

Could it help to reset the strip ? Or change the server location in the app (currently mainland china) ? Or maybe both Wink 
Yes, that seems correct.

Reset could help. Server is not important, since we are accessing the blubs (strip) localy, via LAN.
Hey Guys - can someone help me? I ve got an 70''-TV so one yeelight smart strip is not enough for it. Can I use YeeMee with two stripes or what kind of a configuration would you suggest me? Thank you in advance 

+ are there any other smart strips and bulbs supported or is it only yeelight?
(2018-01-10, 17:18)lada2 Wrote: Hey Guys - can someone help me? I ve got an 70''-TV so one yeelight smart strip is not enough for it. Can I use YeeMee with two stripes or what kind of a configuration would you suggest me? Thank you in advance 

+ are there any other smart strips and bulbs supported or is it only yeelight?
Hello,

Yes, you can use 2 or more strips, up to 8 strips/bulbs/lights. Mind you that each bulb/strip produces only 1 color!

This addon only supports Yeelight products, but there are other addons, just browse the forum!

D.
Reinstalled the whole LibreElec distribution and started adding YeeMee addon. Installed it, rebooted, searched for the strip, found that successfully, rebooted and that's the error message in my log, just after booting Kodi:

02:38:56.079 T:1717564320 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: need more than 2 values to unpack
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.yeemee/service.py", line 1718, in <module>
Sunrise, Sunset, civilTW, nauticTW = byLoc()
ValueError: need more than 2 values to unpack
-->End of Python script error report<--
Just wanted to add that the date and time in my system is always wrong after installing the add-on and rebooting. Ambi option still doesn't work.
Addon doesn't mess with time or date....
It's realy strange and it's happening just after installing it and rebooting. Both in the fresh and the previous LibreElec install. Maybe it doesn't mess with date and time but some bug it produces makes my whole Kodi so laggy that it doesn't sync with ntp servers anymore.

Do you have any idea what may cause the exception above in the log? Or at least any clue how to debug this?

Many thank's for your efforts!
Finally managed to make the add-on and Ambi option work! So that are the steps that I followed:
-Disabled Wired Network Connection in Kodi
-Enabled Wireless Network Connection in Kodi
-Installed the add-on again and went through the configuration

Strangely enough the strip could be found when I was using the Ethernet interface, but Ambi option didn't work. Maybe the exceptions reported where also due to the fact that eth interface was used. It won't be difficult to make some more checks in the code and make it work for Ethernet interface also.

Thank's again, it's working fine now!
Thank you dalanik - is there manual or advice how to set this up the best way... My intention is using 2 stripes and two bulbs... Does this work nearly as good as philips ambilight with this addon on normal movies? Thank you
(2018-01-11, 01:43)paokoutsa Wrote: Finally managed to make the add-on and Ambi option work! So that are the steps that I followed:

Strangely enough the strip could be found when I was using the Ethernet interface, but Ambi option didn't work. Maybe the exceptions reported where also due to the fact that eth interface was used. It won't be difficult to make some more checks in the code and make it work for Ethernet interface also.

The addon doesn't care which interface it uses. It is a thing with your box or your router.
(2018-01-11, 01:47)lada2 Wrote: Thank you dalanik - is there manual or advice how to set this up the best way... My intention is using 2 stripes and two bulbs... Does this work nearly as good as philips ambilight with this addon on normal movies? Thank you
Nope, could never work as good as Philips Ambilight - since the Ambilight has several independent LEDs around the TV, while the Yeelights display only 1 color. It is as good as technically possible with single color lights Smile
(2018-01-10, 23:49)paokoutsa Wrote: Reinstalled the whole LibreElec distribution and started adding YeeMee addon. Installed it, rebooted, searched for the strip, found that successfully, rebooted and that's the error message in my log, just after booting Kodi:

02:38:56.079 T:1717564320 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: need more than 2 values to unpack
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.yeemee/service.py", line 1718, in <module>
Sunrise, Sunset, civilTW, nauticTW = byLoc()
ValueError: need more than 2 values to unpack
-->End of Python script error report<--
This doesn't help much, pleas post the whole log to pastebin. Again, as this works for several people, I can only came to conclusion that it is something with your system.
(2018-01-10, 14:12)DaLanik Wrote: Yes, that seems correct.

Reset could help. Server is not important, since we are accessing the blubs (strip) localy, via LAN. 

Hey again. Yesterday evening I did some testing again.

Music Mode with App
When I came home, suddenly my strips were offline in the Yeelight app. Strange thing is, they still worked within Domoticz and Kodi (normal operation).
So I decided to reset the strips and reconfig them in the app. Suddenly the strips werent able to find my normal WiFi network, but only my Guest network. Both are on the same router and in the same ip range, both have 2.4ghz  (normal network also 5ghz) so thats really strange.
Anyway, I connected them to the guest network and made sure in the router that the ip's were static again. They didnt even change anyway, but just to be sure I resetted that aswell.

So I tested music mode. It worked immediately, but my phone was connected with my normal network.
I couldnt get music mode to work when I was connected with my normal network, but also the strips didnt work in Domoticz and Kodi anymore. Then it hit me that the Guest network disables intranet acccess, so after enabling that all works !
Music mode works from the app, no matter what network my phone is in. 

Testing the yeemee addon

So, after that I did some tests again with the addon. 
All normal operations work. 
After the succesfull music mode tests I was confident that Ambilight should also work now in the addon.
But nope, it didnt Sad

In the log I get the same result as last time, an empty response:

Code:

21:49:36.024 T:2604   DEBUG: YEEMEE >> MESSAGE TO 192.168.1.77: {u'params': [u'power', u'music_on'], u'id': 1, u'method': u'get_prop'}
21:49:36.025 T:948   DEBUG: YEEMEE >> SERVER >> 192.168.1.76 WAITING FOR CONNECTION...
21:49:36.030 T:2604   DEBUG: YEEMEE >> RESPONSE FROM 192.168.1.77: on, 0
21:49:36.030 T:2604   DEBUG: YEEMEE >> MESSAGE TO 192.168.1.77: {u'params': [1, u'192.168.1.76', 55440], u'id': 1, u'method': u'set_music'}
21:49:54.070 T:2604   DEBUG: YEEMEE >> RESPONSE FROM 192.168.1.77: ,

I even resetted the settings again and tried automatic discovery. Suddenly that worked, for both strips ! 
But, still, ambilight is no success.

Also, again, when turning on ambi and then exitting Kodi... Kodi crashes. Not that big a deal but pretty annoying :p

(2018-01-11, 09:46)DaLanik Wrote:
(2018-01-11, 01:43)paokoutsa Wrote: Finally managed to make the add-on and Ambi option work! So that are the steps that I followed:

The addon doesn't care which interface it uses. It is a thing with your box or your router.  

I figured the addon doesn't care about the interface, but after reading the story from paokoutsa and my experiences with the App and the different WiFi networks  (though same router, lan, ip range), it must have something to do with my ambilight problems in Kodi.
My Windows HTPC is connected with cable, it doesnt even have wireless. And ofcourse I'm not planning to add wireless to that system. 

I really hope we can nail this thing, if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
If changing something in the router could help, I can try that aswell. I have an ASUS RT-AC86U with Asuswrt-Merlin software. With that software pretty much everything can be controlled.
(2018-01-11, 10:35)plenkske Wrote: Music Mode with App
When I came home, suddenly my strips were offline in the Yeelight app. Strange thing is, they still worked within Domoticz and Kodi (normal operation).
So I decided to reset the strips and reconfig them in the app. Suddenly the strips werent able to find my normal WiFi network, but only my Guest network. Both are on the same router and in the same ip range, both have 2.4ghz  (normal network also 5ghz) so thats really strange.
Anyway, I connected them to the guest network and made sure in the router that the ip's were static again. They didnt even change anyway, but just to be sure I resetted that aswell.

So I tested music mode. It worked immediately, but my phone was connected with my normal network.
I couldnt get music mode to work when I was connected with my normal network, but also the strips didnt work in Domoticz and Kodi anymore. Then it hit me that the Guest network disables intranet acccess, so after enabling that all works !
Music mode works from the app, no matter what network my phone is in. 

Testing the yeemee addon

So, after that I did some tests again with the addon. 
All normal operations work. 
After the succesfull music mode tests I was confident that Ambilight should also work now in the addon.
But nope, it didnt Sad

In the log I get the same result as last time, an empty response:

Code:

21:49:36.024 T:2604   DEBUG: YEEMEE >> MESSAGE TO 192.168.1.77: {u'params': [u'power', u'music_on'], u'id': 1, u'method': u'get_prop'}
21:49:36.025 T:948   DEBUG: YEEMEE >> SERVER >> 192.168.1.76 WAITING FOR CONNECTION...
21:49:36.030 T:2604   DEBUG: YEEMEE >> RESPONSE FROM 192.168.1.77: on, 0
21:49:36.030 T:2604   DEBUG: YEEMEE >> MESSAGE TO 192.168.1.77: {u'params': [1, u'192.168.1.76', 55440], u'id': 1, u'method': u'set_music'}
21:49:54.070 T:2604   DEBUG: YEEMEE >> RESPONSE FROM 192.168.1.77: ,

I even resetted the settings again and tried automatic discovery. Suddenly that worked, for both strips ! 
But, still, ambilight is no success.

Also, again, when turning on ambi and then exitting Kodi... Kodi crashes. Not that big a deal but pretty annoying :p

I figured the addon doesn't care about the interface, but after reading the story from paokoutsa and my experiences with the App and the different WiFi networks  (though same router, lan, ip range), it must have something to do with my ambilight problems in Kodi.
My Windows HTPC is connected with cable, it doesnt even have wireless. And ofcourse I'm not planning to add wireless to that system. 

I really hope we can nail this thing, if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
If changing something in the router could help, I can try that aswell. I have an ASUS RT-AC86U with Asuswrt-Merlin software. With that software pretty much everything can be controlled. 

My Android box is on cable connection, and it works. But I am on the same segment of LAN, not in guest network etc. Are all your devices on the same network (bulbs, box, phone)?

I don't have any more ideas, it is strange it works but doesn't connect to the box for ambi. The only thing that comes to mind is testing via python server and telnet... but that would be complicated
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2