• 54(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
(2019-03-21, 11:47)cr_avinash Wrote: Is there a Way to put this feature in Arctic Zephir? something like "autohide OSD" after X seconds?

This functionality is already present in the skin and you can get it to autohide the OSD after a configurable timeout.
(2019-03-21, 12:31)RZR1988 Wrote: I am not able to get the Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes ratings to display, any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Did you follow the instructions on the first post?

RottenTomatoes and Metacritic Setup via SkinHelper and OMDB api
1. Install the beta version of skin helper from marcelveldt's beta repository: https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.1.zip
2. Go to omdb and get an API key. If you are lucky you can get a free key, but please consider donating to omdb via Patreon to keep omdb alive: http://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx
3. Once you have an API key, go to Skin Settings > Manage Dependencies and click script.module.metadatautils to open its settings,
4. Go to the API section of the settings and enter your omdb api key, then press OK to save your settings.
5. Close Kodi and delete simplecache.db from kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simplecache/simplecache.db 
This step is not necessary and is only needed to force kodi to rebuild the skinhelper cache.
6. Open kodi and your ratings should now work. It can take a little while for skin helper to retrieve ratings for the focused item the first time around, so make sure you give it a little bit of time before reporting problems.

I think step 1 is no longer needed after an update to the stable version recently.
(2019-03-21, 08:24)baikan4ik Wrote: Hello. Bug layout bug with position and overlapping for notifications
 This should be fixed in the latest release https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...2/releases
(2019-03-21, 12:50)Weavus Wrote:
(2019-03-21, 12:31)RZR1988 Wrote: I am not able to get the Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes ratings to display, any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Did you follow the instructions on the first post?

RottenTomatoes and Metacritic Setup via SkinHelper and OMDB api
1. Install the beta version of skin helper from marcelveldt's beta repository: https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.1.zip
2. Go to omdb and get an API key. If you are lucky you can get a free key, but please consider donating to omdb via Patreon to keep omdb alive: http://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx
3. Once you have an API key, go to Skin Settings > Manage Dependencies and click script.module.metadatautils to open its settings,
4. Go to the API section of the settings and enter your omdb api key, then press OK to save your settings.
5. Close Kodi and delete simplecache.db from kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simplecache/simplecache.db 
This step is not necessary and is only needed to force kodi to rebuild the skinhelper cache.
6. Open kodi and your ratings should now work. It can take a little while for skin helper to retrieve ratings for the focused item the first time around, so make sure you give it a little bit of time before reporting problems.

I think step 1 is no longer needed after an update to the stable version recently. 
Yeah I followed those steps, no joy. I must have done something wrong somewhere.... but I have no idea of what that might be :/
(2019-03-21, 12:54)Weavus Wrote:
(2019-03-21, 08:24)baikan4ik Wrote: Hello. Bug layout bug with position and overlapping for notifications
 This should be fixed in the latest release https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...2/releases 
now notifications from addon dissapeared...only "Waiting..." and triple point appear twice. "Waiting... ..."
When pulse info does not show me the current and finish time under seekbar. Which may be the reason?

ImageImage
Hi

I cant get "Play Trailer" to work in Arctic: Zephyr 2 - version v0.9.14 Alpha

Its only videos from youtube that works in the bottom of the info section that works

Any suggestions? I have downloaded youtube addon and the script that is requested to play trailers

Screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rt-qJ1l...sp=sharing

Thanks in advantage

Lars
Awesome skin so far!

I came across one detail tho thats keeping me away from using it already, and thats the watched state indicators missing on several views.

In PVR recordings and on most viewmodes in the YouTube and Twitch app VODs I cannot see which VODs are already begun and resumeable.

Not a big deal because this skin is in the very early stages but just throwing this issue into the ring. Wink
(2019-03-21, 10:53)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 23:50)LeVvE Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 23:08)jurialmunkey Wrote: 1. Kodi handles remembering viewtypes, not the skin. However, the skin does have an option to force a viewtype - you can use the "lock" icon to lock a viewtype to a content type (e.g. media info view for all episode views).

2. I can't replicate this bug. Doesn't happen for me. 
Issue 1 completely breaks Kodi view layout as going back to the default skin doesn't fix the issue either, I also uninstalled everything but the default add-ons but it was still broken, had to delete the entire Kodi folder to get it working again. I'm going to try install AZ2 again and see if I can get the same issue because then maybe some dependency is breaking it?

I've found one issue so far that I can replicate with a fresh install: If you lock for example a TV show season layout and go into another season, change the layout there (this will change it for all unlocked ones in your library except the locked ones) and then go back out to the locked one and unlocked it, try to change layout again and it no longer follows the default sorting layout.

Locking something once bugs it. 

You are misunderstanding how the lock function works in this skin.

Locking will lock the viewtype to ALL content of that type (e.g. for ALL seasons views, or ALL movies views etc.). If you then change the viewtype, it will now be unlocked. You can't lock it for only one season or something like that. It is either locked to all season views, or it is unlocked.

All the lock does is disables all views types EXCEPT the selected viewtype for that content type. Because there are now no other viewtypes available for that content type other than the locked one, Kodi is then forced to use the locked viewtype. 
 That sounds really weird because that's exactly what Kodi does without the lock function if I change on one movie set for example it changes on all of them, still doesn't explain why once you've locked something once it will never follow the one you set no matter what skin you use.
(2019-03-19, 10:07)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-19, 09:44)mamachan Wrote: Where is the power menu?
And the music control icons (stop, pause, play, ecc......)?

Thanks

You can add the power menu to your home menu:
Skin Settings > Home > Customise Home Menu
Add item on left
Choose item for menu
Common > Power.

I don't know what you mean by music controls. On the music screen when you press OK like they've always been. 
Sorry, but with nvidia shield remote is impossible to control music. If i press OK the song goes back a few seconds.
(2019-03-20, 22:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: 1. No categories widget - have to use either submenus or hubs. You can open a hub based upon your submenu with ActivateWindow(1135) rather than having to press a direction
2. Not providing options for this. AZ has always been a light and simple skin with only basic options.
3. No colour overlay. Use Aura for things like that.
4. I've found the alphabet strip buggy and adds lots of overhead for some systems, so I haven't included it. However, I do have a "fake" strip which is really just a scrollbar disguised as the alphabet strip. Hopefully sualfred will release his embruary functions as a standalone add-on, because his alphabet strip implementation there is much less taxing and isn't as buggy.
5. There is an artwork gallery at the bottom of the info screen. Trying to keep things simple and minimise additional options.
6. No to genre colours. I felt it didn't suit the skin. 
damn shot me down on everything Smile
i kind of expected it, never hurts to ask.
I am very happy with AURA but do like the Vertical Menu of AZ2.

Wonderful work on both, thank you so much.
Loving the skin so far, was wondering if there's any way of adjusting the background blur, it's too much for me tbh.
Is there some option to set widget limit to unlimited? The maximum is 100 Undecided
Hi Jurialmunkey. First just want to say thank you for all the work which goes into your skins, its made my experience of Kodi so good and has gone a long way to help me in ways you wouldnt know, so thank you. 

A small issue which you may say isnt skin related, but want to ask. Ive set a widget for my trakt collection via an addon, now through addon i have it as 'hide watched' but on widget it shows all including watched. I have gone into settings of 'skin helper service widgets' and ensured that 'Hide watched items in video widgets' and 'hide watched items in similar widgets' are both ticked but the widget does still show the entire collection. 

Can you advise if this is a bug or a fixable thing?

Many thanks again.
What an incredibly great skin.
I like almost everything about it except the homescreen/menu. It it not as intuitive as Aura.

What i miss are the widgets when the horizontal menu is at the bottom of the screen.
For me it's pretty convenient to see recent added media etc as widgets.

Is the homescreen written in stone?
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226