• 63(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
@cartman.dos Excellent work as expected, kudos and appreciation for this amazing release!
Just restored my bingie 0.3beta skin backup, all seems to work smooth and fine on my config; unfortunately I'm also facing ratings, status, codec and studio logo issues like others did. It's really strange because, as you can see, infos are all present and correctly displayed in (59) Big Panel view or any other view, even in Plot & Critics, everywhere except 523 Binge main view. Exact same thing happen for Movies if 523 view is used.

EDIT: It seems that this issue happened because I'm using Vertical Big Home Vertical Layout, which doesn't show properly all new and modified options you made to customize the new Binge Home layout. It was enough to change layout, check options I needed and then switch back to my home layout to have ratings back; only Studio logo still has some issue: it only shows after I changed in-hub view but, if I exit at home page for then re-enter in movies/tv shows section, logo disappear again. Really weird....

About PVR: finally context menu inside Live TV hub is working, allowing to switch through Channels, Recorded, Guide, etc... Up/Down OSD buttons to switch channel are now working fine too BUT few minor issues still persist: in Slim OSD time bar, channel logo and Total Length are missing, while Default OSD is missing time bar and Total Lenght.
Bingie OSD style show properly time bar and remaining time but it misses Channel logo, End at..., Total Lenght and actual Time. All these issues only happen in live tv, no problems at all when playing tv shows, movies or music.
I remember that all your changes are made without a proper live tv provider so I understand how hard could be to fix all those small glitches by trial & errors, so really thanks for your big efforts .FYI, mardukL seems to have addressed all these issues in his latest release.
Its happen in widgets addons, thanks
I have the skin personalised again, except one thing I had in the 'old' titan in krypton but I don't know where to find it anymore. 
In which xml's can I find the color settings? Especially the one's for the 'tags on widgets'. (I know I can adjust them in the settings in the skin, but that is not what I'm looking for.)
for all who find having issue with studio logos, skin helper cache once in 14 days so it could be that if you already had a working database with skin helper.
and deleting simplecache.db would force new caching. On my end they're showing as usual...
you could also try to revert SH and cherrypy module like I mentioned in this post.
2838124 (post)
(2019-03-25, 12:13)Lastpost Wrote: Sorry, I see it's only showing the image containing the left panel - thought I uploaded both at the same time, sorry. Those are the settings atm for that layout, but I would love to hide this overlay-panel:
https://imgur.com/hjCOP7N
That one starts 3 seconds after staying at a movie and only closes when I move to another one. 

And thank you for the answer about the genre icons, but I found out (Kodi issue, not skin related) that it won't work unless I rename the images within your resource.images.moviegenreicons.bingie to the language I use so I had to recompile it, hope you don't mind making my own in Dutch. 
Crazy that Kodi doesn't link the genre to an ID but rather to the name used for a genre, this way it only showed Thriller and horror because we don't use another name for them in the Netherlands haha. 
OK, it is the big overlay plot as someone has mentioned, i'll add the option for it in next update. for now, switch viewtype (any other than 523/525), open content menu, switch OFF the 'big overlay plot', then go back to the view you want...should be solved.
(2019-03-25, 13:07)louisefindlay23 Wrote: I've definitely got English set as my user interface language. 

The show cleartart (if available) at top-right if OSD-panel is active. I'd prefer clearlogo because I have more of them. I use PlexKodiConnect as well so it may be related to cscott1's issue. 
Changed the 'continue watching' to be capitalized. about clearart/clearlogo, skin makes very little use with clearart and clearlogo is already visible by default when pausing, so it doesn't make sense to me to make it appear more on screen and neglect clearart completely, sorry.
(2019-03-25, 13:29)cscott1 Wrote: @Cartman Absolutely loving the new skin aside from a few minor hiccups already mentioned. If you are taking requests for optional features I have one I mentioned a month or so ago. If possible it would be great to have the option in skin settings to use fixed vertical focus where the widget has the partial thumb on the left of the focused thumb alongside circular navigation while being able to disable the slim menu. I know this is not how Netflix behaves I wanted to strangle them when they implemented the slim menu. I know you are probably more interested in bug fixes at the moment so don't mind this being put on the backburner.
The partial thumb on left & circular i wasn't able to pull off without first focused item being the second one in list, which was a dealbreaker for me.
(2019-03-25, 14:38)grote345 Wrote: I do have the experimental widgets enabled l but for some reason all the recommend widgets are not working , gonna do a complete unistal of kodi tonight let see if that helps it was working before !
Do your kodi database has watched items? if you did not watch anything there won't be a base reference to compare when returning you recommended items, which is desired behavior. (this is true for 'top picks' and 'recommended' methods)
(2019-03-25, 14:49)cookem Wrote: Homescreen layout -> Widgets -> Layout for widgets 
no longer has small posters or posters as options 

Configure shortcuts -> Edit menu shortcuts ->Widgets -> Widget rows 
no longer has Single Widget large as an option 
OK, found it and i believe i fixed it, you can grab in git to test urself if u don't want to wait for an update.
(2019-03-25, 15:31)dzjugo Wrote: How do you install Bingie on xbox?
In file manager you can type in the git address and get the zip for the repo, then install the skin, that's it (look in installation instructions in the first post of the thread)
(2019-03-25, 16:16)LukeHansford Wrote: How do you make it so it defaults and focuses on the first widget in the first menu when Kodi starts?

On the older .03 Bingie skin when you load Kodi the first home menu widget has it focused and shows the info for the first widget.

Currently after the Bingie loading splash screen it shows just the menu and have to press down or right for it to show me the widgets info.

Also can you fix the studio icons not showing for the continue watching and unwatched TV show library widgets.

Studio icons show fine from external add-on widgets but not from the library ones.

I have cleared all my artwork dB and cache.

Thank you
need some clarifications...if you're in bingie layout and have spotlight showing then it should focus spotlight on startup...
about studio logo, look at my first comment in this post.
(2019-03-24, 20:39)f0rheX Wrote: Hi there i'm new here and i just created a account to tell you that i have been watching this thread for a few weeks just waiting on your release and oh boy let me tell it was worth every single refresh really good job @cartman.dos  the skin is great but it left me with a question i don't know if its only me but i liike extras and as such i do have alot of Extras content like "behind the scenes and making of" on each movie folder with another folder inside called "Extras" and i wanted to ask if there was any possibility to add on trailers tab you know like on netflix "trailers and more..." tab anyways the question is, is there anyway to somehow link my extras folder content on the trailers tab?
Thanks Smile
That feature would be nice, only issue with that is kodi doesn't actually scrape this items. so i have to search it myself via script. which will require a certain structure or else it could fail miserably, like if someone has all his movie files in one directory and not each movie in its own dir. even then, i couldn't supply meta(info) because again, kodi doesn't scrape that (to the best of my knowledge)
(2019-03-25, 16:59)FlashOne Wrote: @cartman.dos Excellent work as expected, kudos and appreciation for this amazing release!
Just restored my bingie 0.3beta skin backup, all seems to work smooth and fine on my config; unfortunately I'm also facing ratings, status, codec and studio logo issues like others did. It's really strange because, as you can see, infos are all present and correctly displayed in (59) Big Panel view or any other view, even in Plot & Critics, everywhere except 523 Binge main view. Exact same thing happen for Movies if 523 view is used.

EDIT: It seems that this issue happened because I'm using Vertical Big Home Vertical Layout, which doesn't show properly all new and modified options you made to customize the new Binge Home layout. It was enough to change layout, check options I needed and then switch back to my home layout to have ratings back; only Studio logo still has some issue: it only shows after I changed in-hub view but, if I exit at home page for then re-enter in movies/tv shows section, logo disappear again. Really weird....

About PVR: finally context menu inside Live TV hub is working, allowing to switch through Channels, Recorded, Guide, etc... Up/Down OSD buttons to switch channel are now working fine too BUT few minor issues still persist: in Slim OSDtime bar, channel logo and Total Length are missing, while Default OSD is missing time bar and Total Lenght.
Bingie OSD style show properly time bar and remaining time but it misses Channel logo, End at..., Total Lenght and actual Time. All these issues only happen in live tv, no problems at all when playing tv shows, movies or music.
I remember that all your changes are made without a proper live tv provider so I understand how hard could be to fix all those small glitches by trial & errors, so really thanks for your big efforts .FYI, mardukL seems to have addressed all these issues in his latest release.
Thanks!
About view523, yep. you r correct, i mistakenly addressed the ratings/mediacodec/studios to bingie views footer instead of general views...
About pvr, i'll progress bar to all others (i forgot about it...).
BINGIE OSD - End at..., Total Length they're left out intentionally as this osd in meant to be clean&simple, also time/clock is out. can consider to give an option for them though...
beside that two others are lacking Total Length - could look into it.
and default osd is the only one with correct logo? if so, then at least i have a place where it works to just transfer to the others...
and yeah, pvr is a bitch without proper pvr to test on... Big Grin
(2019-03-25, 20:25)MovieMan123 Wrote: I have the skin personalised again, except one thing I had in the 'old' titan in krypton but I don't know where to find it anymore. 
In which xml's can I find the color settings? Especially the one's for the 'tags on widgets'. (I know I can adjust them in the settings in the skin, but that is not what I'm looking for.)
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan....xml#L1830
?
First of all, thanks for the awesome update!

Is there any way I can change the color of the small sideblade menu? I'd like to make it slightly more transparent, but I couldn't seem to find it in the custom color options or the XML files.

Also, for some reason I can't seem to find the default widgets from the skin? I checked all menus and even deleted all widgets, but they are still showing? I know you said they where supposed to be assigned in the 'home' section, but they are not in my case.
(2019-03-25, 07:43)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 07:30)XtreMaster Wrote: any option to stop the trailer after finish the first time? its because sometimes i idle in one movie poster and i dont want to repeat the same trailer when idling

you need to state where does that happen, this should not happen in home & hubs's widgets but may happen in library.    

its happen in library and in widgets addon, when i highlight a poster movie after 5 seconds start trailer then when its finished after another 5 secs starts again the same trailer and go on after i change the poster movie and it does the same thing. i prefer if it just play trailer once
(2019-03-25, 22:25)XtreMaster Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 07:43)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 07:30)XtreMaster Wrote: any option to stop the trailer after finish the first time? its because sometimes i idle in one movie poster and i dont want to repeat the same trailer when idling

you need to state where does that happen, this should not happen in home & hubs's widgets but may happen in library.      

its happen in library and in widgets addon, when i highlight a poster movie after 5 seconds start trailer then when its finished after another 5 secs starts again the same trailer and go on after i change the poster movie and it does the same thing. i prefer if it just play trailer once  

Yeah I should apply it to the library as well...as for addons...i'll have to see, i use a unique identifier to recognize last played item - database id, obviously that's lacking for addon's content, so will see what can be done to replace that.

(2019-03-25, 22:20)dkln Wrote: First of all, thanks for the awesome update!

Is there any way I can change the color of the small sideblade menu? I'd like to make it slightly more transparent, but I couldn't seem to find it in the custom color options or the XML files.

Also, for some reason I can't seem to find the default widgets from the skin? I checked all menus and even deleted all widgets, but they are still showing? I know you said they where supposed to be assigned in the 'home' section, but they are not in my case.
If you mean the black slim-menu on bingie that indicates your hub/home then it's currently hardcoded
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan...e.xml#L506

you said you find them, but then after deleting all widget that they still showing... confused here...
If you wish to disable them, change layout to bingie, go to shortcuts.
in home there will be most of the widget, change content to 'none'.
there will one in each - tv shows, movies.
beside that there are seperate widget for hubs that are controlled withing the hub's screen when it is unlocked...
to restore all widgets/menu entries you can use the restore button in configure shortcuts tab, same for hubs...
Great Update, I did a fresh install and scanned my library again (Not for the skin) and it works perfectly.  If you have a idea to make my widgets load quicker that would be a great help, some load very quickly some a little slower, I have 18 in total on my Shield, all my content is on the local network. How can I get rid of the banner underneath the categories widget? the image will say Action and so will the banner. When I click on TV shows on the widget it does not go into season mode straight away, is there a way to fix that? Lastly any addons you would recommend I have just installed Upnext, any others? Thanks again for this superb skin, best I've seen.

I had the same happen to me. Even though i had deleted all the widgets on the Home screen in all the hubs, the original 8 pre-loaded widgets would still show up.
The only way to sort that problem out for me was to do a Restore Menu Items in the skin settings.
(2019-03-25, 21:02)cartman.dos Wrote:
In file manager you can type in the git address and get the zip for the repo, then install the skin, that's it (look in installation instructions in the first post of the thread)
It gives a "remote share" "Path not found or invalid"
(2019-03-25, 14:49)cookem Wrote: Homescreen layout -> Widgets -> Layout for widgets 

OK, found it and i believe i fixed it, you can grab in git to test urself if u don't want to wait for an update.
Ok I pulled and tested it out and it mostly worked but 1 thing missing is the following....

Configure shortcuts -> Edit menu shortcuts ->Widgets -> Layout for widgets
(2019-03-25, 23:39)dzjugo Wrote:
It gives a "remote share" "Path not found or invalid" 

tested just now.
(2019-03-25, 23:57)cookem Wrote:

Ok I pulled and tested it out and it mostly worked but 1 thing missing is the following....

Configure shortcuts -> Edit menu shortcuts ->Widgets -> Layout for widgets 
OK, you just need this file replaced - https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan...2f7390a4d9
(2019-03-25, 23:18)ron1n Wrote: Great Update, I did a fresh install and scanned my library again (Not for the skin) and it works perfectly.  If you have a idea to make my widgets load quicker that would be a great help, some load very quickly some a little slower, I have 18 in total on my Shield, all my content is on the local network. How can I get rid of the banner underneath the categories widget? the image will say Action and so will the banner. When I click on TV shows on the widget it does not go into season mode straight away, is there a way to fix that? Lastly any addons you would recommend I have just installed Upnext, any others? Thanks again for this superb skin, best I've seen.

'banner' you referring goes by 'tags' in titan settings, you can change it for bingie views (home, hubs, ..) and library separately.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2838128

widget-loading related - replace all widgets with library-nodes/playlists. widgets from skin helper widgets does pre-processing, thus take more time to load...
when you click tvshows on the item from categories it should take you to all tvshows level...not seasons... ?
about addons, i really just use what is required by the skin. and also trakt for sync, tag generator for writing tags, and iptv simple client...keeping it simple...

(2019-03-25, 23:38)CK77 Wrote:

I had the same happen to me. Even though i had deleted all the widgets on the Home screen in all the hubs, the original 8 pre-loaded widgets would still show up.
The only way to sort that problem out for me was to do a Restore Menu Items in the skin settings. 
mhmm.. i deleted the widgets now and they did not appear, as they should....
maybe skin shortcuts didn't reloaded the info yet? tried a restart for kodi after changing the widgets?
Thanks mate, regarding the TV shows I meant in the widgets it takes me to the information page for the show I've clicked rather than the season/episodes.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26