Plot & Cast not showing on LibreELEC
I am posting in here because I don't believe the issue I am having is skin specific.

Here is the problem I am having. I have a few skins that display Plot & Cast when I press Info on my Harmony remote. I have tested 4 skins so far and the Plot & Cast works great with Movies, but on TV Shows I only get the plot. However, this is not the case on my Windows machine. It has the same skin configuration as my LibreELEC setup, as well as the same add-ons, but yet it just doesn't seem to work. I am just baffled over this, because usually I can sort this type of stuff out pretty much by myself.

I appreciate any help on this one.

Thanks,

Shedrock
Could you please share screenshots to compare. And also share a Debug Log (just in case).

Thanks
(2019-03-24, 09:04)DaVu Wrote: Could you please share screenshots to compare. And also share a Debug Log (just in case).

Thanks
 Here is the log file as requested: https://paste.kodi.tv/jumivulojo.kodi

I have attached 2 images. One using Windows, and the other using LibreELEC 9.0.1

Windows:

LibreELEC:
Thanks,

Shedrock
Is there a MySQL DB in use or does each client has it's own DB?

In case each client has it's own DB, could it be possible that those shows have been scraped at a different time where probably the cast was missing first and probably added later? In meaning....if you refresh the info for the specific TV show, does the cast come up then?

Only on my mobile currently, so I can't test an Ubuntu installation compared to LibreELEC myself. I don't suspect a LibreELEC related problem, tbh. Maybe Linux based in general, but would even doubt that.
@DaVu - They are both separate databases.
Ok, have you tried refreshing the tv-show/episode info then?
@DaVu - Yes, but that doesn't work. This is also a new installation. I also reinstalled LibreELEC on another test box and same issue. I also did a fresh installation of Kodi (Windows) and it works every time.
@DaVu - I just noticed something. If I go to settings > addons > Library Data Provider and select "Recent Episodes" and then pull up the info, I can see the "Cast". I have no clue why that is, but it's definitely not skin related. Unless all the skins that display Plot & Cast have an issue. Hope this helps in trying to diagnose the problem.

UPDATE: I also checked it using this method. Videos > Files TV Show Folder > Season 1 > Episode 1 and the cast does in fact show. I am at a lost because Aeon MQ 6, 7 8, as well as Aeon Nox Silvo is not displaying the Cast info for TV Shows via DialogFullscreenInfo.xml, but does work for All movies.

Thanks,

Shedrock
I will have a look later this evening. Thanks for your findings
https://imgur.com/a/PdmcjGO

This is AeonMQ8 with LibreELEC showing both, plot for the episode and cast on DialogVideoInfo.xml

I would seriously take a look at your db file if the cast/actors have been scraped. I have to admit that the screenshot above isn't from a recently added TV show. It's a TV show I scraped long time ago and which is then added to that Kodi instance via NFO-only.

I can do further tests if needed. But I highly guess that's either something skin related (beside the fact that AeonMQ8 works fine for me here) or some scraping issue. If you check your DB file and see that actors are also written into it but the Skin in question doesn't show it, then I would still say this is somehow skin-related. It's for sure not LibreELEC-specific as Estuary also is showing both (plot and cast).

Meanwhile, while writing the above, I did a short test and added some dummy files to LE and let them scrape online (a show I never had before):

https://imgur.com/a/6JhfnQQ

It still shows plot and the cast. I'm not sure what is going wrong on your side, tbh.

It's probably Debug Log time Wink
(2019-03-25, 21:09)DaVu Wrote: https://imgur.com/a/PdmcjGO

This is AeonMQ8 with LibreELEC showing both, plot for the episode and cast on DialogVideoInfo.xml

I would seriously take a look at your db file if the cast/actors have been scraped. I have to admit that the screenshot above isn't from a recently added TV show. It's a TV show I scraped long time ago and which is then added to that Kodi instance via NFO-only.

I can do further tests if needed. But I highly guess that's either something skin related (beside the fact that AeonMQ8 works fine for me here) or some scraping issue. If you check your DB file and see that actors are also written into it but the Skin in question doesn't show it, then I would still say this is somehow skin-related. It's for sure not LibreELEC-specific as Estuary also is showing both (plot and cast).

Meanwhile, while writing the above, I did a short test and added some dummy files to LE and let them scrape online (a show I never had before):

https://imgur.com/a/6JhfnQQ

It still shows plot and the cast. I'm not sure what is going wrong on your side, tbh.

It's probably Debug Log time Wink
That's actually not the view I was referring to DaVu. That's the DialogVideoInfo view. The view I am referring to is the DialogFullscreeInfo view as shown in the attached images I provided. I also did 3 brand new installations of LibreELEC 9.0.1 on 3 seperate systems, with 4 different skins and all the scraping was done from scratch. I think it's safe to say that all the skins can't have the same issue.

I did notice that I can see the Plot & Cast if I start the video from the skin widgets, Library Data Provider and from Video > Files. The code below is what's not being displayed  for TV Shows. Again, It works perfectly with all Movies. If this is not a LibreELEC issue, then why would the same skins work with Windows 10 with the same setup?

xml:
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.CastAndRole]</label>

Shedrock
Ah, sorry, my bad. I can reproduce this now. I compared with AeonMQ8 on my Ubuntu installation and seeing the same as you.

LE = not working
Ubuntu = working.

I would recommend to head over to the LibreELEC forums as it seems to be completely LE specific. I'll talk to the team members in the meantime.

Thanks much for that.
@DaVu - I just installed LibreELEC again, so this is about the 5th brand new installation. Here is the screenshot on House of Cards that I just freshly scraped from the TVDB.

Shedrock
yes yes, all fine. As said, I can reproduce that now and also don't see why currently Wink

Give us some time please Wink
(2019-03-25, 22:14)DaVu Wrote: yes yes, all fine. As said, I can reproduce that now and also don't see why currently Wink

Give us some time please Wink
No problem DaVu.I appreciate the help. Also, I will not start a thread over on the LibreELEC forum because you stated you would talk to the team members.

Please keep me posted when a solution has been found.

Thanks again,

Shedrock

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plot & Cast not showing on LibreELEC0