• 114(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2018-06-25, 07:08)vab.patel Wrote:
(2018-06-20, 22:09)dmdsoftware Wrote:  Are you watching the content from KODI library?

Yes. I have movies and tv shows in gdrive added to Kodi library using strm files. Any workaround to get trakt working?

Thx,
 It should be updating trakt with watch status after you watch a movie from the library.
(2018-06-26, 06:03)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2018-06-25, 07:08)vab.patel Wrote:
(2018-06-20, 22:09)dmdsoftware Wrote:  Are you watching the content from KODI library?

Yes. I have movies and tv shows in gdrive added to Kodi library using strm files. Any workaround to get trakt working?

Thx,
V  
 It should be updating trakt with watch status after you watch a movie from the library. 
It does not. It also does not show the movie name and information when I pause the movie, instead shows the file name. I think I may be doing something wrong. I will try to reinstall everything from clean and will report back.

One more thing, when I try to use this addon in Kodi 18 alpha, the resume points does not work. The addon asks if I want to resume and even if I click on resume the movie/tv show starts from the beginning. 

Thanks again for this really great addon.
(2018-06-21, 19:57)iorifly Wrote: Please, take away my doubts.
  With this addon, can I view movie information during playback?
such as cover, and synopsis?

Remembering that this movie will be in my library as strm.

I do not know if it is a limitation of the kodi or addon, but when I am watching a movie that is in the library as strm, during playback does not display the movie information ... only the link.
+1
(2018-06-26, 20:20)vab.patel Wrote:
(2018-06-26, 06:03)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2018-06-25, 07:08)vab.patel Wrote: Yes. I have movies and tv shows in gdrive added to Kodi library using strm files. Any workaround to get trakt working?

Thx,
V  
It does not. It also does not show the movie name and information when I pause the movie, instead shows the file name. I think I may be doing something wrong. I will try to reinstall everything from clean and will report back.

One more thing, when I try to use this addon in Kodi 18 alpha, the resume points does not work. The addon asks if I want to resume and even if I click on resume the movie/tv show starts from the beginning. 

I tried reinstalling addon and the trakt, but no luck. However, the trakt works well if I play a movie from Plex addon for Kodi. So, I think it only does not recognize movie/tv activity from gdrive addon. Does it work for other people using the gdrive addon and Kodi library?

Thx,
V
(2018-06-29, 00:28)vab.patel Wrote:
(2018-06-26, 20:20)vab.patel Wrote:
(2018-06-26, 06:03)dmdsoftware Wrote:  It should be updating trakt with watch status after you watch a movie from the library.  

I tried reinstalling addon and the trakt, but no luck. However, the trakt works well if I play a movie from Plex addon for Kodi. So, I think it only does not recognize movie/tv activity from gdrive addon. Does it work for other people using the gdrive addon and Kodi library?

Thx,
 I know it used to work on Kodi 16, but I haven't tried since.
(2018-06-30, 02:38)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2018-06-29, 00:28)vab.patel Wrote:
(2018-06-26, 20:20)vab.patel Wrote: It does not. It also does not show the movie name and information when I pause the movie, instead shows the file name. I think I may be doing something wrong. I will try to reinstall everything from clean and will report back.

Thx,
 I know it used to work on Kodi 16, but I haven't tried since.

It might just be my setup. I may be missing something in the add-on setup. Anyway it is not a significant issue.

One thing which I am desperately waiting is the auto strm creation. Let me know if there is any beta testing and if I could participate.

Thx,
V
error :exception:XBMC is not playing any media file

This is the error ssomeone gets with the addon installed. Is this a Kodi issue?
(2018-06-26, 20:21)vab.patel Wrote:
(2018-06-21, 19:57)iorifly Wrote: Please, take away my doubts.
  With this addon, can I view movie information during playback?
such as cover, and synopsis?

Remembering that this movie will be in my library as strm.

I do not know if it is a limitation of the kodi or addon, but when I am watching a movie that is in the library as strm, during playback does not display the movie information ... only the link.
+1 
 Any news?
KODI Team wants you to use the other guy's 2017 plugin, so there is no desire to continue to work on this 5-years-in-the-making plugin at the moment.
So it was already. Well, the other guy does not update his plugin. Sad to hear that. @dmdsoftware
What's the rationale behind that recommendation? I sincerely hope that you do keep developing this addon. It has been driving my media consumption for around 3 years I am sure I am not alone in saying that. Thank you.
@dmdsoftware

I have to admit this is not something I have heard of.

I am not aware of any such viewpoint for "preferred" add-ons. Any developer is free to develop any add-on and most developers can apply for inclusion into the Official Repository.

If there is something you want to me to look into, let me know.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-07-03, 08:43)Karellen Wrote: @dmdsoftware

I am not aware of any such viewpoint for "preferred" add-ons. Any developer is free to develop any add-on and most developers can apply for inclusion into the Official Repository.

You can't enter into the official repository if your app uses third party authentication.  But somehow he managed to get into the repository with exactly that.  If I had known there were exemptions, I would have added mine back in 2014.

I removed the third party authentication in the newer versions (Dec 2017).  But there is no point having two Google Drive apps in the official repository.
This addon is awesome. It needs to be more than one. Dmdsoftware is a great developer and very helpful
(2018-07-04, 15:41)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2018-07-03, 08:43)Karellen Wrote: @dmdsoftware

You can't enter into the official repository if your app uses third party authentication.  But somehow he managed to get into the repository with exactly that.  If I had known there were exemptions, I would have added mine back in 2014.

I removed the third party authentication in the newer versions (Dec 2017).  But there is no point having two Google Drive apps in the official repository.  
 @dmdsoftware 

You are correct on both points; third-party authentication is not allowed in the repository and the same goes for duplicate plugins/scripts...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
  • 114(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12