• 65(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
(2019-03-26, 00:15)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 23:18)ron1n Wrote:  
mhmm.. i deleted the widgets now and they did not appear, as they should....
maybe skin shortcuts didn't reloaded the info yet? tried a restart for kodi after changing the widgets? 
This happened to me when I installed the new skin.
I guess it got mixed up with my old menu structure from the old bingie skin.
After loading the new skin i would see the preloaded widgets on the home screen, but when i went to edit the menu, it showed no widgets at all for the home screen hub. Even after a restart it was the same.

When i reset the menu the standard widgets were still there, as expected, but now they would also show up in the edit menu area, so i could delete them and then add the widgets i like.

I just rebuild my menu structure and now everything is ok again. It's also loading quicker now that the previous version
Mentioned this a couple days ago made a short video to show strange behavior of missing thumbnails .

https://youtu.be/szaHAi_bhil
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Awesome job on the skin!!! I really appreciate all your efforts man!

Only issue I'm having is the global search doesn't actively search like the youtube demo you showed (Items being filtered as you type). Also my keyboard is a normal QWERTY style keyboard on screen not the Netflix style. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks again mate!
(2019-03-26, 11:17)cscott1 Wrote: Mentioned this a couple days ago made a short video to show strange behavior of missing thumbnails .

try replacing includesbingie.xml with this one
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan...Bingie.xml
(2019-03-26, 11:47)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-26, 11:17)cscott1 Wrote: Mentioned this a couple days ago made a short video to show strange behavior of missing thumbnails .

try replacing includesbingie.xml with this one
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan...Bingie.xml

OK I will as soon as I get home from work thanks. I'll report back how it goes.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-03-26, 11:37)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: Awesome job on the skin!!! I really appreciate all your efforts man!

Only issue I'm having is the global search doesn't actively search like the youtube demo you showed (Items being filtered as you type). Also my keyboard is a normal QWERTY style keyboard on screen not the Netflix style. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks again mate!
for the moment being, bingie search is only enabled in bingie layout from mainmenu (not video libraries) - although that will change ultimately...
it does actively search unless you're typing in the 'real keyboard' mode. 
so basically the keyboard non-qwerty layout (like netflix) is not really a keyboard, just a 'hack' i made to make it look and act like one. real/complete keyboard is available when setting is enabled in skin settings, with that setting on there will be a keyboard icon next to the search label that switches the keyboard. this is mainly to allow non-English typing and voice command (in shield, if you longpress enter - doesn't matter from where as long as the complete keyboard is activated).
(2019-03-25, 23:18)ron1n Wrote: Great Update, I did a fresh install and scanned my library again (Not for the skin) and it works perfectly.  If you have a idea to make my widgets load quicker that would be a great help, some load very quickly some a little slower, I have 18 in total on my Shield, all my content is on the local network. How can I get rid of the banner underneath the categories widget? the image will say Action and so will the banner. When I click on TV shows on the widget it does not go into season mode straight away, is there a way to fix that? Lastly any addons you would recommend I have just installed Upnext, any others? Thanks again for this superb skin, best I've seen.

I read a couple years ago Marcel said to disable all views that you are not using to load widgets faster, I don't know if there have been changes to the code since then to negate that advice. Maybe Cartman can comment on the matter?
(2019-03-26, 12:32)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 23:18)ron1n Wrote: Great Update, I did a fresh install and scanned my library again (Not for the skin) and it works perfectly.  If you have a idea to make my widgets load quicker that would be a great help, some load very quickly some a little slower, I have 18 in total on my Shield, all my content is on the local network. How can I get rid of the banner underneath the categories widget? the image will say Action and so will the banner. When I click on TV shows on the widget it does not go into season mode straight away, is there a way to fix that? Lastly any addons you would recommend I have just installed Upnext, any others? Thanks again for this superb skin, best I've seen.

I read a couple years ago Marcel said to disable all views that you are not using to load widgets faster, I don't know if there have been changes to the code since then to negate that advice. Maybe Cartman can comment on the matter? 
mhhm...this is one the of the things I do myself, it will help performance but only when navigating inside library to the best of my knowledge.
but everything that you don't need, disabling will help perfomance. also, limiting scraping/caching artwork to the needed ones (so for ex, i don't need banners, discart, ...)
(2019-03-26, 12:52)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-26, 12:32)cscott1 Wrote:

mhhm...this is one the of the things I do myself, it will help performance but only when navigating inside library to the best of my knowledge.
but everything that you don't need, disabling will help perfomance. also, limiting scraping/caching artwork to the needed ones (so for ex, i don't need banners, discart, ...)  
Honestly I think this is a huge problem and may be causing a lot of the slow loading problems for folks and maybe something that should be added to your home page Bingie introduction hints and tips or whatever you call it. Artwork Beefs settings by default pulls a huge amount of artwork if you run it before configuring it to the bare minimum. this will choke a lot of the android boxes to death lol been there.
(2019-03-26, 13:12)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-26, 12:52)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-26, 12:32)cscott1 Wrote: I read a couple years ago Marcel said to disable all views that you are not using to load widgets faster, I don't know if there have been changes to the code since then to negate that advice. Maybe Cartman can comment on the matter?   
Honestly I think this is a huge problem and may be causing a lot of the slow loading problems for folks and maybe something that should be added to your home page Bingie introduction hints and tips or whatever you call it. Artwork Beefs settings by default pulls a huge amount of artwork if you run it before configuring it to the bare minimum. this will choke a lot of the android boxes to death lol been there. 
Yeah, i'll add that, which changes have you done to artwork beef? maybe you're on to something i missed out on..
(2019-03-26, 13:22)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-26, 13:12)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-26, 12:52)cartman.dos Wrote: mhhm...this is one the of the things I do myself, it will help performance but only when navigating inside library to the best of my knowledge.
Yeah, i'll add that, which changes have you done to artwork beef? maybe you're on to something i missed out on..  
honestly I only pull clearlogos and landscape thumbs the rest of the artwork is pulled when doing a library scan. the default Artwork Beef settings pulls multiple artwork for everything if you have a large library it can be thousands of pictures it literally ate up all the memory on one of my Mi boxes to the point I had to delete Kodi and start over.
Beside already mentioned Square, Small Squares and Small Posters, it's also missing Landscape (the small one from original Titan) in Custom widget layout.
The only options I see available are Landscape Large, Landscape Details, Poster Details and Landscape Widebox
(2019-03-26, 13:29)FlashOne Wrote: Beside already mentioned Square, Small Squares and Small Posters, it's also missing Landscape (the small one from original Titan) in Custom widget layout.
The only options I see available are Landscape Large, Landscape Details, Poster Details and Landscape Widebox

try latest git, just replace the extras folder and xml folder.
ps - also did some pvr changes, if you want to check out...
(2019-03-24, 17:12)tantrum080 Wrote: Ok so not sure if this how you wanted spotlight to work but the way it works now is if I highlight spotlight, it will load the trailer for the current film in spotlight but as soon as the video loads - the info changes right away to the next film - causing the issue of whatever trailer is being shown is not the same as the details on the screen as is showing the next movie synopsis instead so if you click play you are playing a diff film than the trailer you just watched, also once the trailer finishes it does not autoplay the next one and just stays on that screen and also does not update unless I highlight something else and go back to spotlight - then the same issues occur all over again.

Anyway you could fix this, or is it just me having this issue?? Also I had an idea of pressing right or left trigger to go to the next spotlight content of possible instead of having to wait for it to change - even though right now it's not changing without clicking off of spotlight and back on

@Cartman.dos

If I use the option "set spotlight content to recommendations based on recently watched" I have this issue,
If I use the default spotlight option (all options off apart from "auto play trailer for spotlight content" - then my spotlight will only load the film "Mary Poppins" for some reason. I have plenty of watched movies and TV shows in my library so not sure why this happens - I have uploaded a video of the behaviour that happens - it's 10 mins but should show you what seems to be happening.

Also quick note, when loading up initially if I press down on the remote the bingie side bar menu pops up everytime only happens when starting up but not sure why this is.

Http://Youtu.be/bS7bu98fyRM

Edit: using custom content with spotlight shows this shows more of what I'm talking about when it plays the previous trailer.

https://youtu.be/GLwJ8OaZVpU
I can't get clearlogos to show when OSD is paused. Where are they supposed to appear? Using PlexKodiConnect in addon mode. Would configuring direct paths help?
Server/Client 1 - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Libreelec Docker Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Omega (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci Remote - Logitech Harmony Companion (Hub)
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26