• 11(current)
Release CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)
(2018-05-26, 13:31)fortissimo Wrote: I can't get it to work. (System: ATV1, system build is Kinos 1.6 (latest), based on Ubuntu 12.04, Kodi is 16.1)

Logfile: https://paste.kodi.tv/liruyogije

It gave an error on the top bar after an attempt to launch, never got to a new screen. I have a CBC account that has just been created and also verified. IP address is within Canada.

Please help!
We've had issues with pre-krypton releases but I'll hopefully get a chance to look tonight
@fortissimo can you read the first post and resend a new set of logs. Those logs dont actually show me you using the addon.
(2018-05-26, 17:29)micahg Wrote: @fortissimo can you read the first post and resend a new set of logs. Those logs dont actually show me you using the addon.
 I set up for the log according to the link in full. Turned on FFmpeg and CURL (but in it, I can only find libcURL and I assume it's the same as I can't find another one w/ a closer name). I also rebooted the system first, run the addon (but failed) 2nd, and then upload the log (I also viewed it to make sure it has something) third (took 2 tries to upload the log, but that's just a server problem at kodi.tv).

I am not sure about "using the addon" because the launch of it didn't complete. It quits itself very quickly w/o showing a diff display. Only thing showing up is the error message on the top bar. So how do I show you I am "using the addon" if I can't see it running myself? Isn't that a catch 22 situation?

I can redo it, no problem. But I can't "show you that I am using it", I am afraid!
Are you able to tell what the error says?
(2018-05-27, 03:03)micahg Wrote: Are you able to tell what the error says?
 First thing is a pop up window that says "authorizing device" (remember I have put in the username and password in the settings). It closes quickly after.

Then immediately the top bar shows "Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC) error (an orange middle dot) Check the log for mo....".

And then back to the launcher / skin.

There is a possibility that Kinos does not report all the logs that you need. The Kinos is on a thread here (under OS X ? I think), and you could ask over there if you think that is a possibility (I posted there from time to time as I am really enjoying Kinos, but it's a niche Kodi platform.).

I will try this add on on my other devices, as I have Android TV and other devices as well, but I do hope to run this on this device (ATV1).

I have also double check the username and password, just in case (actually reentered the pw as I cannot view it back).

Thank you!
Hey, I don't really have enough information to work with -- the log should show some kind of error so maybe recreate it and upload it again. Otherwise, I don't really think I'm going to be able to help you from the information provided.

Sorry!
Thanks all the same, micahg, don't worry, the ATV1 is a secondary device to me.

Switching to Kodi on Android and it's working now. However, I have the same problem as some posts here regarding no audio on shows. One reply said "turned both off then working". But turn what "both" off? CC and what? Why is CC affecting audio? And what is the other thing to be turned off? Ah, so close.
(2018-06-04, 09:13)fortissimo Wrote: Thanks all the same, micahg, don't worry, the ATV1 is a secondary device to me.

Switching to Kodi on Android and it's working now. However, I have the same problem as some posts here regarding no audio on shows. One reply said "turned both off then working". But turn what "both" off? CC and what? Why is CC affecting audio? And what is the other thing to be turned off? Ah, so close.
What version of Kodi?
@micahg You've done wonderful work on this addon.  It works flawlessly.

Thanks for your hard work reviving CBC addon.
(2018-06-05, 19:00)RavRob Wrote: @micahg You've done wonderful work on this addon.  It works flawlessly.

Lol, glad it's working for someone Wink
(2018-06-05, 21:18)micahg Wrote:
(2018-06-05, 19:00)RavRob Wrote: @micahg You've done wonderful work on this addon.  It works flawlessly.

Lol, glad it's working for someone Wink

Works great for me too. I have to use a VPN as I'm in the US.

My only problem is the channels take a long time to open but I can live with this.

I too appreciate your work on this and your responses to people who are having problems.
I am having trouble getting the addon to work on my Win 7 PC with Kodi 18 Alpha 2. It works fine on my Linux Mint PC.
If I enter my login credentials in settings for the addon (Win 7), I get an authentication error. If I delete the addon file \userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.cbc (and leave settings default blank)then only one or two shows will load (preview for Anne with an E, Art is my Country) but most shows won't load just get spinning wheel for a few minutes then nothing (I am a Coronation Street fan and that is the show I really want but I tried several others). I will try and post a log as soon as possible. Oh and Live channels and shows work on bith systems.

Thanks
(2018-07-28, 22:03)SpottedDog Wrote: I am having trouble getting the addon to work on my Win 7 PC with Kodi 18 Alpha 2. It works fine on my Linux Mint PC.
If I enter my login credentials in settings for the addon (Win 7), I get an authentication error. If I delete the addon file \userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.cbc (and leave settings default blank)then only one or two shows will load (preview for Anne with an E, Art is my Country) but most shows won't load just get spinning wheel for a few minutes then nothing (I am a Coronation Street fan and that is the show I really want but I tried several others). I will try and post a log as soon as possible. Oh and Live channels and shows work on bith systems.

Thanks
Cool. I'll have a look at your log.
The authentication error was my fault as I had incorrectly entered my password. Still not getting my show with correct password (just spinning wheel and then nothing). I enabled debug for the relevant period

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/F2zztdM7Mn/
Hi @SpottedDog,

I had a look at your log.  Here is the problem:

Code:
16:56:15.668 T:3976 INFO: ffmpeg[F88]: [hls,applehttp] Opening 'https://cbcvott-a.akamaihd.net/p//38e815a-00f09dfd3e1/CBC_CORONATION_STREET_9509-v2-17881035/segments/CBC_CORONATION_STREET_9509_a7/prog_index.m3u8' for reading
16:56:45.650 T:3976 ERROR: ffmpeg[F88]: [tls] Unable to read from socket
16:56:45.650 T:3976 INFO: ffmpeg[F88]: [https] Opening 'https://cbcvott-a.akamaihd.net/p//38e815a-00f09dfd3e1/CBC_CORONATION_STREET_9509-v2-17881035/segments/CBC_CORONATION_STREET_9509_a8/prog_index.m3u8' for reading
16:56:45.651 T:3976 ERROR: ffmpeg[F88]: [tls] Failed to send close message

Not sure what thats about -- might want to google it. I'll try and look more closely when I have time.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)1