• 51(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
Question 
I noticed recently that I have been having issues with Live streams playing for only a few seconds then stopping. I have been poking around the forums and other sites for almost 2 hours and have seen that it is recommended to use MPEG-DASH. The problem is that "Use MPEG-Dash" is grayed out in the YouTube settings.

I have a Amazon FireTV v2 running the following versions:
KODI v17.6 (running 1080p)
InputStream Adaptive v2.0.19
YouTube v6.02

Everything I see refers to is adjusting settings in either the InputStream Adaptive or the YouTube plugin to address Live streams, but I cannot even do that. Uninstalling and re-installing the YouTube plugin did not help. The only close reference to my issue is from this GitHub post and it refers to an issue being fixed and merged into a new build. That was from back in January 2017.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

==== EDIT ====
I fixed this by installing an older version of YouTube from the repo then enabling MPEG-DASH in it. After that I upgraded it back to v6.0.2 and MPEG-DASH stayed enabled. However, I am still having my other issue (outside of the Live streams) of buffering issues that started about a week ago. I have since come to the conclusion that either my ISP is throttling YouTube or the CDN servers local to me are crap right now because if I connect to a VPN the buffering is magically gone and the live streams play fine. Guess I will need to load my VPN on my FireTVs to fix this for now...
I'm with OSMC last nightly on a RPI2 and while livestreams work at 1080p (both in Twitch and Youtube, using inputstream) I can't play normal videos at this resolution, only at 720p. I have latest stable YT addon version and both min and max bitrates set to 0 in inputstream.
Aside from this 1080p60fps videos don't work right, but I guess it's just the Pi HW decoder's fault.
@moab and @ErChisus If you can provide debug_log (wiki) I'll take a look.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
Is there a way to lower time to start playback ? When I click on a video it takes about 4 seconds for playback to start, which is too slow compared to other YouTube implementations.
Is it because of the buffering, additional round-trips to the server, or the proxy ? Delays like this really spoil the experience of this add-on, which is otherwise very enjoyable.
I'm using LibreElec with Amlogic S912 on a 20mbit connection.
Youtube plugin works with max 720p(mp4) only for me, it's nothing happens when I click for 1080(mpd). inputstream is set to 0/0.
log
@crea If Auto-play suggested is enabled in settings, disabling that will improve play start time. Other than that, the latest alpha has some loading improvements. 

@sany0k It looks like Kodi's ip address needs to be added to the whitelist in Settings - HTTP Server
(2018-07-25, 17:28)anxdpanic Wrote: needs to be added to the whitelist

I tried that, but unfortunately it's the same, 720p only
(2018-07-25, 17:28)anxdpanic Wrote: @crea If Auto-play suggested is enabled in settings, disabling that will improve play start time. Other than that, the latest alpha has some loading improvements.
 Thanks, I will try alpha.
This plugin definitely does something very wrong. Example: Newpipe Android app on my phone which is a total hack that is parsing Youtube pages starts playback in ~1 second max. I understand it's a different device but my phone is not a flagship device (SD 625) and S912 is not weak SoC. I kind of accept this addon will be slower because of running Python code, though. If it does something heavy before starting the player shouldn't it do it asyncronously ?
Also I noticed that changing the buffer to 1MB doesn't make any difference.
"Autoplay suggested videos" increases the delay from 4s to 10s for me. If it needs to fetch "related" videos list, it must be doing it asynchronously. Anyway it was disabled before.
I hope to make the delay 2s max Smile If I'm going to watch full videos, even 4s is not a problem. However if I'm just browsing popular clips to discover something interesting I just need several seconds of playback to decide, and this delay becomes really annoying.
@anxdpanic I tried alpha11 and its much better in other areas (loading widgets etc) but this playback delay is same ~ 4s
I've updated post #2 with beta1

[add] Check My IP, Settings -> HTTP Server
[add] Developer authentication, allowing add-ons to use their own access tokens
      - see youtube_authentication.py, youtube_registration.py, youtube_requests.py, and youtube_resolver.py
[fix] Add to YouTube watch history

@sany0k I added a way to check which IP is connecting to the proxy (Settings - HTTP Server -> Check my IP), this should help identify which IP requires whitelist.

@crea Thank you. Will be looking into improving this in the next round of alphas.
(2018-07-30, 16:07)anxdpanic Wrote: I've updated post #2 with beta1
Time jump issue is fixed. Thanks
@anxdpanic 

I have installed the beta1 about some minutes ago........ i have tryed to watch some video on my osmc setup and right now i obtain an errors on tv say to watch log every video ended... the log report this:
I have pasted here -> https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/Wx5jtfGQ5D/

You can see i have watch a video....... and after problably the errors on log.
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
(2018-07-28, 17:16)crea Wrote: @anxdpanic I tried alpha11 and its much better in other areas (loading widgets etc) but this playback delay is same ~ 4s

I think you might have to live with this delay. You get the same kind of delay with the Netflix addon or similar ones. I think it has to do with the way content is cached and loaded in the Kodi video player module, and with how the inpuststream addon is used, in case it is activated for streaming content on your Kodi box.
AMD Ryzen 5 2700 | Asus ROG Strix B350 ITX | Geforce RTX 2060 
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS | Kernel 6.1 | Nvidia blob drivers | Kodi v20
hey im having issues with the time changing every time i use MPEG-DASH/Inputstream but when i use the regular way 720p it doesnt happen any fix to this  

Thanks
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18