• 5(current)
IPTV Simple Client with archive support
cpp:
return PVR->AllocateDemuxPacket(0)
doesn't work? Btw, can you show me your repo? I'm curious.
(2018-11-07, 21:30)manül Wrote:
cpp:
return PVR->AllocateDemuxPacket(0)
doesn't work? Btw, can you show me your repo? I'm curious.
No, seems it does nothing. Also with DMX_SPECIALID_STREAMCHANGE and still nothing. Maybe I'm missing something.

There is no repo yet. For demuxer I used code from demux-mpegts project (https://github.com/janbar/demux-mpegts). And I don't have input stream handling yet for m3u8 files that's why I'm just using file over http. Until demuxer part is done (if ever).
I'm also not a real demuxer expert, sorry.

For me it makes sense that vp reads forever as live streams do never end. It is the user who decides when streaming shall end, not the add-on.
If live streaming server dies or networking dies then stream ends. And Kodi should stop playing it.
Well, will figure it out eventually. Will take more time but who cares Smile
(2018-11-08, 09:47)ultraman Wrote: If live streaming server dies or networking dies then stream ends. And Kodi should stop playing it.
Well, will figure it out eventually. Will take more time but who cares Smile

Well, no. In case of network/server error the add-on is in charge to try to recover and to deliver empty demux packets as long as the error is there. VP will continue reading, eventually starting to show the "buffering" indicator and user has to decide whether they want to wait or stop.
The question is what happens in Kodi itself when using DVDDemuxerFFmpeg? I think there is a certain timeout, because when a channel "dies" for me, after a certain amount of time the playback stops.
(2018-11-08, 10:02)The Coolest Wrote: The question is what happens in Kodi itself when using DVDDemuxerFFmpeg? I think there is a certain timeout, because when a channel "dies" for me, after a certain amount of time the playback stops.

Yeah, could be. Don't know.
Well, few months back my provider has problems and it happens on some channels that stream did died. And kodi stop playing it and went back to menu. So I would assume same here. Will just send empty packets then.
(2018-11-08, 13:06)ultraman Wrote: Well, few months back my provider has problems and it happens on some channels that stream did died. And kodi stop playing it and went back to menu. So I would assume same here. Will just send empty packets then.

Yep, that's the way to go.
Sorry to butt in here as can't help with any of these technicalities, but just want to point out in case you don't know that the demuxer you are using appears to be written by the maintainer of the mythtv pvr addon and is also @janbar on here.
After I got demuxer working I started thinking about handling input stream. And I realized this is another big task. And ironically already done in inputstream.adaptive addon. So I started looking there how could we achieve archive feature. Seems not easy task either Sad

And journey continues...
@ultraman , hi it could be probably a quick task if you have a look of my branch "devel-demuxing" of the addon mythtv:

https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv/tre...l-demuxing

That shoud be ready to work by copying src/demuxer/* , src/demux.h , src/demux.cpp . You will have to replace the abstract class "Myth::Stream" by your implementation proving something like that MythStream.
Thanks @janbar but I got demuxer working (at least as a prototype because I have almost zero c++ skills). But now the next part would be handling input stream which is much different than what mythtv, vdr, tvh has. M3U8 files must be downloaded, parsed to get segments, redownloading m3u8 file after egments used, ... In my opinion all this is waste of effort to duplicate bunch of code. Most of the functionality could be easily done in Kodi itself (like we have implemented now).

I will still looking for better alternative and now I'm at inputstream.adaptive which only needs to better handle seek command for our use case. But again I'm at the beginning because dont understand code there.
> In my opinion all this is waste of effort to duplicate bunch of code. Most of the functionality could be easily done in Kodi itself (like we have implemented now).

Sure this could be done, but this is not the way we (the Kodi core code maintainers) want to go. We try to have only general functionality in Kodi core to keep the code base clean and to prevent bloat. Lines of code needed to get something running is not the primary indicator when judging quality of a solution.

Actually, we are currently removing lots of non-general stuff from Kodi code base and put those code into (binary) addons and it is still a long way to go to "componentize" Kodi code base.  So, no chance to get that very specific functionality into Kodi core, sorry.
(2018-11-10, 12:09)ksooo Wrote: no chance to get that very specific functionality into Kodi core, sorry.
That's clear. But having same functionality as already present in inputstream.adaptive addon in pvr.iptvsimple addon is nonsense too. That's why I'm looking in inputstream addon to have it there. For now I'm happy with current situation.

Update: Because inputstream.adaptive needs extra info in master m3u8 playlist which providers doesn't support it is not possible to use it for our purpose. Back to square 1.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Simple Client with archive support2