Linux No PPA for Ubuntu 19.04 - Disco Dingo
The beta came out a couple of days ago. I installed it on a test machine and found out that there's no Disco PPA for Kodi. Latest one is Cosmic.

Not a big problem yet, but I'd guess there will be more than a few folks who do the upgrade.

Adding the PPA then doing an apt update results in: Err:6 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu disco Release  404  Not Found

Going to: http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu/dists shows that disco hasn't been created yet.

Just a heads up.

FYI: Ubuntu 19.04 beta release date: March 28, 2019
       Kernel freeze: April 1, 2019
       Ubuntu 19.04 release date: April 18, 2019
(2019-03-30, 00:47)Terry604 Wrote: The beta came out a couple of days ago

You named it the correct way. It's a "beta". And I highly guess, as long as some distro is in beta-state, @wsnipex will simply not care Wink. Just wait until there's a final version.

Anyway. Still want to thank you for the pointer.
(2019-03-30, 07:22)DaVu Wrote:
(2019-03-30, 00:47)Terry604 Wrote: The beta came out a couple of days ago

You named it the correct way. It's a "beta". And I highly guess, as long as some distro is in beta-state, @wsnipex will simply not care Wink. Just wait until there's a final version.

Anyway. Still want to thank you for the pointer. 
The nightly's are beta too.

Folks who like to be on the 'bleeding edge' in Kodi are the same folks who are most likely to be on the 'bleeding edge' of Linux.

BTW: I'm not complaining, just explaining what's wrong. Hopefully it will be fixed sooner rather than later.
I'm in the same boat; I reloaded my htpc with 19.04 now that the beta ISO is being built by Canonical, and I wrestled with the Kodi install last night and today. 
What is shipping in the 19.04 default repos is 2.17.6, and there are indeed no Disco folders yet in the team-xbmc ppa like the gentle-person prior mentioned.  When I forced the 18.10 Cosmic team-xbmc ppa into my /etc/apt/sources.list and tried to install Kodi, at least one dependency from 18.10 isn't in 19.04 and there was nothing to guide its replacement.

bash:

# sudo apt install kodi
<snip>
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 kodi : Depends: kodi-x11 (< 2:18.1+git20190217.1232-final-0cosmic.1~) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: libnfs11 but it is not installable or
                 libnfs8 but it is not installable or
                 libnfs4 but it is not installable or
                 libnfs1 but it is not installable
<snip>

and then it bombs out. I'm going to follow this thread and wait for a resolution (e.g. Disco gets added to the team-xmbc ppa).
@Terry604 

Why have you tried to search for the stable ppa if you want 'bleeding edge' then Wink

An alternative way to be on bleeding edge

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master....Ubuntu.md

Compile it from source. It's not rocket science and the guide above is really pretty easy.
I'm not interested in compiling from source. March 29 Nightly is working on Ubuntu 19.04, but I won't do any more nightly's until there is a PPA for it. Ubuntu 19.04 goes out of beta in 18 days. I can wait until then.
Checked again this morning and the PPA is there now (Added Mar 31). Am updating Kodi Nightly as I type.

Thanks to wsnipex (replaced with the nickname)
(2019-04-03, 18:49)Terry604 Wrote: Thanks to ..
His name is not totally anonymous or hard to find, but I think it's preferable to use forum/nick names here. Smile
Installed on my Disco system with Ryzen 7 and Radeon 580.
TV worked fine, but had turn off "Use MPEG-2 VAAPI" for better SD picture
Files stored on an Ubuntu-server played OK with NFS.
There is a bug for that, here: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110257
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-04-03, 19:12)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-04-03, 18:49)Terry604 Wrote: Thanks to ..
His name is not totally anonymous or hard to find, but I think it's preferable to use forum/nick names here. Smile 
Sorry I didn't know any better. Sad I won't make the same mistake again. Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No PPA for Ubuntu 19.04 - Disco Dingo1