• 108(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
How does the testing branch compare with the performance?
(2018-03-31, 16:24)scofield272 Wrote: hiidmdsoftwarei'm using the last stable version,i noticed that when i click to play strm files from gdrive (or stream directly from gdrive addon ) with .srt subs attached to the files takes a long time to load the stream, and not always it takes the .srt file on the first attempt, if the sub doesn't load on the first attempt  i need to stop the movie and click on it again and its always works on the second attempt (the srt subs loads well )  

is it something you can work on to improve ?
thanks alot.
  How does the testing branch compare with the performance?
(2018-03-29, 18:34)dmdsoftware Wrote: The device has a SSL issue and you can look around on the web for command line instructions to fix the problem.  Search for "SSL verify failed python" 
I searched in google for "ssl verify failed python"  but I can't see the solution for this issue... could you give me more help? 

Thanks a lot!
as for now i tested the "test build" on my pc, and the strms loads much much faster then the stable build , also the srt files loads better, 
i will try it later also on my streamer and i will let you know if it's works better there also, i'm pretty sure it will

thanks bud
(2018-04-03, 00:35)SirMoai Wrote:
(2018-03-29, 18:34)dmdsoftware Wrote: The device has a SSL issue and you can look around on the web for command line instructions to fix the problem.  Search for "SSL verify failed python" 
I searched in google for "ssl verify failed python"  but I can't see the solution for this issue... could you give me more help? 

Thanks a lot! 
This may work on your device:
https://github.com/pithos/pithos/issues/562

sudo wget https://www.geotrust.com/resources/root_...ary_CA.pem -P /etc/ca-certificates/trust-source/anchors/ && sudo trust extract-compat
*update*
it seems that the strm files from the gdrive test build still loads very slow(40-50 sec to load) , i don't think there is deference between the test build and the stable on this matter, but stream directly from the gdrive addon goes very fast (5 sec tops) ...

*update 2 *
i tested more , using the stable build;
and it seems that on my amazon fire tv gen2 (2giga ram) the strm loads very fast (3 sec tops) and on the amazon fire gen 3 ( 1.5 giga ram) it goes slower ,
so it must be cpu power thing , sorry for bugging ,so it's work fine now Smile

keep up the good work mate
On your GDRIVE testing app it says to go to a 192.168 address but that doesnt work. How do you sign into this testing app?
IP_of_the_device:8011/enroll

If it doesn't work.  What is the SPECIFIC device (model number, operating system)?  provide logs if you want further assistance.
Does the addon support artwork without adding strm files to library? My google folders all have art but none show direct from the addon.
also
Does anyone know the best way to get a windows machine to automatically create strm files from google drive, then I can add them to Emby and use that as a way to integrate into the Kodi library?
Not sure what logs as the box a Fire TV Gen 2 doesnt do anything the pop up for GDrive comes up. Then I type in the IP of the fire tv in my web browser on my computer and it says it cant open because the server dropped the connection. So I press OK on the pop up on the gDrive as there is nothing I can do beyond that.
Is it possible to keep all the artwork on google drive instead of locally? My media box does not have enough space to keep all the files when try to buffer 4k file from gdrive. On a side note, the 4k files (of about 15 GB) plays nicely without any buffer and the transcoding also is flawless.

Thanks,
V
(2018-04-10, 02:44)ilovemymac Wrote: Not sure what logs as the box a Fire TV Gen 2 doesnt do anything the pop up for GDrive comes up. Then I type in the IP of the fire tv in my web browser on my computer and it says it cant open because the server dropped the connection. So I press OK on the pop up on the gDrive as there is nothing I can do beyond that.
 try registering and setting up on a different device and once enrolled, copy the settings.xml to the device having issue, so that you can bypass enrolling on that device.
The problem is no matter what i set up from i get that it can not connect to the server. Or it can't establish a connection. Doesn't matter what IP i type in my computer, my laptop, my fire tv or any device. 
The local IP does nothing its not in the box.
(2018-04-14, 07:54)ilovemymac Wrote: The problem is no matter what i set up from i get that it can not connect to the server. Or it can't establish a connection. Doesn't matter what IP i type in my computer, my laptop, my fire tv or any device. 
 Can you enter the info in manually via the addon settings?
(2018-04-14, 07:54)ilovemymac Wrote: The problem is no matter what i set up from i get that it can not connect to the server. Or it can't establish a connection. Doesn't matter what IP i type in my computer, my laptop, my fire tv or any device. 
 Use this old build instead -> http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.8.52.zip
  • 108(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12