• 478(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
question, why are we not all using media portal?, its been so many years since I last used it I cant remember why I didnt like it, that has MADVR integration.
(2019-03-25, 14:42)Nemesis200SX Wrote: Hello

Here is the debugging file

https://pastebin.com/mjs3KCcf

I don't see anything that sticks out in the log. Are you using any kind of add-ons or keyboard.xml's for your remote? I don't know how to translate these two entries:

13:38:09.238 T:12960    INFO: * Adding remote mapping for device 'Microsoft MCE'
13:38:09.238 T:12960    INFO: * Adding remote mapping for device 'Abstract'
(2019-03-26, 00:08)mclingo Wrote: question, why are we not all using media portal?, its been so many years since I last used it I cant remember why I didnt like it, that has MADVR integration.

I prefer Kodi. MediaPortal look alright. I simply haven't bothered to try it.
Hi, are there the possibility of not having the OSD on the screen when pausing movies? I tried to modify the file string DialogSeekBar.xml of the Estuary skin by deleting the "Player.Paused" item but without results. How can I do? Thank you.
(2019-03-25, 23:00)ashlar Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 11:00)madjockxbmc Wrote: Not getting any good vibes from that for sure. Sad
On the contrary, FernetMenta clearly stated that a binary add-on for an extra video-renderer could be possible. The real problem is that I'm not sure if that could happen without madshi involvement.

I like your positive outlook, I however think it is even more clear that apart from a whole Dsplayer recode that is not really happening, then Madshi is the only person who could do this "addon" , and I can never see that happening.
@mclingo, from my experience (I've not used it either, but I've worked with it), the reason that people aren't using MediaPortal is that it's at a nightmare stage of MediaPortal (not 2) is the more popular one, is stable, and has strong plugin and skin support, but has core flaws preventing future improvement. MediaPortal2 has a better system for more modern features like 3D, HDR, idk, but has breaking changes in the skin and plugin framework, not enough devs to iron out the massive changes it underwent, and has the catch 22 of no one will write plugins because the core doesn't work, but no one will work on the core because there's no skins or plugins to make switching worth it.
That's my uninformed, second hand knowledge of it. I personally don't like Titan (the only skin I've heard of for MediaPortal), and Estuary is fucking gorgeous (thanks Phil).
Developer for Shoko and Nakamori. Long time user of Kodi, before it was even called Kodi. My XBOX died long ago, but Windows is still just as broken and necessary. I obviously watch anime, given my first comment. Video games, manga, music, you name it.
(2019-03-26, 12:11)da3dsoul Wrote: @mclingo, from my experience (I've not used it either, but I've worked with it), the reason that people aren't using MediaPortal is that it's at a nightmare stage of MediaPortal (not 2) is the more popular one, is stable, and has strong plugin and skin support, but has core flaws preventing future improvement. MediaPortal2 has a better system for more modern features like 3D, HDR, idk, but has breaking changes in the skin and plugin framework, not enough devs to iron out the massive changes it underwent, and has the catch 22 of no one will write plugins because the core doesn't work, but no one will work on the core because there's no skins or plugins to make switching worth it.
That's my uninformed, second hand knowledge of it. I personally don't like Titan (the only skin I've heard of for MediaPortal), and Estuary is fucking gorgeous (thanks Phil).

cool, thanks for your opinions on this, I'll stick with DS for now until it breaks, I think it will be a while before a new version of MADVR or LAV wont work with it, hopefully Smile
(2019-03-26, 03:26)Warner306 Wrote:

I don't see anything that sticks out in the log. Are you using any kind of add-ons or keyboard.xml's for your remote? I don't know how to translate these two entries:

13:38:09.238 T:12960    INFO: * Adding remote mapping for device 'Microsoft MCE'

No nothing... except madvr and DS Player Kodi runs with the "out of the box" settings. For Kodi I am using a second Bluetooth Keyboard Logitech K400r.
Which version of Media Portal supports madvr?
Both afaik. I could be very wrong though
Developer for Shoko and Nakamori. Long time user of Kodi, before it was even called Kodi. My XBOX died long ago, but Windows is still just as broken and necessary. I obviously watch anime, given my first comment. Video games, manga, music, you name it.
LAV filters too?
Yes, but you could find out with minimal Google effort. There's tutorials for it
(2019-03-27, 08:34)Nemesis200SX Wrote:
(2019-03-26, 03:26)Warner306 Wrote:

No nothing... except madvr and DS Player Kodi runs with the "out of the box" settings. For Kodi I am using a second Bluetooth Keyboard Logitech K400r. 

I don't read many debug logs. I assume you had debugging enabled? Did you try including the pdb file as explained in the DSPlayer guide? If so, you don't have a single error in that log. So I don't know what the issue could be.
still think he should scrap the program files install and get the portable version working, I suspect there is an issue with the install / registry entries, i've had issues in the past where I had to completely strip KODI out of program files/ program data/registry/appdata etc and one where I had to reinstall windows, this is why I moved to portable, if it breaks I just create a new version and copy in my user data, two minute job. Or restore the entire folder alone using system restore data using shadow explorer.
is there a alternative pvr client for TVHeadend whitch is kompatible with madVR? HTSP dosnt work, and Simple IPTV works with madVR but it cant timeshift and record
  • 478(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47