• 52(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
(2019-03-20, 17:36)Giant_Midget Wrote: Hi Jurial,

Im getting a weird bug whenever Kodi updates library items and artwork (seems to happen every time i receive a notification). I get two lines of text, one of which goes right across the library artwork. See photo for what i mean. Cheers!

https://imgur.com/a/lGfy1FA

Thanks for reporting this bug.
If it is what I think it is, hopefully it should be fixed on latest master
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...master.zip

Can you test and confirm?
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-03-20, 17:56)LeVvE Wrote: Been waiting for this since Kodi 18 released, so I've been testing it a bit and I've found a few things in the newest alpha.

1. When you set a "List View" it only sets it for each TV show or one movie sets, it used to set it across all of them so I didn't need to sort them all manually.
For example I want "Info Wall" when I got into a TV show or movie set but it I set it on show A and go into show B it's showing default "List" view. (This is on the .13 alpha, didn't have this one the .5)

This will be an issue later on if you let us enable "kiosk" mode.

2. On the home screen when you click left with vertical menu to go into the submenu you need to click up instead of right to go back.

This is what I've found that is still in the newest alpha, some other things were already fixed so you're quick to fix things.

1. Kodi handles remembering viewtypes, not the skin. However, the skin does have an option to force a viewtype - you can use the "lock" icon to lock a viewtype to a content type (e.g. media info view for all episode views).

2. I can't replicate this bug. Doesn't happen for me.
(2019-03-20, 23:05)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 17:36)Giant_Midget Wrote: Hi Jurial,

Im getting a weird bug whenever Kodi updates library items and artwork (seems to happen every time i receive a notification). I get two lines of text, one of which goes right across the library artwork. See photo for what i mean. Cheers!

https://imgur.com/a/lGfy1FA

Thanks for reporting this bug.
If it is what I think it is, hopefully it should be fixed on latest master
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...master.zip

Can you test and confirm? 

Thank for the quick response. I'll install the update and report back if it hasn't fixed it.

Edit: been using it for the past 30 minutes and it seems to have fixed it!
(2019-03-20, 18:04)Weavus Wrote: First off, thank you so much for the fantastic skin, you have really knocked it out of the park with this alpha release!

Few questions/suggestions:

1) Will icons be returning to the horizontal / multi widget menu layout as an option? Right now I think the top menu bar is not prominent enough without them for new users.
2) Would it be possible to have an option to turn off the press up to either go to the submenu or hub menu from the home screen as I think it has the potential to be a bit confusing to some users?
3) Could the menu text in the home menu use the highlight selection colour? 
4) Is it possible to centre the nodes in the submenu?
5) Personally I think having the clear logo on the poster info view type is not needed when you have the poster and name already there:
But obviously I'd want to retain it in views where the fanart is being shown in isolation.
6) Lastly, any chance it would be possible to have an Info Wall view for recently added episodes? As per the picture above, the posters would be the series posters and the right hand image the episode thumb.

Thanks!

1. Yes definitely. Just haven't added it yet. Waiting until everything else is settled.
2. You can disable the submenu entirely by deleting all the submenu items for that mainmenu item.
3. Maybe, I'll have a look and see whether I like it.
4. I'm on the fence about this one. Definitely possible, just not sure which way I prefer (and don't want to add an option because trying to minimise number of options).
5. I will have a setting for disabling the clearlogo on fanart, but it will be an all or nothing thing I'm afraid.
6. But wouldn't all the posters be the same?
(2019-03-20, 18:17)baruchin Wrote: I've been using original AZ for ages now, I just love it. When I saw that you started developing AZ2 I was the happiest. Thanks for giving us the best skins for Kodi, jurial. You rock.

I've been testing the alpha releases and man, you did again a great job.
I'm using the basic horizontal one widget layout. I like minimalism, and the resemblance to original AZ. I have the background widget on home screen set to display my latest added movies and another one to my latest added tv shows. I love the minimalistic design, and the fanart cycling, but I think that adding the clearlogo or a subtle movie or show name with the skin font to the lower right corner would be awesome. I know that pressing up displays the movie name, but I like to leave the home screen cycling through the fanart on my TV.Image
Yeah I think this is a great idea. I'll have a look at adding it tonight after I finish work.
(2019-03-20, 23:17)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 18:04)Weavus Wrote: First off, thank you so much for the fantastic skin, you have really knocked it out of the park with this alpha release!

Few questions/suggestions:

1) Will icons be returning to the horizontal / multi widget menu layout as an option? Right now I think the top menu bar is not prominent enough without them for new users.
2) Would it be possible to have an option to turn off the press up to either go to the submenu or hub menu from the home screen as I think it has the potential to be a bit confusing to some users?
3) Could the menu text in the home menu use the highlight selection colour? 
4) Is it possible to centre the nodes in the submenu?
5) Personally I think having the clear logo on the poster info view type is not needed when you have the poster and name already there:
But obviously I'd want to retain it in views where the fanart is being shown in isolation.
6) Lastly, any chance it would be possible to have an Info Wall view for recently added episodes? As per the picture above, the posters would be the series posters and the right hand image the episode thumb.

Thanks!

1. Yes definitely. Just haven't added it yet. Waiting until everything else is settled.
2. You can disable the submenu entirely by deleting all the submenu items for that mainmenu item.
3. Maybe, I'll have a look and see whether I like it.
4. I'm on the fence about this one. Definitely possible, just not sure which way I prefer (and don't want to add an option because trying to minimise number of options).
5. I will have a setting for disabling the clearlogo on fanart, but it will be an all or nothing thing I'm afraid.
6. But wouldn't all the posters be the same?  

1) Cool.
2) Trouble is I still want a submenu, accessed when selecting the menu item. It's only a minor niggle anyway so maybe ignore.
3) The default selection colour is white anyway so won't change anything unless a highlight colour is chosen.
4) Fair enough.
5) Fair enough.
6) I'd just want to use that view for my global recently added episodes view where the majority of shows would be different, not a view for an individual show.

Thanks
After updating to. 13 I can't see some of the widgets I added.
Only 6 out 10 show, all custom playlists of local files with content I could see before the update.

All added to a single item btw.
(2019-03-20, 23:08)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 17:56)LeVvE Wrote: Been waiting for this since Kodi 18 released, so I've been testing it a bit and I've found a few things in the newest alpha.

1. When you set a "List View" it only sets it for each TV show or one movie sets, it used to set it across all of them so I didn't need to sort them all manually.
For example I want "Info Wall" when I got into a TV show or movie set but it I set it on show A and go into show B it's showing default "List" view. (This is on the .13 alpha, didn't have this one the .5)

2. On the home screen when you click left with vertical menu to go into the submenu you need to click up instead of right to go back.

This is what I've found that is still in the newest alpha, some other things were already fixed so you're quick to fix things.

1. Kodi handles remembering viewtypes, not the skin. However, the skin does have an option to force a viewtype - you can use the "lock" icon to lock a viewtype to a content type (e.g. media info view for all episode views).

Issue 1 completely breaks Kodi view layout as going back to the default skin doesn't fix the issue either, I also uninstalled everything but the default add-ons but it was still broken, had to delete the entire Kodi folder to get it working again. I'm going to try install AZ2 again and see if I can get the same issue because then maybe some dependency is breaking it?

I've found one issue so far that I can replicate with a fresh install: If you lock for example a TV show season layout and go into another season, change the layout there (this will change it for all unlocked ones in your library except the locked ones) and then go back out to the locked one and unlocked it, try to change layout again and it no longer follows the default sorting layout.

Locking something once bugs it.
(2019-03-20, 23:50)LeVvE Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 23:08)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Issue 1 completely breaks Kodi view layout as going back to the default skin doesn't fix the issue either, I also uninstalled everything but the default add-ons but it was still broken, had to delete the entire Kodi folder to get it working again. I'm going to try install AZ2 again and see if I can get the same issue because then maybe some dependency is breaking it?

I've found one issue so far that I can replicate with a fresh install: If you lock for example a TV show season layout and go into another season, change the layout there (this will change it for all unlocked ones in your library except the locked ones) and then go back out to the locked one and unlocked it, try to change layout again and it no longer follows the default sorting layout.

Locking something once bugs it. 
It's all messed up again, clean install. When I go into a movie set they are all set to random layouts and changing one will not change all of them together like they did before I locked that 1 folder earlier.
Still going to stick with AZ1 for now, but just checked out the AZ2 Alpha and it seems great so far! The name is very apt, it's a total upgraded version of AZ1.
jurialmunkey, I noticed there's no option to set Weather fanart  (Normally a setting found under > Settings > Background)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office
: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to display extrafanart, it does work with Aura
Really great Kodi skin! Here's what i've found:
1. Custom highlight color isn't used in List View, Media Info View, Media Info 2 View, PVR Guide and PVR Channels.

2. Although they are named Dialog*.xml i think it would be better to give PVR OSD Guide and PVR OSD Channels the default color instead of the dialog color. Both screens nearly fill the hole screen and there's no other content behind it like it is with a menu dialog.

3. PVR Info screen has a "(" after the channel name and program title should be centered.

4. PVR Timers and Timers Rules are missing an indication if the timers are activated or deactivated.

5. In PVR Timer Rules under the big logo there's always "no information available". I don't think timer rules provide any genre with any pvr backend, so the number of total timers inside the rule would fit here.

6. Will we get sorting methods for submenu hub widgets?
(2019-03-20, 05:35)Aenima99x Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 04:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 04:25)Aenima99x Wrote: Any chance of adding a view similar to Big Icons from AZ1? Or maybe getting the ClearLogo added in the Poster view?

Poster view is similar to BigIcons... Huh     
Yes, but there's no ClearArt

AZ1                                                                                                                                                                                       AZ2
ImageImage 
@jurialmunkey  Don't want to be a pain.....just wondered if you saw this and might be open to adding the ClearArt in the view?
Hey @jurialmunkey,

Not sure if this is already implemented in the new version, but after digging for a while I found a really old thread about adding a "Back to Full Screen" button into the sub menu when you back out of a video. You put the code that would be needed and where (myvideonav.xml) in that thread, which worked perfectly! Just curious if this is something you'll be including in V2?

Thanks for all the amazing work!
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226