• 19(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
(2019-02-20, 18:10)Giant_Midget Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 17:50)Blurayx Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 14:41)Crustybeaver Wrote:  
Are you aware jurialmunkey has already stated he will not be adding this feature. He wants to keep it simple but informative. 

Definitely with you here. Keep it simple. If people want 60+ widgets on their homescreen this is probably not the skin for them. I suggest they check out Titan instead. 
 60 plus widgets? Nothing like exaggerating to make your point. Arctic Zephyr has the feature and still manages to stay clean. What so many seem to overlook is that if you don't add the art it doesn't display, so what's the impact? I swear some of you just like to whinge for no reason. Anyhow I'll most likely mod the skin myself. No interest in Titan but thanks for your patronising suggestion!
(2019-02-20, 23:03)Crustybeaver Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 18:10)Giant_Midget Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 17:50)Blurayx Wrote: Are you aware jurialmunkey has already stated he will not be adding this feature. He wants to keep it simple but informative. 

Definitely with you here. Keep it simple. If people want 60+ widgets on their homescreen this is probably not the skin for them. I suggest they check out Titan instead.  
 60 plus widgets? Nothing like exaggerating to make your point. Arctic Zephyr has the feature and still manages to stay clean. What so many seem to overlook is that if you don't add the art it doesn't display, so what's the impact? I swear some of you just like to whinge for no reason. Anyhow I'll most likely mod the skin myself. No interest in Titan but thanks for your patronising suggestion! 
We really don't want your negative and rude remarks on this thread. 

Thank you
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
Allow me to remind everyone of one aspect of the forum rules (wiki):

Quote:2.1 General conduct
1 Be civil.
2 Polite language is required.
3 Respect the coding efforts of Kodi devs and other coders. Calling a program or add-on “worthless” will be automatically deemed as disrespect.
4 Respect the efforts of the forum moderators and those answering questions or writing guides. They are working for free in a fairly thankless job.
5 Make an effort to read any sticky threads in the forum you're posting in, along with FAQs and Online Manuals.
6 Be patient. Kodi's user base is global and there are many more forum users asking questions than writing answers. Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping your own post unless you have new information to add.

All users here agreed to them when they signed up for their accounts. But there does seem to be a certain lack of at least the first three.

Consider this a friendly reminder...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yes, please let's keep it civil guys. I encourage feature discussions with the caveat that people provide reasoning behind their ideas and that they don't get upset if I veto a suggestion.

The thing to keep in mind with AZ1 is that there were many things I added that I ultimately wished I didn't add. If I was happy with the old version I would just update it to Leia and there wouldn't be any need for v2.

I'm against skeuomorphic designs and that's why I don't include things like DVD case textures in my skins. In AZ2 I'm trying to work towards even more minimalism - that's why I've removed things like reflections.

Considering that with streaming and downloads, media sources are no longer always from physical media, it feels like discart is a bit redundant. I get it from a collector perspective though, and that's why it's included in the artwork gallery section.

Also keep in mind that I'm trying to integrate info with extended info as much as possible and it doesn't provide discart
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-02-21, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yes, please let's keep it civil guys. I encourage feature discussions with the caveat that people provide reasoning behind their ideas and that they don't get upset if I veto a suggestion.

The thing to keep in mind with AZ1 is that there were many things I added that I ultimately wished I didn't add. If I was happy with the old version I would just update it to Leia and there wouldn't be any need for v2.

I'm against skeuomorphic designs and that's why I don't include things like DVD case textures in my skins. In AZ2 I'm trying to work towards even more minimalism - that's why I've removed things like reflections.

Considering that with streaming and downloads, media sources are no longer always from physical media, it feels like discart is a bit redundant. I get it from a collector perspective though, and that's why it's included in the artwork gallery section.

Also keep in mind that I'm trying to integrate info with extended info as much as possible and it doesn't provide discart
 Voice of reason​​​​​  Smile
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
AZ focuses on minimalism, this leaves a nice thing to see on screen, sometimes I put other skins to see "different" things but I always go back to AZ the simplicity and lightness makes it so sweet.
As the skin is open code anyone can change for their taste, of course it is not so easy but if you really want to see it in it you should be able to work in the middle of the codes and leave it to your liking
Xioami Mi Stick - Kodi 18.8
Libreelec 9.2.X - Kodi 18.8
Raspberry Pi 3
(2019-02-21, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yes, please let's keep it civil guys. I encourage feature discussions with the caveat that people provide reasoning behind their ideas and that they don't get upset if I veto a suggestion.

No problem, like others have said I can adapt the skin to suit. My intention was not to hijack the thread, but I wasn't going to tolerate some of the patronising comments from others. I respect your decisions you make with the skin and it's design, it's looking great and I'm sure the finished version will be a great alternative to AZ
(2019-02-21, 10:03)Crustybeaver Wrote:  My intention was not to hijack the thread, but I wasn't going to tolerate some of the patronising comments from others. 
@Crustybeaver my comment wasn't intended to be patronising and I apologise if that is how it was received.
Are we there yet? jk , cant wait! Smile
(2019-02-20, 00:22)jurialmunkey Wrote: @iophobia -

And TV Channels view:

I like the guide view and the minimalism there. I also think I don't need the name there, not sure on the number tho

But for the channel view I would prefere are more vertical list style with the channel number, icon and name on the left side. On the right top quarter the information of what's currently running on that channel. On the right bottom quarter an overview of what's running after.
(2019-02-21, 11:16)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2019-02-21, 10:03)Crustybeaver Wrote:  My intention was not to hijack the thread, but I wasn't going to tolerate some of the patronising comments from others. 
@Crustybeaver my comment wasn't intended to be patronising and I apologise if that is how it was received. 
No need to apologize, my message wasn't aimed at you. Anyhow I'd sooner we just put it to bed, the subject doesn't need any more debate.
Only little feature I'd like is in file manager and skin settings.

I like to add my own wallpapers and icons so Ihave folders for such artwork. Add them via file manager, then when setting menus up I can navigate to them easierly. But I noticed in previous AZ skins that when say I want to change an icon on the menu, I navigate to the folder then its a choice of up or down to find the icon. It only moves one space at a time. In other skins If I press right I can then jump page per page instead of item after item in the menu. Can be time consuming when I'm searching for an icon from a folder that contains over 180 custom icons I created.
Beautiful skin. You are very talented jurial
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
(2019-02-21, 19:27)mattyspurs76 Wrote: Only little feature I'd like is in file manager and skin settings.

I like to add my own wallpapers and icons so Ihave folders for such artwork. Add them via file manager, then when setting menus up I can navigate to them easierly. But I noticed in previous AZ skins that when say I want to change an icon on the menu, I navigate to the folder then its a choice of up or down to find the icon. It only moves one space at a time. In other skins If I press right I can then jump page per page instead of item after item in the menu. Can be time consuming when I'm searching for an icon from a folder that contains over 180 custom icons I created.
Yep. I already have this covered. Scrollbars are in all relevant dialogs. Smile
(2019-02-21, 19:14)NeroBoron Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 00:22)jurialmunkey Wrote: @iophobia -

And TV Channels view:

I like the guide view and the minimalism there. I also think I don't need the name there, not sure on the number tho

But for the channel view I would prefere are more vertical list style with the channel number, icon and name on the left side. On the right top quarter the information of what's currently running on that channel. On the right bottom quarter an overview of what's running after.
There will be a couple of view options for pvr.

I'm not sure if I can quite visualise your suggestion for channels view, however. Do you have an image/screenshot example of roughly what you mean?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226