• 52(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
@tkislan Okay I gave it a shot, and now I have:

"Getting The Office from provider. Sorry, provider is having trouble."
(2018-12-04, 23:21)russco Wrote: @tkislan Okay I gave it a shot, and now I have:

"Getting The Office from provider. Sorry, provider is having trouble."

Okay, it seems that I have to get rid of all the old Skills ..
This is really pain in the ass
@tkislan You really should put a link out where people can send you some beer money. I'll happily send you a few, you're doing a great job. Smile
How can I contact you, doesn’t seem that I can PM? I’m interested in trying your skill out!
@tkislan

Thanks.....It seems to be working ok again this morning (no longer get the "no linked devices" message) although Alexa now asks whether to use Kodi or Provider.
Has anyone gotten this to work on Xbox one? I only get a disconnected message.
@tkislan

Many Thanks for in
cluding me in the Beta. I'm now also having the "no linked devices" issue. I set Alexa up on my phone and added the kodi skill. Initially, it worked and all was good. However my phone was jammed full of apps, etc that i don't use and Alexa was lagging as well as making the phone very hot so i did a reset. I reloaded everything and also changed the alexa password (keeping my email address) and even though Kodi is listed, it cannot connect and reverts to "no devices found". The same thing happens on my pc. have I made an error somewhere?
Thanks a lot
It is working beautifully.
(2018-12-04, 22:14)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-12-04, 01:22)mcelliott Wrote:
(2018-12-03, 15:25)tkislan Wrote: I really don't know. I will still try to convince them somehow, or even create some movement from the community, because there is really a lot of people that are still currently using it.
But until that happens, I guess this will be better than nothing.
At least for myself, as I really use it daily.  
 The Plex skill is certified. How is Kodi different? You would have hoped that all of the work the Kodi team does to discourage piracy would count for something, but clearly Amazon want their own private ecosystem.  
Wow, didn't know about that. I will surely contact someone from their team, and ask how the managed to get it certified.
Maybe because it's implemented by their own team. Or maybe because it's a custom skill (but I know that other custom Kodi skill can't get certified either) 
 May also be worth telling Amazon that there is something similar for Google Home, so people may make a choice on purchases based on this skill!
Just tried setting this up...followed the instructions to sign up, add device, add plugin, set up plugin (with email and secret), then register and add the Alexa skill, however once i enable the skill and it says "detecting this might take 20 seconds", I end up with nothing/a blank screen, as if the Alexa site cancelled out of the skill settings.  Tried 2-3 times all with the same result, both in Chrome and even Edge.  Anyone run into similar or have any ideas?
great work tkislan. Thank you!
LibreELEC x NUC DC3217IYE - Sony HT-RT5 - 28TB NAS - Samsung UN65JS8500
would love to use your skill if it is still available?
and I don't know how to directly contact you with my email address. For some reason it doesn't allow me to pm you either.
(2018-12-08, 20:59)Bschill Wrote: and I don't know how to directly contact you with my email address. For some reason it doesn't allow me to pm you either.
 The registration is now (semi-) automated, no need to bother Tomas anymore Big Grin

If you follow the instruction links he Posted here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2797557
setup is done in a few minutes.

So far the skill does what it's supposed to (amazon stop-bug excluded Wink )

Thank you for this skill!
I think that I followed all the steps to get Alexa to work with Kodi but it is not fully functioning yet. I did input the secret code in Kodi Connect. I can ask "Alexa ask Kodi to play xxxx" and it responds "getting xxxx from Kodi". My problem is that I get a popup from Kodi Connect saying nothing found. I also wonder which addon Kodi will use to get the tv show/movie or does it search all my addons? If you can answer this, that would be so great.
Thanks,
Steven
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8