• 158(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
(2018-05-05, 03:20)m0ngr31 Wrote:  I'll take a look at this over the weekend and see if I can replicate it. 
 It seems to have settled down now and I'm getting any 500 server errors.
Here's a trace of the skip command (which works) and the back command (which doesn't)
Code:
ask kodi to skip
11:37:08.439 AMZN -> HOST {"request":{"type":"IntentRequest","intent":{"name":"AMAZON.NextIntent","confirmationStatus":"NONE"}}}
11:37:09.175 HOST -> KODI {"params": {}, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.GetActivePlayers", "id": 1}
11:37:09.176 KODI -> HOST {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"playerid":0,"type":"audio"}]}
11:37:09.180 HOST -> KODI {"params": {"playerid": 0, "to": "next"}, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.GoTo", "id": 1}
11:37:09.190 HOST -> AMZN {"response": {"card": {"content": "", "title": "Playing next item", "type": "Simple"}, "outputSpeech": {"text": "", "type": "PlainText"}, "shouldEndSession": true}, "sessionAttributes": {}, "version": "1.0"}
ask kodi to go back
11:43:06.149 AMZN -> HOST {"request":{"type":"IntentRequest","intent":{"name":"Back","confirmationStatus":"NONE"}}}
11:43:06.573 HOST -> KODI {"params": {}, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.Back", "id": 1}
11:43:06.575 KODI -> HOST {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":"OK"}
11:43:06.578 HOST -> AMZN {"response": {"outputSpeech": {"text": " ", "type": "PlainText"}, "shouldEndSession": false}, "sessionAttributes": {}, "version": "1.0"}
11:43:13.151 AMZN -> HOST {"session":{"new":false,"sessionId":"","application":{"applicationId":""},"user":{"userId":""}},"request":{"type":"SessionEndedRequest","reason":"EXCEEDED_MAX_REPROMPTS"}}
It looks like 'back' is getting interpreted as "back" instead of "AMAZON.PreviousIntent"

Thanks for your help and for a great product.

PS. Is there any simple way to turn on logging in the self-host code? Reconstructing the AMZN <-> HOST communications from the Apache logs is a real pain!
It does log a bit on its own, but you can change the verbosity in your kodi.config file.
Hello, I also wanted to test the kanzi skill and followed this tutorial https://lexigr.am/docs/ I did the steps on my OpenSuse Leap 42.3 machine, and Kodi runs on CoreElec 8.90.1. All steps worked, except for the deploying, because I get this error:
Code:
lexigram deploy kanzi

[1] Kanzi
[2] Kodi
[0] CANCEL

What would you like your invocation name to be? [1, 2, 0]: 2
✔ Check config file
✔ Check config file
✔ Validate config file
✔ Check skill directory
✔ Remove old repo code
✔ Download latest source code
✔ Extract source code
✔ Extract source code - Part 2
✔ Update skill data
✔ Update slot values
✖ Deploy skill
  → Error deploying. Please try again

What is the Problem, and what can i do?
Thank you
Check the error log in the current directory
hi,
i am having issues with kodi alexa skill, i keep getting errors i've hunted for fixes but with no luck. i'm hoping this forum can help. i get the error after lexigram deploy kanzi. i have added the results. i have deleted every thing and reinstalled python v2.7.15 and nvm.
 im running windows 10.

ok have managed to get to the lexigram deploy and I get an error.
i'm new to this so any advice would be greatfully received.
Code:
 √ Check config file
 √ Validate config file
 √ Check skill directory
 √ Remove old repo code
 √ Download latest source code
 √ Extract source code
 √ Extract source code - Part 2
 √ Update skill data
 √ Update slot values
 × Deploy skill
   → Error deploying. Please try againC:\Users\tsm20>npm install -g [email][email protected][/email]
C:\Program Files\nodejs\ask -> C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\ask-cli\bin\ask.js
+ [email][email protected][/email]
updated 1 package in 17.556sC:\Users\tsm20>cd kanziC:\Users\tsm20\kanzi>ask deploy -t skill
[Error]: Invalid url info.
Cannot find valid lambda function with the given name, nor find sourceDir as codebase path to create lambda function.C:\Users\tsm20\kanzi>
(2018-05-07, 21:50)m0ngr31 Wrote: Check the error log in the current directory
 Hi, in the Log shows that
Code:
::: 2018-05-07 21:33:28 :::
Error: Command failed: /home/thomas/.nvm/versions/node/v8.11.1/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/dist/../node_modules/.bin/ask deploy -t skill
Cannot find valid lambda function with the given name, nor find sourceDir as codebase path to create lambda function.

All steps before shows no error, what can i do?
Hello all,

A couple questions:
1. What options are there besides opening ports or self hosting? So far I'm leaning towards MQTT.

2. Does someone have, or know of, a current guide to self hosting the Kanzi skill to only serve locally? Not the secure server part, just loading the web app with the correct dependicies and what they use?

What I'd like to do is host the skill locally on a RPi and use MQTT to take care of over the web part. Has anyone tried this with the new version of the skill? How does it work?

Cheers
(2018-05-07, 21:52)ElCid Wrote: hi,
i am having issues with kodi alexa skill, i keep getting errors i've hunted for fixes but with no luck. i'm hoping this forum can help. i get the error after lexigram deploy kanzi. i have added the results. i have deleted every thing and reinstalled python v2.7.15 and nvm.
 im running windows 10.

ok have managed to get to the lexigram deploy and I get an error.
i'm new to this so any advice would be greatfully received.
Code:
 √ Check config file
 √ Validate config file
 √ Check skill directory
 √ Remove old repo code
 √ Download latest source code
 √ Extract source code
 √ Extract source code - Part 2
 √ Update skill data
 √ Update slot values
 × Deploy skill
   → Error deploying. Please try againC:\Users\tsm20>npm install -g [email][email protected][/email]
C:\Program Files\nodejs\ask -> C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\ask-cli\bin\ask.js
+ [email][email protected][/email]
updated 1 package in 17.556sC:\Users\tsm20>cd kanziC:\Users\tsm20\kanzi>ask deploy -t skill
Cannot find valid lambda function with the given name, nor find sourceDir as codebase path to create lambda function.C:\Users\tsm20\kanzi>

I sent you an email.

(2018-05-08, 06:34)Coolzero Wrote: Hi, in the Log shows that
Code:
::: 2018-05-07 21:33:28 :::
Error: Command failed: /home/thomas/.nvm/versions/node/v8.11.1/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/dist/../node_modules/.bin/ask deploy -t skill
Cannot find valid lambda function with the given name, nor find sourceDir as codebase path to create lambda function.

All steps before shows no error, what can i do?

I sent you a PM.

(2018-05-10, 16:39)mace08 Wrote: Hello all,

A couple questions:
1. What options are there besides opening ports or self hosting? So far I'm leaning towards MQTT.

2. Does someone have, or know of, a current guide to self hosting the Kanzi skill to only serve locally? Not the secure server part, just loading the web app with the correct dependicies and what they use?

What I'd like to do is host the skill locally on a RPi and use MQTT to take care of over the web part. Has anyone tried this with the new version of the skill? How does it work?

Cheers
A few people have gotten it working, but it's not something that I've tried yet: https://github.com/m0ngr31/kanzi/issues/117
mongr31 thanks for email. i stop using windows and switched to android using dory nodejs and qpython all went smooth. thanks for help
I am having problems regarding the CMD. When I input for instance C:\Python27\Scripts\pip.exe install awscli it responds by saying the system cannot find the path specified. I have tried multiple times but no luck, any help please?
You don't need python anymore. Just follow the new instructions here: https://lexigr.am
I have stuck with Python for the moment and have progressed but have this error:
 pip install -r requirements.txt
Collecting gunicorn (from -r requirements.txt (line 1))
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/...ne-any.whl
Collecting pytz (from -r requirements.txt (line 2))
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/...ne-any.whl
Collecting flask-ask>=0.9.8 (from -r requirements.txt (line 3))
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/...9.8.tar.gz
    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "c:\users\rob\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-_ykoxo\flask-ask\setup.py", line 8, in <module>
        from pip.req import parse_requirements
    ImportError: No module named req    ----------------------------------------
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in c:\users\rob\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-_ykoxo\flask-ask\

any ideas please?
It's an issue with how the flask-ask package installs its requirements and pip 10. It'll work if you downgrade to pip 9.
Thanks
Encountered another issue.....
 (venv) C:\Users\rob\Desktop\Kodi Alexa Code>zappa init
Oh no! An error occurred! Sad==============Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\users\rob\desktop\kodial~1\venv\lib\site-packages\zappa\cli.py", line 2610, in handle
    sys.exit(cli.handle())
  File "c:\users\rob\desktop\kodial~1\venv\lib\site-packages\zappa\cli.py", line 476, in handle
    self.init()
  File "c:\users\rob\desktop\kodial~1\venv\lib\site-packages\zappa\cli.py", line 1496, in init
    raise ClickException("This project already has a " + click.style("{0!s} file".format(settings_file), fg="red", bold=True) + "!")
ClickException: This project already has a zappa_settings.json file!==============Need help? Found a bug? Let us know! Big Grin
File bug reports on GitHub here: https://github.com/Miserlou/Zappa
And join our Slack channel here: https://slack.zappa.io
Love!,
 ~ Team Zappa!
  • 158(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15