• 7(current)
v18 Whitelist modes missing?
Hello,

Sorry for the late answer and thanks for all your replies.
Mo123, would it be possible for you to push your code without the whitelist on the test repo ?

Can't it become the final solution as the whitelist seems to be a big area of improvment?

thanks again,

BR
(2018-07-06, 10:14)Koying Wrote:
(2018-07-06, 09:32)outcave Wrote: 1. kodi scales to native resolution of TV
2. kodi does not scale at all and outputs same resolution as video

... which was exactly the point of the original PR.
No need of whitelisting (and even blacklisting) for that.

You perfectly outline the duality of having *or* a high-end TV where upscaling is better than Kodi, *or* low-end TV where upscaling is worse.
That's why you always had the option to do refresh rate switching or not.

There cannot be cases where, for a given display, uspcaling is better done by Kodi at certain resolutions, and by TV at others, so whitelisting is pointless, here 
Sorry but I don't agree, whitelist give to you more option that the only "refresh rate switching" option.
Whithout whitelist and with only "refresh rate switching" option you will have this scenario, example:

Kodi at 3840x2160p 60Hz (aka Desktop resolution)
Movie at 1920x1080p 24fps

TV with better upscaling: choose to switch to 1920x1080p 24fps
TV with poor upscaling: FORCED to use 3840x2160p 60Hz

In that way with TV with poor upscaling, so whithout whitelist and with only "refresh rate switching" option, you will incur into the 3:2 pulldown and is NOT possible to use 3840x2160p 24Hz (if available in your system/setup).
Instead with whitelist option if you enable "3834x2160p 24Hz" (if available in your system/setup) you will go to use the "correct" refreshrate and you avoid the 3:2 pulldown.

In conclusion, with whitelist you are free and able to choose all the options that you prefer for your setup.
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)
The original PR had an supplemental option to switch resolution IN ADDITION of refresh rate switching.

Enabled, you go to 1080p24, disabled, you'd still go to 3840p24.
(2018-07-12, 13:09)Koying Wrote: The original PR had an supplemental option to switch resolution IN ADDITION of refresh rate switching.

Enabled, you go to 1080p24, disabled, you'd still go to 3840p24.
ahhhhh. OK (now).
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14172
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
A big improvement in the latest nightly for Android on 1080p tv's.
I'll do more tests later today.
(2018-07-13, 06:16)mo123 Wrote: A big improvement in the latest nightly for Android on 1080p tv's.
I'll do more tests later today.
 Hello, Thanks Fritsch, I can now see the 24hz in the whiteList, and also in the frame rate.
Unfortunatelly the auto frame rate switching is still not working :/

If i manually select 24hz in the frame rate, my TV switch to 24 hz, but, if i select the 50hz for the interface (default one) and activate the default frame rate switching (at start/stop, or always), there is no switching when I play a 24hz video Sad :/

Here is the log debug with the last nightly.

Thanks again for the help!
23.98 is not 24.0 therefore no switch.

If you want that behaviour create advancedsettings.xml with refresh override. this will kill passthrough sync with frequent drops every some seconds.

Quote:[SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 23.98 tbc (default)

This you could try in your advvancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<adjustrefreshrate>
  <override>
      <fpsmin>23.91</fpsmin>
      <fpsmax>24.10</fpsmax>
      <refresh>24.0</refresh>
    </override>
  <override>
      <fpsmin>59.91</fpsmin>
      <fpsmax>60.10</fpsmax>
      <refresh>60.0</refresh>
    </override>
  <override>
      <fpsmin>29.91</fpsmin>
      <fpsmax>30.10</fpsmax>
      <refresh>30.0</refresh>
    </override>
</adjustrefreshrate>
</advancedsettings>
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
This behaviour is not a correct one for you? What could be done better?
In kodi 17, such video were switching to 24hz.

In any case thank you very much, i'll try what you suggest!
V17 behaviour was plain wrong ... as it would silently kill passthrough ... good that it does not switch anymore. (Edit: silent as in prssscht, prschchht, bruschshht) :-)
(2018-07-13, 17:44)fritsch Wrote: V17 behaviour was plain wrong ... as it would silently kill passthrough ... good that it does not switch anymore. (Edit: silent as in prssscht, prschchht, bruschshht) :-)
 well still not working even with advancedSettings :/

Debug log here Sad
Good, then wait for this one: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14077
(2018-07-14, 08:10)fritsch Wrote: Good, then wait for this one: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14077

Thanks, what do you mean by wait for this one ? Will it be available on tomorrow nightly build?
No - blocked for now, as it will break PT. Btw. you can nicely switch to the resolution that you want by simply selecting the corresponding on in the Video OSD.
What is the video OSD ? I checked on the video menu when the video is launched, but there is nothing.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Whitelist modes missing?0