• 43(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
Has the skill changed over the past few days? It doesn't respond to Kodi any more i have to say "Unofficial Kodi" ? It doesn't aways pick up the command if i don't use skill name.
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
Thank you for the add,

When I try to link Kodi instance to Alexa devices in the Alexa skill setup, it doesn't link. I have several devices, and none of them will link.

Alexa Account is set to US, I did disable and enabled several times. The instance is showing in smart home and when I try to link. After I check the connected devise and connect, the list of connected devices is empty.

Has anyone ever had this issue?

Thank you......
@hslansky Could you please try this new version of the addon?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6m5e9hunsihbi...2.zip?dl=1
(2018-10-01, 00:35)jeffds77 Wrote: Thank you for the add,

When I try to link Kodi instance to Alexa devices in the Alexa skill setup, it doesn't link. I have several devices, and none of them will link.

Alexa Account is set to US, I did disable and enabled several times. The instance is showing in smart home and when I try to link. After I check the connected devise and connect, the list of connected devices is empty.

Thank you......
Which skill are you using? "Unofficial Kodi" or "Kodi test" ?
(2018-10-01, 08:14)tkislan Wrote: @hslansky Could you please try this new version of the addon?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6m5e9hunsihbi...2.zip?dl=1

Away on business till Friday so I won’t be able to test till then.
(2018-10-01, 08:15)tkislan Wrote:

Thank you......
"kodi test" and "Unofficial Kodi" I have both in my skills. I tried this for both with same results.

Thank you......
 I hade the same problem.
Before activating the skill wont work but these is now ok .
(2018-10-01, 18:24)Mario S. Wrote:

Thank you......
 I hade the same problem.
May I ask what you did to link them, Ive tried both "Unofficial Kodi" or "Kodi test", Kodi instance and none of my devices will link, neither a single device or multiple.
(2018-10-01, 20:40)jeffds77 Wrote:
(2018-10-01, 18:24)Mario S. Wrote:
(2018-10-01, 08:15)tkislan Wrote: Which skill are you using? "Unofficial Kodi" or "Kodi test" ?  
 I hade the same problem.
May I ask what you did to link them, Ive tried both "Unofficial Kodi" or "Kodi test", Kodi instance and none of my devices will link, neither a single device or multiple.
Only skill activation worked, linking in the Alexa app to my device don't worked.
Hi, I have read a lot of the posts over the last 43 pages and would like to give this a go. I have sent you a pm on reddit. Looking forward to having a play!
Thanks
(2018-10-02, 16:25)Mario S. Wrote:
(2018-10-01, 20:40)jeffds77 Wrote:
(2018-10-01, 18:24)Mario S. Wrote:  I hade the same problem.
Only skill activation worked, linking in the Alexa app to my device don't worked. 
Can you describe how it didn't work?
Having the same issue.

It discovers the device
Press continue
Get a list of Alexa devices
Select the one i would like it to use
Press link devices

Get a message saying 

There are currently no linked devices.

Also a button to link a deice to start the process again.
Got an automated email stating that "Beta test has ended for the Alexa skill"

What do we need to do to keep this running?

Thanks!!
It will not successfully complete the new beta setup: I keep getting:
"Your linked devices,
There are currently no linked devices."

What should I do?

Thanks
(2018-10-06, 01:50)melons2 Wrote: It will not successfully complete the new beta setup: I keep getting:
"Your linked devices,
There are currently no linked devices."

What should I do?

Thanks
If Kodi is not running and successfully connected to Kodi Connect then Alexa cannot find the device.  I just updated to the new beta "Unofficial Kodi" and was able to link my devices.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8