• 35(current)
BOX
(2019-02-05, 16:13)Humdinger Wrote:
(2019-02-05, 11:03)DjCisco Wrote: - With regrad to Youtube, I am not sure if the youtube addon provides that info so that the skin can display it? Do other skins how this? If yes then I will take a look at it.

It does, I just checked with the Estuary skin. They use the bullet point in the cli item list for the status: normal bullet for unseen, a checkmark for seen, and the "halfmoon" for the ones not watched to the end. Also a good idea: showing the clip length (and date, maybe in another view type?).
(2019-02-05, 11:03)DjCisco Wrote: - Font Sizes, Sorry but thats the Skins Style and can't be changed

Yeah, I thought so. To be clear, I didn't mean the user being able to change the font size system wide, but the skin being more compact when showing the controls in full-screen video playback.

I did a mock up to show what I mean.

First, the current look to compare:

This is the mock-up (make sure to view the screenshots at 100% zoomlevel, as the forum may decrease their size... Smile )

I moved the controls down to have all the info at one location and one doesn't have to move one's gaze to see the control buttons and the time line.
The "End time" moved above the "Time left" for the same reason, both times are related and of interest in one look.
I reduced the font size of the movie info to 50%.

Thanks for considering my feedback! 
 Yes, I see what you mean, several skins go for that look, but not BOX so, sorry.
(2019-02-06, 21:36)DjCisco Wrote:
(2019-02-06, 15:46)DjCisco Wrote:
(2019-02-06, 11:31)Dragoninja Wrote: Thank you.. This is an awesome, clean skin. Working great on my Firestick.

I'm just having one issue. This is my setup.. I seldom update my library with new movies, but often update my library with new tv episodes.

Skin Settings..
Home Menu 1: Movies (pointing to a movies playlist of videos from 3 folders on my NAS)
Home Menu 2: TV Shows (pointing to a tv playlist of videos from 1 folder on my NAS)

Library Settings..
I have setup library settings for Movies to "exclude path from library updates" checked.
I have setup library settings for TV Shows to "exclude path from library updates" unchecked.

Now when I want to update my library (tv shows) I select my Home Menu 2: TV Shows icon (which displays all my shows) and go left to the side menu and down at the bottom there is "Update library" under "Numerical Rating"
Now with my remote (even keyboard when on my pc) the select bar does not go down past the "Numerical Rating", so I can't select "Update library" (it works with a mouse though, but I only use a remote on the Firestick).
But when select my Home Menu 1: Movies icon (which displays all my movies) and go left to the side menu, I can go right down to the bottom and can select "Update Library" and it works.
Now since I have "Update library" selected already and go back right to the Movies section, then back up to the main menu and go to Home Menu 2: TV Shows icon and go left to the sidebar menu again, "Update library" is selected and locked on it, as in, I can't move up in the menu.
The only way to fix it is to back out again, go back into Home Menu 1: Movies, go right on sidebar and move the selector up from "Update library".

Has anyone had this issue before? Is there anything I can do to fix it or is it fault in the skin?

Thanks in advance!

I will look into to this tonight.  
 Confirmed, Found, corrected! 
 Thanks! Just wondering if you can tell me what the issue was? I was scouring through the xml files in the 720p folder but could not find anything related.
Also, if you don't mind me asking, how often do you push out these corrections you make?
(2019-02-07, 02:47)Dragoninja Wrote:
(2019-02-06, 21:36)DjCisco Wrote:
(2019-02-06, 15:46)DjCisco Wrote: I will look into to this tonight.  
 Confirmed, Found, corrected!   
 Thanks! Just wondering if you can tell me what the issue was? I was scouring through the xml files in the 720p folder but could not find anything related.
Also, if you don't mind me asking, how often do you push out these corrections you make?  

The left side menu controls like the extra fanart, wide list, update library etc... had Control Ids that where conflicting with Control Ids in some of the views used for tv shows. So if two controls have the same Id the focus was going to another control and no to the control on the left side menu.

I haven't any schedule for implementing/pushing the changes, I do it when I have some time.

The last changes were commited yesterday and are waiting to be processed by the kodi team, so an update should be available in a couple of days.

BTW, a brand new feature comes with the update. a Fully customizable 10 Tile Widget. With this you can have a widget in a Menu that contains for example:1 Music Addon, 1 Video Addon, 1 Android App, 1 Favorite, A Playlist, a TV Channel, you can mix and match however you like.
(2019-02-07, 10:22)DjCisco Wrote:
(2019-02-07, 02:47)Dragoninja Wrote:
(2019-02-06, 21:36)DjCisco Wrote:  Confirmed, Found, corrected!   

The left side menu controls like the extra fanart, wide list, update library etc... had Control Ids that where conflicting with Control Ids in some of the views used for tv shows. So if two controls have the same Id the focus was going to another control and no to the control on the left side menu.

I haven't any schedule for implementing/pushing the changes, I do it when I have some time.

The last changes were commited yesterday and are waiting to be processed by the kodi team, so an update should be available in a couple of days.

BTW, a brand new feature comes with the update. a Fully customizable 10 Tile Widget. With this you can have a widget in a Menu that contains for example:1 Music Addon, 1 Video Addon, 1 Android App, 1 Favorite, A Playlist, a TV Channel, you can mix and match however you like. 
 Great.. thanks for the info!
I just tried your leia branch from github and works great now!
Just a couple of things I'd like to ask..

1) New TV Episodes - when selected gives you the list of the latest episodes, with the poster on the left, the episode title in the middle, and the info on the right.
Are you able to add a view that is exactly like "List Info" but instead of the episode title in the middle, have the TV Show titles. Then maybe put the episode title in the info part on the right? (Maybe call it List View 2 or something?)

2) Not sure if this question is skin related or just kodi related.. How can you make a shortcut/favorite/macro button to Scan for new content on a particular source (which is an excluded path from library updates)?
Right now, every time I want to update my Movies library, as I have setup my TV Shows as the only one selected for library updates, I need to go to Settings-Media-Library-Videos-Movies(right-click)-scan for new content.
I've set it up this way as my Movie library is huge and takes a lot of time to look for updates for no reason when I run Update Library after adding new TV episodes only.
(2019-02-06, 21:47)DjCisco Wrote:
(2019-02-05, 16:13)Humdinger Wrote: I moved the controls down to have all the info at one location and one doesn't have to move one's gaze to see the control buttons and the time line.
The "End time" moved above the "Time left" for the same reason, both times are related and of interest in one look.
I reduced the font size of the movie info to 50%. 
Yes, I see what you mean, several skins go for that look, but not BOX so, sorry.   

Too bad. I think I found the correct files, I'd have to modify (Includes.xml and VideoOSD.xml), but the skinning tags are not obvious to me. Not sure when/if I can find the time to learn the basics of skinning to make changes (for my personal use only). Pointers would be welcome...

Interested in a free, open source OS?
Get Haiku at https://www.haiku-os.org
hello, I use the skin only a few days. I recognized the following. see screenshots.
sorry for my bad English!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hi,

(Vielen Dank für die Hinweise!)That's: thanks for the hints! (for all non german speaking BOX fans) The Bug in the Video OSD, was already known , and has been corrected in Version 6.1.0 which is already available in the kodi repo.

All others have been confirmed. I will correct them during the weekend.
Hi,
Thank you!
at the menu live tv / all channels I noticed something else. the info menu moves over all channels.

ImageImage
(2019-02-10, 00:04)CoolFux Wrote: Hi,
Thank you!
at the menu live tv / all channels I noticed something else. the info menu moves over all channels.

ImageImage
 Done! Including the previously mentioned overlaping labels in music info and video osd. It will be available on the next update.
(2019-02-07, 12:34)Dragoninja Wrote: 1) New TV Episodes - when selected gives you the list of the latest episodes, with the poster on the left, the episode title in the middle, and the info on the right.
Are you able to add a view that is exactly like "List Info" but instead of the episode title in the middle, have the TV Show titles. Then maybe put the episode title in the info part on the right? (Maybe call it List View 2 or something?)
  Ahhh, not a bad idea, however the Data provided in that window is provided by kodi, and kodi give a list of episodes, not a list of tv shows with newly added episodes. >so I dont think that it is possible at all. I will check and see what's possible, but dont get your hopes up.

(2019-02-07, 12:34)Dragoninja Wrote: 2) Not sure if this question is skin related or just kodi related.. How can you make a shortcut/favorite/macro button to Scan for new content on a particular source (which is an excluded path from library updates)?
Right now, every time I want to update my Movies library, as I have setup my TV Shows as the only one selected for library updates, I need to go to Settings-Media-Library-Videos-Movies(right-click)-scan for new content.
I've set it up this way as my Movie library is huge and takes a lot of time to look for updates for no reason when I run Update Library after adding new TV episodes only. 

Yes this has nothing to do with the skin. You could however make your video files a favourite, and then make a custom tile based on that favourite, so that you can directly access your configured video sources, then simply select your source, open the context menu and select "scan for new content"
(2019-02-10, 15:32)DjCisco Wrote:
(2019-02-10, 00:04)CoolFux Wrote: Hi,
Thank you!

ImageImage
 Done! Including the previously mentioned overlaping labels in music info and video osd. It will be available on the next update.

That was fast!
Thanks for working on this nice skin!
Cool thanks for your reply.. I'll try what you mentioned about using favorites.

btw, I was able to swap the episode title and show title myself, so right now when I open my latest episodes the list shows the show names and the episode title is shown at the bottom left corner (I swapped them).
Which works for me, but then when I go into normal tv show view, the view stays the same (ie: showing all episodes in the list as the tv show name) I have to figure out how I can create a new view (like your original one) and be able to use that just for "regular tv shows) not "latest episodes) if you know what i mean.
(2019-02-11, 02:45)Dragoninja Wrote: Cool thanks for your reply.. I'll try what you mentioned about using favorites.

btw, I was able to swap the episode title and show title myself, so right now when I open my latest episodes the list shows the show names and the episode title is shown at the bottom left corner (I swapped them).
Which works for me, but then when I go into normal tv show view, the view stays the same (ie: showing all episodes in the list as the tv show name) I have to figure out how I can create a new view (like your original one) and be able to use that just for "regular tv shows) not "latest episodes) if you know what i mean.
The swaping that you did, does not really fulfill your request, as it does not group the recently added episodes per tv show. If you simply swap the tv show and episode titles, then in case you have 10 recently added episodes of the same show you would see a the same tv show listed 10 times.

I have checked into grouping the recently added eppisodes by tv show and this is unfortunately not possible.  But maybe I just understood you wrong, and you just simply want to see the tv show, within the list of recently added episodes, because currently you have to navigate to a list item in order to figure out to which tv show an episode belongs to. Is that what you ment? That can be done, and it would be be actually quite useful.

Or did I
(2019-02-11, 10:28)DjCisco Wrote:
(2019-02-11, 02:45)Dragoninja Wrote: Cool thanks for your reply.. I'll try what you mentioned about using favorites.

The swaping that you did, does not really fulfill your request, as it does not group the recently added episodes per tv show. If you simply swap the tv show and episode titles, then in case you have 10 recently added episodes of the same show you would see a the same tv show listed 10 times.

I have checked into grouping the recently added eppisodes by tv show and this is unfortunately not possible.  But maybe I just understood you wrong, and you just simply want to see the tv show, within the list of recently added episodes, because currently you have to navigate to a list item in order to figure out to which tv show an episode belongs to. Is that what you ment? That can be done, and it would be be actually quite useful.

Or did I 
 What I mean is that when I click "Latest Episodes" the "List View" I edited to swap the tv show title and episode name title is exactly what I want, as pictured in the 1st image..Image

What I would like, is if it's possible to add a "List View 2" option and be able to choose for just the regular "TV Show" list of all the shows I have to look like the original "List View" that you had, unlike the picture in the 2nd image.. (which only works well when viewing as "Latest Episodes")

Is it possible to add another view and be able to select them separately for "Latest Episodes" and the full "TV Shows" selections?
(2019-02-11, 12:35)Dragoninja Wrote:
(2019-02-11, 10:28)DjCisco Wrote:

Or did I  
 What I mean is that when I click "Latest Episodes" the "List View" I edited to swap the tv show title and episode name title is exactly what I want, as pictured in the 1st image..Image

What I would like, is if it's possible to add a "List View 2" option and be able to choose for just the regular "TV Show" list of all the shows I have to look like the original "List View" that you had, unlike the picture in the 2nd image.. (which only works well when viewing as "Latest Episodes")

Is it possible to add another view and be able to select them separately for "Latest Episodes" and the full "TV Shows" selections? 
 Hi, imagine you had 10 last added episodes of "Call the Midwife". Your list would look like this:

Call the Midwife
Call the Midwife
Call the Midwife
Call the Midwife
Call the Midwife
Call the Midwife
Call the Midwife
Call the Midwife
Call the Midwife

so that's not a solution. 

I have however realized the need to see both the tv show and episode without having to navigate to an item. I will create new special views for the recently added episodes,
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BOX17