Lost IMDB Scraper
Just swapped a 6TB for a 10TB and went to add everything again but I seem to have lost IMDB Scraper and its not in the "Get More" section

I tried "TheMovieDB" but its crap, I have 1454 folders in HD a lot containing more than one file but it only showed just over 1,000 and a lot of them are just given the name "@" or start with "*" and such and when I try to refresh manually with info its only bringing up the same result.  

I am currently trying Universal Movie Scraper, hopefully that goes better but what happened to IMDB one?  I have tried searching forums but cant seem to find out.  

Edit
Just some extra info, I have not changed Kodi version after swapping drive so there is no changes from an update/clean kodi install all I did was remove the folders and re-add them.

Edit 2
UMS seems to be duplicating some films as well.
(2019-02-11, 01:28)alphaomega16 Wrote: what happened to IMDB one
Don't know. Never heard of the IMDB scraper. The closest we have is the Universal Movie Scraper

(2019-02-11, 01:28)alphaomega16 Wrote: Just some extra info, I have not changed Kodi version after swapping drive so there is no changes from an update/clean kodi install all I did was remove the folders and re-add them.
It probably would have been easier if you had Exported your library first before discarding and rebuilding.

(2019-02-11, 01:28)alphaomega16 Wrote: UMS seems to be duplicating some films as well.
So that sounds like problems with your folder and file naming. Read the following...
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It is also naming things wrong, it was never like this beforehand.

Crocodile Dundee is at the top named `Crocodile Dundee II (yes the ` is actually before it so its at the top of the list) then underneath you have *Batteries Not Included (Yes that asterix is how its displayed) and Rise of the silver surfer is "4: Riser of the Silver Surfer" I wish I had just done pass the drive letter around now.

Surprised you have not heard of the IMDB scraper, I had (since its vanished) been using it for years.

Can do an image search for "Kodi IMDB Scraper", info also found here https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:IMDB_Scraper_Library
(2019-02-11, 02:18)alphaomega16 Wrote: Can do an image search for "Kodi IMDB Scraper", info also found here Add-on:IMDB_Scraper_Library (wiki)
That is not a stand alone scraper. It is a helper add-on used by other add-ons. It is used by Universal Movie Scraper.

I can't help you until you read that link I gave you and first try to sort out the issues listed in the first part. If that does not work, the provide all the information in the second part.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-02-11, 02:49)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-02-11, 02:18)alphaomega16 Wrote: Can do an image search for "Kodi IMDB Scraper", info also found here Add-on:IMDB_Scraper_Library(wiki)
That is not a stand alone scraper. It is a helper add-on used by other add-ons. It is used by Universal Movie Scraper.

I can't help you until you read that link I gave you and first try to sort out the issues listed in the first part. If that does not work, the provide all the information in the second part. 
 I did, I just don't understand why just switching drive letters would cause so many problems with some files.

Films it added completely fine before with no issues I had to hunt down in the log file for "No Information Found" and try to sort out every film it had issues with.  I have a SD and a HD version of "The Fallen" the 2006 mini series exact same titles on the SD and HD Versions (Just in an SD and HD folder respectively) and it added the SD ones fine but the HD ones it was having none of it, spent around 20 minutes trying to sort it and it kept picking up the first part as a Babylon 5 film despite the nfo files being exact duplicates of the ones for the sd series and it picking them up no problems before lol.

It was a very strange night and I tell you what opening the log file in Chrome and then using the search those yellow markers on the scroll bar thing are a godsend.

IMDB Scraper used to be a standalone, if you do an image search on google you will see that I always had "Movie Database, Universal and IMDB" scrapers in the list but I have not had the need to check it for quite some time as I had been having no issues with stuff being added.
Indeed you are right, there was a stand alone IMDb scraper, but it has got broken and not available for something like 4-5 years, especially not for recent Kodi versions.

Universal Scraper can be configured to act exactly just like an IMDb scraper.
I am pretty sure you hadn't had IMDb scraper in your Kodi installation and it was UMS configured properly to scrape from IMDb.
(2019-02-11, 19:16)olympia Wrote: Indeed you are right, there was a stand alone IMDb scraper, but it has got broken and not available for something like 4-5 years, especially not for recent Kodi versions.

Universal Scraper can be configured to act exactly just like an IMDb scraper.
I am pretty sure you hadn't had IMDb scraper in your Kodi installation and it was UMS configured properly to scrape from IMDb.
 Possibly, it has been so long since I last checked as everything had been working great all these years.  

So well in fact that my thumbnail folder is ~5GB lol.

If I just search for *.jpg and delete them all it won't do no harm will it?  Some of the stuff is going back to before 2015 on date.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost IMDB Scraper0