• 59(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
(2019-03-24, 22:10)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 22:04)cryptid Wrote: love the skin! on the question how it's performing on lower spec systems, compared to the old version this works better/nicer but is also slightly slower in response time when navigating. i'm on a M8S Pro running android 5.1.1
Mhhmm... and if you disable Vetical fixed focus does it improves significantly or pretty much the same? 
Can't seem to find that setting!
did double check that it was set to optimize for low performance systems though, and seems like it had reset when i changed from 0.3 to 1.0
works a bit better now and would say response time is now roughly the same as it was with 0.3

by the way, is there a way to prevent all widgets from reloading every single time you navigate between hubs and/or home?
wow fantastic work and it runs great, thank you very much.

I just have a problem with script.skin.helper.service
I get an error on startup and the ratings and artwork stuff don't work like it used to prior to the upgrade, nothing shows up.
This happened on both of my systems.

i erased kodi and started from scratch on one of my macs and only installed the skin with it's add-ons and nothing else.

here is my log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/yixuxomona.kodi

I hope it's only a small thing.

maybe someone can point me to the right direction.

thanks a lot
(2019-03-24, 22:48)neurosis13 Wrote: wow fantastic work and it runs great, thank you very much.

I just have a problem with script.skin.helper.service
I get an error on startup and the ratings and artwork stuff don't work like it used to prior to the upgrade, nothing shows up.
This happened on both of my systems.

i erased kodi and started from scratch on one of my macs and only installed the skin with it's add-ons and nothing else.

here is my log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/yixuxomona.kodi

I hope it's only a small thing.

maybe someone can point me to the right direction.

thanks a lot
you have an improt error related to cherrypy module. I'll have to look at that.
please try to use this version here and install cherrypy module from here (note that you might have to turn updates off for this test so they won't force upgrade)
Is anyone else having an issue with spotlight content??

@Cartman.dos

Just got to say the update from the previous was massive for me, everything looks and works how I want it to already now, there was things I forgot to mention to you before that are now working so I literally am loving this. I spent about 20 mins with it earlier before I came to work and I got to say it really is amazing the work that's been done, thank you for the added widgets (can't wait to delve deeper into them when I get home). I've got 4 days off after today's shift so will have a little play with it, but wow that's all I can say. Doesn't really seem like much more you could do to improve it now.
(2019-03-24, 22:20)dzjugo Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 22:07)dzjugo Wrote: How do I remove the black border on the bot of the thumbnails? Big Grin
 Skin Settings -> General Tab -> under Border Size for thumbs header, set value for unfocused to zero. 
Imagehttps://imgur.com/OwyXM0w

Are we talking about the same thing Big Grin
Nope Smile
you're referring to Tag Overlays...
It is set for Home, Hubs, Search ('The BINGIE Views') here:
And specifically in library views here:
(2019-03-24, 22:26)cryptid Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 22:04)cryptid Wrote: love the skin! on the question how it's performing on lower spec systems, compared to the old version this works better/nicer but is also slightly slower in response time when navigating. i'm on a M8S Pro running android 5.1.1
Mhhmm... and if you disable Vetical fixed focus does it improves significantly or pretty much the same?  
Can't seem to find that setting!
did double check that it was set to optimize for low performance systems though, and seems like it had reset when i changed from 0.3 to 1.0
works a bit better now and would say response time is now roughly the same as it was with 0.3

by the way, is there a way to prevent all widgets from reloading every single time you navigate between hubs and/or home? 
For all who're asking about 'fixed vertical settings'. This is the setting -
The one below is for having the constant moving frame.
The setting is for having the item in home/hubs always stay in position when scrolling vertically.
that setting is not available for me. it goes straight from "layout for widgets" to "auto play trailers in home & hubs"

side note: how do I make my own category like "hulu original series" and "food and travel" and then populate it?
(2019-03-24, 23:19)tantrum080 Wrote: Is anyone else having an issue with spotlight content??

@Cartman.dos

Just got to say the update from the previous was massive for me, everything looks and works how I want it to already now, there was things I forgot to mention to you before that are now working so I literally am loving this. I spent about 20 mins with it earlier before I came to work and I got to say it really is amazing the work that's been done, thank you for the added widgets (can't wait to delve deeper into them when I get home). I've got 4 days off after today's shift so will have a little play with it, but wow that's all I can say. Doesn't really seem like much more you could do to improve it now.
Thanks a lot Smile happy to hear that.
I'm trying to answer everyone so didn't get to your first post just yet.
So if i understand right, when trailer starts in spotlight it switches content for the spotlight, right?
The important part is if it happens when it is set to the default spotlight (not the recommended by recent watched or custom) ?
Because it shouldn't. The default spotlight content is somewhat-recommended and somewhat-recently added Tvshow (33.3% of times) or Movie (66.6%).
It is set on kodi start up and will not change unless library has updated.
This is done to enable mixed content and also avoid the behavior you described. You see, kodi has a built-in behavior to refresh all content when player starts playing/stops, unfortunately they are not excluding trailers (but if enough ppl ask.....).
So - trailer starts/stops -> all content refreshes -> if widget is not DETERMINISTIC then content will change.
This also the reason for widgets always refreshing with auto trailers, i hate it, you hate it, but it's either i get some wicked idea on hacking this behavior or Kodi devs adding a bypass option for that behavior that i can implement.
(2019-03-24, 23:19)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 22:20)dzjugo Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 22:10)cartman.dos Wrote:  Skin Settings -> General Tab -> under Border Size for thumbs header, set value for unfocused to zero. 
Imagehttps://imgur.com/OwyXM0w

Are we talking about the same thing Big Grin ?  
Nope Smile
you're referring to Tag Overlays...
It is set for Home, Hubs, Search ('The BINGIE Views') here:
And specifically in library views here:
Thank you! Smile Still have a lot to learn! Pretty new to kodi.
(2019-03-24, 23:29)cryptid Wrote: that setting is not available for me. it goes straight from "layout for widgets" to "auto play trailers in home & hubs"

side note: how do I make my own category like "hulu original series" and "food and travel" and then populate it?
 It should appear if you're using v1, BINGIE Layout, did NOT disable Spotlight Widget and did NOT enable setting for Low Performance.

About custom categorie - you can't customize the categories, although that's an interesting option to have. but you can add a custom widget with any content you want in edit shortcuts->widgets...
AND BY THE WAY, from skin helper widgets->mixed->playlist, you can have all the playlists available from the search suggestion and even have it order by any way you want...
(2019-03-24, 23:44)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 23:29)cryptid Wrote: that setting is not available for me. it goes straight from "layout for widgets" to "auto play trailers in home & hubs"

It should appear if you're using v1, BINGIE Layout, did NOT disable Spotlight Widget and did NOT enable setting for Low Performance.

About custom categorie - you can't customize the categories, although that's an interesting option to have. but you can add a custom widget with any content you want in edit shortcuts->widgets...
AND BY THE WAY, from skin helper widgets->mixed->playlist, you can have all the playlists available from the search suggestion and even have it order by any way you want... 
Would be awesome to see this in the future. If we could customize our own categories, this would help with movie collections ect. (perhaps having a collections tab on the sidebar) 
Just a suggestion Big Grin
(2019-03-24, 19:05)Lastpost Wrote: Any idea how to disable the overlay that pops up full-screen in the library. Would like to disable it, Bingie main view looking at movies and it starts after 3 seconds.

Hope you understand what I mean.
 One of the options for that view will be Big Plot Overlay. Just turn that off
Is this a new version of the Bingie skin?
Thanks. Turning off low performance fixed it.
Server/Client 1 - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Libreelec Docker Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Omega (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci Remote - Logitech Harmony Companion (Hub)
The continue watching text on widgets is all lowercase. It should be Continue Watching.

Also, is there a way to get clearlogo rather than clearart on the top right when osd is active? I'm scraping clearart using Artwork Beef but there isn't a lot of it compared to clearlogos.
Server/Client 1 - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Libreelec Docker Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Omega (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci Remote - Logitech Harmony Companion (Hub)
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26