• 153(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Anyone having audio issues on the Oreo update? Audio cuts out for a split second every few minutes for me. Reboot fixes it but happens again the next time I come to use the box.
Did a factory reset yesterday and the issue persists.
Yes I've been testing Audio with a USB3 > Gigabit adapter and can confirm audio dropouts bitstreaming with Dolby True HD when using Kodi Leia.

The current Netflix App is buggy, DD+ audio dropouts did not occur when I "Uninstalled Updates" in Settings > Netflix App

(2018-07-06, 10:25)duepointe Wrote:
(2018-07-06, 08:29)Geeeronimo Wrote: did you install iperf on the Mibox to have this ?

you can sideload or use aptoide tv 
I sideloaded Magic Iperf including Iperf3 on the MiBox and also on my Galaxy Note 8. For some reason I could only get the MiBox running as the server and testing the performance. When ever I ran the MiBox as the client it would not connect to either and of my PC's or the Note 8.
Using SMB causes stuttering with ac3 audio. Anyone confirm?
(2018-07-07, 01:10)wrxtasy Wrote: The current Netflix App is buggy, DD+ audio dropouts did not occur when I "Uninstalled Updates" in Settings > Netflix App
What about kodi dd+ dropouts in your system? I have uninstalled Netflix updates, dropouts still here in Netflix Sad  . Maybe there are more factors involucred here. What sound configuration do you have in the Mi Box? DTS DRC 0% / 100%? Wifi on / off?
I know it could be a problem with the Av Receiver/Mi Box combo, since it seems DD+ have changed in 2013, but I have no problems with the previous Android TV version with this box.

If at least we have DD+ to DD conversion, like Amazon Fire TV do.
(2018-07-06, 17:53)er2es Wrote: Fixed for up and coming OTA

1. NTFS cannot be successfully detected 
2. HDCP 2.2 issues

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-b...hed.44778/

Yes just connected my HDD and it detects but I cant see any data on Kodi or es explorer.
Nothing seems to work except netflix
(2018-07-07, 02:49)Maxrunner Wrote: Using SMB causes stuttering with ac3 audio. Anyone confirm?
what I found is that TS streams (ServerWMC recoding WTV files) that have AC3 cause problems in the MiBox:

with Kodi 17.6 the video stutters and freezes - audio is fine
with Kodi 18 the video is fine but sound is a series of loud noises

thnx
Audio cut outs.. HDMI connection issues.. Wifi issues.. Wake issues.. 

This forced update was a disaster.. I was happy with these boxes, due to price replaced them on 2 full home media nets. Now they are functionally useless, sure they 'work' to boot etc but you cant watch an entire movie or show without some issue or other cropping up.
@Maxrunner
i just noted this from xiaimu.eu, as a ray of hope Smile

Also i try to apply to internal beta test too, but it has not yet succeeded

I think xiaomi fixes most of the errors within 1 month, but if I know it well -  Google Certification also takes 1 another month minimum.....

so, here is the bug list that has been received and worked on it:

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-b...ist.44784/
(2018-07-08, 07:18)er2es Wrote: @Maxrunner
i just noted this from xiaimu.eu, as a ray of hope Smile

Also i try to apply to internal beta test too, but it has not yet succeeded

I think xiaomi fixes most of the errors within 1 month, but if I know it well -  Google Certification also takes 1 another month minimum.....

so, here is the bug list that has been received and worked on it:

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-b...ist.44784/

I don't see any reference to SMB connections in there.
Also how are you guys checking the wifi speeds ?

Edit: there's definitely an issue with WiFi , it takes forever to download 19,91MB from the store.

Edit2: also tried VLC and the movie I have of 7gb full HD with upnp and it also stutters because of the constant buffering which probably means it's because of wifi. Tried with cable and it doesn't happen so that's proof of bad wifi speeds.
Now they want actual ADB logcats:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-b...ded.44807/

Anyone can submit them so this is not just for internal beta testers.
Feels like things are going forward fast.
Even chromecasting things has stuttering. Does cast communicates directly to mi box or does it goes through the rooter? With mi box connected with RJ45 cable does it still use wifi in any way?
I bought a xiaomi mi box and a random Amlogic s912 with 1gbit network at the same time. Xiaomi mi box nice UI everything else sux. I'm getting 90mbit on the 5ghz AC which is really low others are getting lower. I think it's streaming data to internal drive first and not to RAM? If that makes sense because maybe internal drive capped to 90 mbit speed.

S912 with libreelec + kodi plays everything I throw at it without hassle. Just watched Ready Player One 4k HDR with Atmos passthrough to AVR.
(2018-07-08, 17:53)urkalz Wrote: I bought a xiaomi mi box and a random Amlogic s912 with 1gbit network at the same time. Xiaomi mi box nice UI everything else sux. I'm getting 90mbit on the 5ghz AC which is really low others are getting lower. I think it's streaming data to internal drive first and not to RAM? If that makes sense because maybe internal drive capped to 90 mbit speed.

S912 with libreelec + kodi plays everything I throw at it without hassle. Just watched Ready Player One 4k HDR with Atmos passthrough to AVR.

How are you checking these 90mbit?
(2018-07-08, 19:38)Maxrunner Wrote:
(2018-07-08, 17:53)urkalz Wrote: I bought a xiaomi mi box and a random Amlogic s912 with 1gbit network at the same time. Xiaomi mi box nice UI everything else sux. I'm getting 90mbit on the 5ghz AC which is really low others are getting lower. I think it's streaming data to internal drive first and not to RAM? If that makes sense because maybe internal drive capped to 90 mbit speed.

How are you checking these 90mbit?  
 https://github.com/adolfintel/speedtest + using Xampp apache server on pc. Put those github files in htdocs folder of xampp. Then connect to it like 192.168.1.2/speedtest from xiaomi box with Chrome browser.

• 153(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21